A Rotten Heart...please fix this untested mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by RangerDanger#1, Jun 20, 2014.

1. kramer2202 Elder

Did not pull era from spawn point, ran in to kill her where she is. Yet still she contuously deagros and regens to full. And it doesn't happen just once, 10+ times in a row until I quit
  2. Axxius Augur

She does that on a timer regardless of where you fight her. Even at her exact spawn spot she will still leash and heal if not brought to low hp quickly enough. Same bug as the Tick Tock raid in HoT?
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I have no problem killing her fairly slowly when boxing... I pull her up the path a bit too, doesn't leash. But all three clients will lock up SOMETIMES.
  4. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I have been running this mission a lot, and have seen both problems.
    I find that if I fight Adana at her guard location at the bottom of the ramp, she tends to reset herself completely (100% HPs and strip all debuffs) sometimes multiple times. I pull her up the ramp a ways, but not quite to the bend, and then have no issues with resetting.
    As for knocking her down to 25% for the deaggro step, this usually causes most of the group to crash. EQ client freezes, hit Ctrl+Alt+Del, Task Manager says it is not responding, force an End Task and restart the patcher. This step dumps anywhere between 2-4 group members, nobody is boxing though we may have mercenaries.
  5. porky Augur

Crashed on my group this morning. Also have been crashing on raid since some jerk put all those broken Sepulchre and Flowing Blood ornaments on sale... thanks for that
  6. Bobsmith Augur

Full grp good dps did both heros yesterday with no crash no lag and no issues with leash etc. Plow thru and kill in groups of 4 or so till each mini named then burn the mini. Rinse, Repeat, Done =) happy hunting
  7. Tobynn Augur

Found another bug. Started the mission, Hailed Deidre for the initial task update. In process of killing the first scion, I noticed my group arrangement was incorrect. I often 3box and am accustomed to having my warrior as F3 and beastlord as F5. So, no biggie, I disband the group while fighting the 2nd scion. reform the group in the correct sequence, and plug along with the mission as per usual. Complete the mission, Hail Deidre, no chest. Hrm. Hail her again, still no chest, wtf. Open task window ~ surprise~!
    [IMG]
    Seems that once I disbanded and reformed the group mid-fight, I got credit for nothing else along the way.
  8. Kiras Augur

So I did this mission on Thursday. Didn't have crash issues. However, one odd thing happened. I got the achievements "Not in the Face" "A Rotten Heart: Challenge of Toughness" "Curative" but not the check mark for Hero of Tower of Rot. I've spoken to other people who have also beaten it without getting the check in hero.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Hero was supposed to from completion of The Fall of Lord Bayle task which is the 2nd Rot group task (and the basis for the raid) but was linked to this task instead until the recent patch. Per the notes -
    - Corrected an issue that caused the achievement "Vindicator of the Call (Group)" to be awarded after completing the task "A Rotten Heart" rather than the task "The Fall of Lord Bayle" as intended.
  10. Tobynn Augur

Actually, Hero of Tower of Rot includes both the Rotten Heart mission and the Bayle mission. Prior to patch, completing the Rotten heart mission credited the Bayle mission by mistake. Patch removed the erroneous checkmarks.

Post-patch, completing the Rotten Heart mission credits nothing at all. No checkmark for Hero of Rot, which in turn also fubars all of the parent/meta achievements. Presently no way to complete Greater Hero of the Call, or Savior of Tower of Rot, or Call of the Forsaken Paragon, or Greater Answerer, or Greater Master of the Call, or Answerer, or Master of the Call. The entire chain is dependent on Rotten Heart.
  11. Absor Developer

I found the issue with Adana. There were two bugs. The location she was bound to was wrong and even her spawn point was out of bounds. The other issue was that she wasn't checking her location often enough, which is why she didn't reset all the time. This should be fixed with the next update.

I still don't know about the crashes, but the above certainly won't fix those.

A
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Tobynn Augur

Additional info which may help to isolate the crash:

I have had great success recently in avoiding the crash at Adana. There is a location checkpoint/update which occurs center of the downramp immediately prior to Adana. I take great care to ensure I do NOT trigger that location update until after I kill Adana. I stay well up the ramp and drag Adana up to me. Now, yes, I do burn the living stuffin out of her to ensure she's dead before she has opportunity to check her location and reset/warp/blind. When I kill Adana first, and then walk downramp towards her three scion pals, triggering the location update, I don't crash. Well, at least I haven't crashed at all the past ~dozen times I have taken this approach.

However, do the reverse -- checkpoint update first and then engage Adana -- crash every time at 25%.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Absor Developer

That's weird. I've done that mission probably 50 times and never crashed. I've always done the elements in order (checkpoint first).
  14. porky Augur

7-2-14 Adana is still resetting herself and causing the entire group to lock up.
  15. Absor Developer

Yup! As I said: Next Update = Fix.
  16. Axxius Augur

If you don't want to wait for July 16 update, get her to 25% before she does that. You have like 30 seconds. Pop all discs and I'm sure your group can do some dps.
  17. porky Augur

7-04-2014 Adana doesn't appear to be resetting herself(in two runs) But she is still causing everyone to lock up. What is the spawn rate on this named anyway? Its the last my buddy and I need to get hunter. Have not seen mad Martyr in ~30 runs.
  18. Marton Augur

We are experiencing the same problem as well. No matter how fast we take her down to 25%, someone in the group always crashes, usually more then 1 person.
  19. david negron Lorekeeper

I think this is the Begining of the end of Everquest is this is how the new expansions are going to be. Sony is releasing the expansion piece by piece and content is full of bugs and lag. I have to restart the game every time I do this group mission because the Adana Baxter crash. I do not see any apologize about this issue anywhere. Where is the director of this game? Why Sony is selling an expansion with so many bugs? anyone have any idea?
  20. Edrick Augur

Hey, this sounds familiar. I think I heard it when Gates of Discord was released. Actually some people even said it before Kunark. The End is really taking its sweet time.