AA cap increase

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sauron3030, Mar 6, 2019.

1. sauron3030 Elder

How many of these can you add to a character?
  2. CatsPaws Devil's Advocate

I have never heard of a cap. But I doubt anyone has gone there.

If its $2.50 for 100 and you buy 6 = $15.00
    You would only increase your AA by 600

If you paid for a month = $14.99 (or cheaper)
    And then auto grant = hundreds of AA depending on your level

Even if you paid once at level 85 and again at level 100 you would still come out ahead of spending $2.50 per 100 AA
  3. sauron3030 Elder

Unfortunately I realized after I bought one, it's not for gold accounts. DOH!
  4. Moege Augur

Someone needs to explain the value in the cap increase am I missing something with it ?

Take a silver account on which you bough a heroic heroic character you need to buy multiples of the cap increase before it will actually be useful. ((Heroic granted AA) - 250) / 100 = multiple purchases.

The auto granted/assigned AA is not taken into account when checking if you are allowed to gain more AA with this marketplace purchase.

e.g at 10k aa you will need. 10000-250/100 = 97 x $2.5 = $ 242.50

You could sub for 16 months for that price !
  5. CatsPaws Devil's Advocate

Who knows where they were going with this originally:) but it had something to do with free accounts when they first came out. Along with the "Silver" accounts for $5 so somewhere I am sure it made sense at the time and still brings in a trickle of extra income to DBG just like the "Task Cap Increase" which increases the amount of tasks you are allowed by 5 and the "Spell Rank Cap Increase" which gives free or silver accounts the ability to use RK II spells. All these seem like EQ was going to the place where you buy extras for your game like some others out there.

Of the three only the RK II is of any benefit and the other two could be removed from the marketplace. I do remember when free accounts were limited on the number of tasks in the task window but that seems to have gone away or maybe I am just not running as many tasks at one time on my free accounts.

BTW Silver get 1000 AA and F2P get the 250 but still is a lot of money.
  6. Tatanka Augur

It's pretty simple. There was no auto-grant when this was first offered.

In an era where auto-grant exists, there's really no point to this item in the store. I can't imagine they sell many (if any) of these.