A real good class and a real good server for me ?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Las-ja, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Las-ja New Member

What is a real good class for me solo and all the groups I can get all the way up to tops ? A class that is also in demand by groups.

What is a real good server for me ( I live in northern EU ) ? I want a server that is not low populated and one with friendly folks, so SELO ?

Im playing another mmorpg sometimes parallel to this because I love them both.

Ill be one boxing (single character).
  2. Phiyre Augur

Mage would be good :)

FV probably the best (larger/active) server.

Selo is TLP (paid account) and may be an ok option if you are paying.
  3. Buri Augur

Mage is good for solo, but not much in demand for groups. A good compromise may be Monk... one of the best DPS classes, pulling, and tanking with mend.

Classes that groups are usually looking for:
    Bard or Monk for pulls
    Shaman
    Enchanter
    Cleric
  4. Ruggar Lorekeeper

Selo is pretty top have atm you may have a hard time finding groups at lower levels.
  5. Las-ja New Member

Ok I actually think I will be playing a mage since I really like the class. Server most populated atm are FV, Selo and Mangler. I think I will try and play on any of those three servers for a day or two, just to see which one I like best.

<Thanks
  6. slayerofbats Augur

What is the other MMO you are playing?
  7. Owl56 Elder

Create a level 1 toon on each server during your normal play times and see what /general and /newplayer look like
  8. howitz Journeyman

Mangler would be a good choice it's still in classic era the max level at the moment is 50.
    So there's not a huge amount of catching up to do, and as a mage you won't need a lot of gear.
    Mages are also welcome in groups on Mangler because the pet damage and you're nukes will be good for any group.
    The Kunark expansion doesn't come out until June 5th? I think so plenty of time.
  9. bigpapa Augur

Create a level 1 toon on each server during your normal play times and see what /general and /newplayer look like
    well if you are in firiona vie , you better /join general / join general 1 , and sometime /join general 2 because sometime 1 and 2 are full already at 400 each , same for new players, who is sometime, maxed at 400. { specially at weekends }.
  10. Dewey Augur

I would say necro over a mage. Just because you can always solo. If you go mage on a TLP server there will be expansions were you can solo awesome like and then some where you can't solo anything. 8(

The necro can solo the whole way up. The necro can also snare, root, pull, dps, rez, and the list goes on.
    howitz likes this.
  11. howitz Journeyman

Necro's are great , just that getting into groups as a necro can be tiresome.
    They don't have the quick damage mages can do, unless they can charm a mob. Solo and a group which knows the power of a necro, but most of the early game is about killing the mob asap.
    More mobs more exp.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Any class is good. It's what you do with it that makes it 'real good'.

Server? Selo. All day.