A Plea from a blacksmith

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RandomStrategy, May 31, 2017.

1. RandomStrategy Augur

DBG,

I will be the first to say I stand corrected and will wait if these recipes were not in Classic due to them being introduced in Kunark intentionally, but may we blacksmiths please have our first stat based cultural armor? My barbarian shaman wanted so badly to make some Imbued Northman Ring Mail armor, but, sadly, no dice. While I did get a nice mace made, my paladin blacksmith also cannot make the imbued plate armor of his own deity (granted, he's not got the money for an imbued diamond, stupid Mith Marr and his bling, seriously, it should have shed enough light to shine the entire zone it is in).

I'm looking for some history, oh Great Elder Ones who were here in 99....were the stat armor (Imbued versions, like https://wiki.project1999.com/Imbued_Northman_Ring_Mail ) in the game at launch? Was it Kunark? Can my paladin smith PLEASE have his Essence of Sunlight so I can make Enchanted Antonian Long Swords and compete with people simply farming out of era gear like BALS and BABS?

I know this will probably fall on deaf ears from DBG, or get "NOT CLASSIC"....maybe some agree, maybe some don't....but please.....at least give me something to do other than Fine Plate.
  2. Fhiele Augur

And while we're at it, if I could make ornate gold chain armor, that would sell at a nice profit over the base ornate chain no one seems to want.
  3. Baldur Augur

You're going to be even more disappointed because the first tier cultural isn't available until Velious.

While it was added in Kunark originally all the enchant spells had a component: Jacinth, Black Sapphire, Diamond, or Blue Diamond. Those components were removed in Velious so that's why they are tied to that expansion. The blue diamond cultural (the tier above the first tier stuff) is tied to Luclin expansion.
  4. RandomStrategy Augur

Some of it is in, that I know of. The Imbued Northman Mace is in the game, however the armor set and kite shield are not. DBG, WHY!?
  5. Baldur Augur

The weapons are the only things in on classic, but not all of them are. This gets rehashed every time a TLP is launched. They didn't change it for previous TLPs, I doubt they do anything about it now.

If anything you'll get the weapons nerfed to Kunark. The best you could hope for is somehow they put the component back in the enchant spell and put them in Kunark instead of Velious. They were never in classic, and shouldn't be, they are way too good for classic.
  6. RandomStrategy Augur

Blackened Alloy Longsword 10/29 1hs

Blackened Alloy Bastard Sword

Blackened Alloy ENTIRE ARMOR SET

FOCUS EFFECTS DROPPED ITEMS

Tell me more about how 9/26 1hs +2str +2dex (REQUIRES A FIRE EMERALD TO MAKE) is too strong for Classic? Tell me about how 18AC with +2str +2wis is TOO STRONG FOR CLASSIC?
    [IMG]
  7. Baldur Augur

I wasn't talking about the weapons, most of them are in classic right now anyways.

I'm not sure why you're arguing this, like I said, at best it will come in Kunark, because that's when it was originally introduced.

And not all the cultural is created equal, the barbarian chain that you linked doesn't take an enchanted metal, so it's not that great. If you look at the dwarf, ogre, high elf, and dark elf stuff that takes a temper and an enchanted metal, they are on par with hate/fear gear.

I would suggest that if you can prove a certain set was available in classic originally to submit a ticket to dgcissuetracker.com and see if you can get them to change it.

Maybe that imbued northman stuff is already flagged for Kunark because it doesn't take an enchanted metal, I don't know, but anything that takes an enchanted metal is flagged for Velious.
  8. -wycca Augur

This was already heavily reviewed for Phinigel, I seriously doubt it will get reviewed again.
  9. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Someone PM me with the details of the cultural armor/weapons for classic if you are afraid something is going to be nerfed. I'd like to get the expansions set right for those items on allakhazam. I know the Northman cultural forge is in Halas right now on Agnarr so I'm guessing some recipes work and some don't, I need to know which is which.
  10. Fhiele Augur

I've made a gazillion Seafarer's Cutlasses.
  11. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Any updates for those trying cultural on Agnarr?