A question about the RoF preorder

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Firecat429, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Firecat429 New Member

If I pre-order Rain of Fear, or even buy Rain of Fear for that matter, and don't own Veil of Alaris, what happens? Does it activate VoA or do I have to buy it as well? I'm trying to return to EQ after a year or so off, and would rather not spend almost $100 if I don't have to!
  2. Anatole New Member

You will get VoA with RoF once RoF goes live, even if you preorder now, you will have to wait.
  3. Cloudia Augur

Same as has been for last several expansions, buying the current release unlocks all previous content.
    Bought VoA for a new toon a while back got all the claim items from previous expansions. Was when could still buy with SC and had a lot on account from double/triple bonuses so went ahead and got collectors, the claim was for VoA collector stuff not the all prior collector sets, so you only get the current goodies.
  4. Mikestab Elder

Did SoE say they will do this specifically? Things aren't the same anymore with F2P and unlockable re purchaseable content. You very well may have to pay for VoA
  5. Pirlo Augur

6. Numzan Augur

17 of 18 currently and i only owned Underfoot. I have 1 expansion prior to VOA. I am sure it comes with the ROF when purchased, so the expansions work together. I just returned to the game, and it opened up everything when i paid for the subscription to gold. I didnt pay for any expansions.
  7. Rainbowdash Augur

All accounts, free, silver, and gold, are given access to all zones and content* from Classic to House of Thule with no purchase necessary. Veil of Alaris must be bought. House of Fearful Alarans on Velious (AKA Rain of Fear) must also be purchased.

*Restrictions may apply. See: Prestige. See: AA cap. See Merc limit. See: Cash cap. etc
  8. Gigtuoka New Member

My question is, in previous years you could do the pre-order, and it not charge your card until the day of release (would tell you the day it was going to charge you), is this year the same? I did pre-order on one account, but haven't gotten a confirm email nor do I find the pre-order in my purchases history (yes I have correct email attached to account). Is it because there is no set release date?
  9. Rainbowdash Augur

Yes it's the same.

And I think they retracted their set date and it's now just "sometime in November".
  10. Elizarain New Member

Where is the information with the story line on this expansion? What's it about?
  11. Riou EQResource

It's just a continuation of the: Alarans Take Cazics Essence -> Stop Alarans from absorbing it -> Essence Crystal Shatters and flies all over Norrath -> Rain of Fear Expansion (Put it back together? Collect it to finally resurrect Cazic-Thule?)
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Also probably stopping Mayong from trying to absorb it.
  13. iniari-TR Augur

Kerafyrm awakens and kills everyone. - GAME OVER. :p
  14. Cakvala Augur

I attempted to do the pre-order do you get any sort of confirmation email that you pre-ordered? or nothing until the day they charge?
  15. Abazzagorath Augur

You will receive an e-mail from sony at the address listed on the account, stating that you have pre-ordered it, on the day you order it.
  16. Cymon New Member

It'd be nice if they cut their older players a break and rolled out an all inclusive version of RoF. Ya know, seeing as noobs get up to HoT free instead of the the decade we paid for every single expansion...
  17. Abazzagorath Augur

I don't know what you're asking for. If you buy RoF you get every other expansion.
  18. Leerah Augur

I can't preorder, (even if it weren't for the SC lies because I need to transfer some toons to accounts which don't have the latest expansions.) I'm not going to buy expansions for silver accounts that I don't play just so I can do the transfers.
  19. Izcurly Augur

If you can't do those transfers today, you won't be able to do it after the RoF launch either. One thing that has been clarified is that Silver accounts are NOT getting VOA for free. You'll get VoA if you buy RoF, but HoT will still be all you get for buying nothing.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

Thankfully VoA should have fewer players in it then, if Silver is cut out of it. ;)