A Rotten Heart...please fix this untested mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by RangerDanger#1, Jun 20, 2014.

1. RangerDanger#1 Lorekeeper

Keeps totally crashing when fighting Adana. It's now done it 3 out of 4 attempts. It's been a known issue for a month.
  2. Axxius Augur

Did you... forget to hail Deidre before engaging Adana? ;)
  3. RangerDanger#1 Lorekeeper

no
  4. RangerDanger#1 Lorekeeper

This has been an issue, a reported issue for a month. There's no user error here. They released broken content and have not fixed it.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Axxius Augur

Odd. You must be doing something unorthodox. I've done this mission 5 or 6 times, including recently, and the only bug I found in it was that if you don't hail Captain Harath at the start, it may become unwinnable.
  6. RangerDanger#1 Lorekeeper

7. kramer2202 Elder

The last 2 times i have done this mission, when up to the Adana Baxter part, she continuously deagro's and regens to full health. I have also crashed during the fight, but this is a different bug. The first time she did it 10 times in a row before i dropped the task and started over. This time 15 times in a row. I hailed the Deidre in the beginning and up to the part in the task. WTF!!!!! If i continuously make mistakes at work, I get FIRED!! Fix this stuff please.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Tobynn Augur

I have had some success with beating down Adana on her spawn point. Charge her and fight her in the water where she stands. Once she goes inactive, the three scions next to her wake up and attack. So, be prepared for 3 adds in your face immediately as they stand about 3 feet from her.

When I have tried to pull her up the ramp, she often does that warp to spawn point thing, accompanied by an AE blind and return to 100% life, and then she promptly summons her most hated. I have had her warp and pop full again over and over and over again -- even is she's only a few feet out of the water. Its not a true leash mechanism though, as she doesn't wipe buffs.

Someone else suggested just full burn her bigtime. While it seems to occasionally bypass whatever script mechanism is causing the client crash, dumping my big dps discs for a 10 second fight is just stupid -- and I have still crashed doing so anyway. Its not a viable workaround when its not a reliable workaround.
  9. Pwnography Augur

Adana tethers if you pull her from her spawn point, even a short distance. You're meant to fight her at her spawn point, so far as I can tell from the scripting of the event. I assumed it was a full tether, because when I tried it once she went back to 100% and I had to reslow on the box, but it could have worn off without my noticing. In any event, you have to kill her where she stands.

It *appears* to be designed that way. The three scions behind her are blue cons, not yellow, and hit very weak comparative to the yellow-cons you find earlier in the mission (who hit ridiculously hard). Also, if you read her text, at 25% she says "...Get 'em, lackeys!' A magical shield envelopes Adana as similar shields fall off the scions.'"

By killing her at her spawn, I've never had any issues. There may be some terrible bug if you move her that I haven't encountered. I'll try tethering her five or six times tonight and see if I can replicate what you're talking about. =)
  10. Tobynn Augur

I have crashed all clients killing her within agro range of her spawn point. If there is some secret requirement to kill her where she stands, then that designated kill spot is about an arms length in radius. Its not as if I drag her across the zone. And even if I did choose to do so, I shouldn't be penalized with a client crash.

The client crash comes when she goes inactive at 25%. Not at 50%, not at 35%, not when she warps, not when she resets to 100%, not when the scions spew their wimpy AE damage. The crash happens at the point of task update -- even though your client didn't stay alive for you to actually see it update

Log back in to find that yes, the task did indeed update, and yes the three scions are now actively beating you down before you can even gain control of your character -- another penalty for killing her where she stands.
  11. kramer2202 Elder

I kill her at her spawn point. So the deagroing and regenning to full health has nothing to do with that it would seem.
  12. The Drood Elder

Ran thru this mission 15 times now no issue's.
  13. Vladdq New Member

About 60% of the time she crashes my groups computers. We a;ways fight her at her spawn spot. They have fixed a few bugs with the mission so hopefully this will be soon.
  14. WDWolf Journeyman

If you pull her from her spawn point and DPS her fast enough, she won't tether and regen, otherwise she does. This has nothing to do with EQ locking up. When she hits 25% and de-aggros to walk away, a mob is spawned that can be the PH or a Named (Mad Martyr). When this happens, sometimes my computer will lock, so will other people in my group. Sometimes it won't, sometimes mine won't but my friend's will and it always happens when this mobs spawns.

What to do? Well close the EQ process and reload EQ. You will still have the instance and everything will be updated properly. If you fought Adana at her spawn point be prepared for immediate aggro from the scions, otherwise you are good.

Yes it's a bug and it's annoying but the solution is to just use Task manager to shut down EQ and re-log.

This doesn't happen to everyone.
  15. Tobynn Augur

Happened again moments ago. Fought Adana in the water at her spawn point. I didn't allow her to move an inch from where she stands. Still reset to 100% once during the fight, and still crashed all clients at 25%. Now I get to log back into 3 scions on my head. Yay.
  16. Hanelce New Member

I've encountered this the few times I've ran it, always seems that if we are taking her down to quickly, and break that 25% mark, most/all of us Client Crash.
  17. Zantor Augur

Yeah is a crash bug, not happen all the time or to everyone in it. Is totally random, is funny when 1 of the 2 accounts I run on this computer gets it but the other one doesn't.
  18. Absor Developer

Were you trying to pull here away from her guard post. If so, it's not a bug. She won't be tricked into leaving her post
    A
  19. Absor Developer

I'm not in the office now, wont be for a while, so I can't look into the crash. But I'm aware of it.

A
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. RangerDanger#1 Lorekeeper

Hey, Im sitting here right now medding after another crash. Fought her in the water, burn her down fast an when she hit 25% all 3 accounts froze. Came back, everyone is in the lobby and task had updated.