A Tier`Dal correspondent?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xyroff-cazic., Mar 14, 2017.

1. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Greetings,

I am trying to complete the Troll Pirate Heads quest here:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2362

However I can't seem to find A Tier`Dal correspondent in Neriak Foreign Quarter. There is a location provided on ZAM, but he/she isn't there. Waited around for a few hours checking track periodically, but nothing. There's also a lot of discussion on ZAM from back in 2003 about the correspondent being MIA, but it does also seem some players had success finishing the quest. I'm on the Phinny server, but I also logged over to Cazic to check to see if the correspondent was up there. No luck on Cazic either. Any thoughts? Broken quest or just some kind of rare or triggered spawn with an unknown mechanic? Thank you.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I can safely say I've never heard of that NPC. I can't think of any NeriakC changes around that time that would have broken the spawn though.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Thank you for the reply. It's in NeriakA (foreign quarter) but I don't think that changes anything. I logged in to check for the correspondent right after the patch on Wednesday, and I checked for it on several other occasions since. I'm 99% sure the quest is just broken at this point.
  4. Nniki Augur

Magelo doesn't have that npc listed either.
  5. Prathun Developer

The NPC a_Teir`Dal_correspondent in Neriak: Foreign Quarter (NeriakA) does not have the ability to spawn until LoY unlocks, but more importantly, the spawn was completely disabled in Oct 2006. However, the spawn is enabled in the alt dataset of NeriakA. Based on the dialogues of the Teir`Dal correspondent NPC, this quest appears to be related to when the Trolls were ejected from Grobb and took up residence in Neriak. I assume that the spawn was disabled and/or the dataset was changed over when the trolls retook their home city of Grobb. It looks like the Troll Pirate Head items still drop in Gunthak.

It's probably fine to re-enable the spawn and change the dialogues. A fancier solution, like changing the population in Grobb and Neriak between LoY and whenever the trolls retake Grobb for progression and supporting an alternate way to do the quest in modern era, is probably more effort than would be warranted for this quest.
    Nennius and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

You could probably copy and paste something someone writes up here for you. I, however, am a bad writer and also very lazy.
    Prathun likes this.
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Thanks Prathun for the answer! You are right it's not really a high priority quest for fixing in any elaborate way. I just ended up looting the Pirate Heads while killing in Gunthak and looked up what they were for. Then I became oddly obsessed with tracking down the correspondent after reading the posts about him being difficult to find , sometimes being killed by NPC's etc. Didn't even make the connection about the quest being related to the Troll eviction. Thanks. :)
  8. Honeycomb New Member

This still hasn't been fixed. Spent hours farming troll heads on Mangler and for nothing. I guess no one got round to addressing it.:(
  9. Phteeven New Member

Is there a chance that this quest gets fixed? So frustrating...