AA buy order for fresh 110

Discussion in 'Casters' started by keldo, Jun 10, 2019.

1. keldo New Member

Having trouble locating information on this topic, my google-fu is failing me.

Recently leveled up a magician and enchanter to 110 after being away for 15+ years. I got all the auto-granted AA, but now that I am 110, I am looking for suggestions on priority for future AA I earn.

Not anticipating that I will be doing any raiding, mostly group content with a SK and Bard. Doesn't have to be super detailed, just a general idea would help out a lot.

Assume I know essentially nothing. As an example I leveled 1 to 90 before I realized I could claim 16 years of veteran reward on my characters, just because I had never seen it mentioned.

Thank you!
  2. RPoo Augur

I threw together this quick list of chanter stuff to get you started
    deep sleep
    phantasmic reflex
    Combat agility
    combat stability
    delay death
    general sturdiness
    natural durability
    persistent casting
    shield block or staff block
    gift of mana, gracious gift of mana, spell casting mastery / expertise / reinforcement

Gift of Hazy Thoughts
    Quick Damage
    Twincast
    Destructive Fury
    Fury of Magic
    Mastery of the Past
    Mindsunder, strangulate, mindstorm, beguiler's synergy (Focus tab)
    Spell casting fury
    Power of the Keepers / Dark Reign
    Aurora Mastery

Chromatic Haze
    Improved Twincast
    Focus of Arcanum
    Illusion of Grandeur
    Calculated Insanity
    Forceful Rejuvenation
    Third spire of enchantment
    Bite of tashani and Crippling aurora *oops it's called enveloping helix now
    Skewert and Mintalie like this.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

Mage, from the top of my head:
    Depends on pet role. Since you mention that you will be playing with an SK, i am assuming that you will not rely on pet tanking. You could therefore take these last. If you rely on pet tanking, pet AA comes first.

Theft of essence + maxed focus for “of many” is good if you decide manage swarm pets. All your toons can produce pets, so you decide to have of many in your rotation, these AA are good. Remember the type 3 aug. Break even is 6 pets, but you should aim for 10+ :). Do not forget bard swarm pets, they are both awesome source.

Nuke AA, all of them.

Synergy: I don’t think you can benefit from mage synergy with your group composition :-(, so that could come last.

AA mod-rod. Good source of mana.

Focus for the spells in your rotation.

Swarm pet duration, especially if you take the Of Many route. In that case, you should also max Host of the Elements.
  4. Blastoff Augur

This may or may not be helpful to you in the future but always buy as many non auto-grant aa's as you can before you hit auto grant on your toon. It requires some research and min-maxing but you can usually get a couple thousand aa's at the highest xp rate as possible before you hit auto grant and scoop up the old aa's. It also requires you to be able to grind out some xp for the toon without it contributing, but saves a ton of time in the long run if you can manage it.
    Skewert likes this.