A small request.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jaerlyn, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Jaerlyn Augur

This has probably been mentioned elsewhere before, but if it hasn't, there is a feature I would like to see in the game.

/rw
    Raid Warning. Something that comes out across the middle of the screen, like some text does.
    For example:
    /rw SOME IMPORTANT MESSAGE
    Jaerlyn warns: SOME IMPORTANT MESSAGE (Flashing across the middle of the screen, in a decent font size.)
    -If you don't like /rw, because other games use it, go with /rc
    /rc READ THIS... REALLY
    Jaerlyn calls: READ THIS... REALLY
    (I'd suggest leaving out any 'to the raid' parts of the message, so as to have it be shorter.)

I realize this feature exists in other games, but that is irrelevant. This is a visual game. Forcing people to read through tiny text truly does detract from the game itself. Allowing people to focus more on the center of the screen can only, in my opinion at least, help the game. I will fully admit that I don't know how difficult it would be to implement this, with EQ's coding, so while it is a small request it may be too complex of a task to implement.

I know with more an more people using GINA and the like nowadays, it's possible to do a workaround, with triggers, but I would really like to see this in the game.

Thanks for reading, those who do.
    Teslin likes this.
  2. Bandien Elder

I can't see it being super hard to implement into the coding since what you are asking is very similar to the Void H mission where they are called "pop-ups". But what does an ogre warrior know about coding? Nothing.