A Question About Graphics For Vah Shir

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Your_Ad_Here, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Greetings and hello! I am Hazan, a Vah Shir Warrior, and I have come to ask if I have angered the Gods in any way.

You see, there seems to be something wrong with my left hand. I am not sure what it is, I mean, it was normal when I was a cub, but lately it is as if it was cursed by Bristlebane as some bad prank.

Case in point ...

[IMG]

As you can see, I am holding a lantern. Now, as any normal, intelligent person would do, they would grip the handle and shine it around them. But me? No ... I have the overwhelming urge to shove my hand through the glass before I grasp the handle. While it does send light around me, I have had my share of burns to my fur and clothes.

And another thing ....

[IMG]

An excellent warhammer I was given as a fine present to use as I hunt. But when I wish to hold it in my left hand, it wishes to become a warpickaxe! No matter how hard I try to reverse how I hold it, I have stabbed myself int he leg numerous times.

And don't get me started on how I hold a bow ...

[IMG]

You can only imagine the numerous disasters when I shoot anything but what I am intending to hit.

So I implore you, the Gods, to remove this curse from me and my kind!

TL; DR Why oh why do Vah Shir hold everything backwards on their models in the off hand? At least I hold my shield correctly! It's so ... argh .. annoying ... o_O
  2. Riou EQResource

Are you using the low quality Vah Shir model instead of the full Luclin one?
  3. Llyweilun Journeyman

Well technically speaking the war hammer is not Held wrong. Both Ends were historically used in combat. Since you are Holding the spiked side Forward you most likely fight unarmored opponents or intent to trap one of their limbs disarming them (historically a disarm is not only removing the opponents weapon but anything that makes him loose control about it even for just a small amount of time).

I am sure a mighty warrior such as you is well versed in using both sides of the weapon. thats why they are there - besides from looking totally cool :)
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  4. CaptainSkeet Augur

Lol @ the bow

[IMG]
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  5. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Hm, I am not sure. But I will go check! Thanks for the info!
  6. Malbro Augur

From the pictures, it looks like he's using the high quality model.
  7. gotwar Gotcharms

As Riou pointed out - that's definitely the low-quality model. Detailing in the face gives it away, as do the lack of curvy-esque surfaces.

Stolen from google images:

[IMG]

Doesn't mean it should be happening. Funny post though. Dat bow.
  8. Gialana Augur

Really, it just looks like the bow if for trick shooting. You have mad skills if you can shoot over your shoulder and hit your intended target.
  9. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Heh yeah, I had on the low quality textures. Making it the newer Luclin ones seemed to help (and the Skeletal Hunters don't zip around all spoopy like over the ground).