A question about expansion upgrading...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rayzen, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Rayzen Elder

When you "upgrade" an expansion, say from standard to premium....do you only pay the difference, between the two, or the entire premium expansion price? I have never upgraded an expansion after the fact, and am wondering, if I'd have to pay the 35 dollars I already spent for standard again.
  2. Zamiam Augur

just the difference .. so for example standard is $35 and collectors is 90 .. if you already have standard you would just pay 50 +/- a buck or two to make up the difference . same goes if you have standard and want premium you would pay the 100 difference or so ..would depend on if you are all access or Ftp .. all access receives a 10% disco ..
  3. Rayzen Elder

ahh cool. ty for the reply. I would like to get the premium edition for my main, but not sure if I can afford that, and expacs for my alts at the same time too. good to know. thank you again:)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Gialana Augur

Though this is a rare occurrence, you also pay the "at-the-time" price difference between what you have and what you're upgrading to. For instance, I purchased TBM at full price. When the half off sale hit, I upgraded one to the collector's addition. The non-sale price difference is $55. The difference between the sale prices was $27.50. The difference between the full price standard edition (that I bought) and the sale collector's edition would have been about $10. When I upgraded, I paid the $27.50, minus the All Access discount.

So in total, even though I upgraded to the collector's edition when it was on sale, I paid more than the 50% price for the collector's edition. But I also didn't have to wait for the sale before I used the standard edition.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.