A question about the RoF preorder

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Firecat429, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Leerah Augur

:-( Change of plans time. I guess I'll wait till it's available for SC then. They have lots of that.
  2. Moklianne Augur

VoA is going to have to be given to F2p accounts at some point. They just haven't committed to a date yet.
  3. Cakeny Augur

What are you talking about? Sub level has nothing to do with what expansions you can access.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I wouldn't be so sure about VoA being included in RoF. EQ2 has recently done away with this.

In EQ2 now, the latest expansion includes everything PRIOR to the second most recent expansion. In other words, buying the latest expansion in EQ2 nets you every expansion except the one that immediately precedes the one you're purchasing.

Don't count on SOE including all previous expansions. In the list of features, nowhere does it state all previous expansions included...
  5. Cakeny Augur

That was a one-time thing, since AoD was a feature pack and not a content expansion.
  6. Rainbowdash Augur

Except...you know...the post Piestro made that says it's included.
    BlankStare_001 and Geozen like this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I just spoke on the phone with a CS rep. They told me the upcoming expansion is the same way.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Let's hope he's correct.
  9. Abazzagorath Augur

They are going to keep including all expansions with the most recent one because it makes good business sense, and makes it a lot easier to deal with issues like, you know, offering expansion features that are predicated on a feature already being enabled on that account from a prior expansion, or not creating artificial barriers to entry to new or returning players.
  10. Cakeny Augur

SOE CS, talk to 5 CS reps and get 10 different answers on an issue. On EQ2 forums they stated new xpac would include DoV, AoD will remain a stand alone feature pack.
  11. WarSheol Augur

Considering as far as I know you can no longer get VoA from out side sources such as Amazon like you could before im gonna have to guess its included, No idea if its still in marketplace since I own it.