A server without Auto-Grant AA... Interest?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by peminkanwan, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

I dont particularly like it, but hooooboy, the alternative is "your new tank is useless for a few years, congrats!"
  2. Thul Journeyman

Nope. No interest.
  3. Micker Augur

You know how much time it would take to catch up with all those AAs!!?? It allows people to come back and not feel like they could never catch up and quit again. Auto grant, gets you to the baseline of AAs for most classes. Still have a LONG way to go to max out after that.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

Oh, a server with no auto-grant AAs?
    I'm sure Hanita has already set up shop there with 4 /pickzones of powerleveling in Sathir's Tomb.
  5. quakedragon Augur

I use to despise autogrant but ended up loving it. I mean, theres no one around to play with, everyone is pretty much bum rush to 110. I don't want to spend whole year staying at lvl 85 and racking up the AAs so I can handle lvl 90 content.
    I'm not sure what lvl you are now but for me 80- beyond is pretty much hell. 1-80 is difficulty slowing creeping upwards, and lvl 85 and beyond is like no more hiking, time to rock climb very scary mountain (content was made for people to be in zone and packed, now its not packed, yet content is still very scary), and if you have an accident, its pretty much death. Everything hits way too hard, nameds start to act like raid mobs spawning adds and doing other crazy things.

Nameds in City of Mist, simple.
    Nameds in some T1 lvl 90 zone, 'oh it could spawn some adds', it may do this other thing you don't know about and will wipe you first time around. This is just T1 btw.
    Would be nice to have description of nameds 4 expansions behind, like "this guy is going to spawn 2 adds every 10 seconds" "this guy is going to randomly charm someone" be ready for it.

Just wait till you do Heroic Adventures, you'll go into Bixie Warfront and start being bounced around everywhere and trash mobs start attacking you while your still being bounced around. Come back to zone try to get your corpse while being bounced around and die again and again. Welcome to lvl 85 buddy. (After I figured out what the heck was going on, its enjoyable, adds some feeling to the quest, I liked it. Just suggest give sometime for a warning and to get ready, not "goto the trench NOW", I don't even know what the trench is, I have no clue I'm about to be bouncing all over the place. Give me some warning next time and preparation and I'll enjoy it like I did after I figured it out)

basically to me 85 and beyond is cliffs of despair, because content is still hard and aint NO ONE around, I know when I get to 110 I'll be smooth sailing again.

Autogrant is to help you deal with not having to do tedious task of getting 2000 AA at each lvl beyond 80. There aint no one around, I want to get to 110 where everyone else is at, quick, I don't want to farm AAs at 89 in a zone with nobody around for months, and then after those months, I'm still worthless. Also, they do have it where you get AAs faster, up to a certain amount, is it fast enough? Not to me. Maybe its insane fast for a lvl 115 powerleveling AA on a lvl 70.

If your lvl 90 and its your first toon, believe me, the last thing you'll be thinking about is farming AA. If you didn't autogrant and you don't already have a ton of AAs, do you want to farm 5000 AAs? Your probably screwed too, because 0 AAs and lvl 90, stuff you can kill wont give much AA experience.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I just thought of another approach for those who might want to try it, since the OP's idea probably won't be offered anyway, so it's a way to "roll your own".....

Remember that auto-grant can work on a level-by-level basis. You'll only get the free AAs for levels up to and including the level you're at. So, if you want, you could do this. Ding a new level with auto-grant turned off. Look over the new AAs you can choose at that level, and grind XP to earn all the good ones. Once you've done that, you'll notice that there are plenty of AAs left to choose, many of which are pretty much "meh". You could now click auto-grant, get the "meh" AAs for free, since they're not really worth the effort to grind, and then turn auto-grant back off. Now ding to the next level, rinse, repeat.

This way, you're getting the "I earned my useful AAs" experience, while not having to do the mind numbing grind of 50,000 AAs by the time you hit max level.