A New Zone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fendy, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Samatman Augur

Heh. Great thread.

I just wanted to let y'all know I'm logged in, standing in the Guild Lobby right now, not moving, while I read this thread.

I don't have lag in PoK or the lobby but then I use the old character models. I keep forgetting how tough it must be on those with luclin models turned on. So many mounts and hero's forge armors to render!

Seems like they could add a PoK stone to allow access to guild halls but I bet people would just start piling up there, afk too. Then before you know it, rude people would start doing MGBs there on those new piles of people. I mean remember when people used to all pile into the Nexus for those buff parties? And back then the spell particle effects could choke a top-end computer! That bard song! OMG! Bards shouldn't have even been allowed to zone into Nexus. The obvious solution is to just have random gravity-flux effects occur in non-raid zones whenever more than 4 people cluster together, flinging them to different points in the zone. You could even add in a z-axis bungee effect that could inflict serious falling damage for those without levitation buffs. Better yet, have the gravity flux events cause all levitation effects to drop. This would be fool proof because the chance of more than 3 actual characters close together (don't count the 3 mercs in your regular box group) during regular game play are near zero.

Well, I've gotta go for now. I've got a few more dailies to finish up in WoW before I alt-tab back to EQ to see if I got any decent buffs.
    TheQxx likes this.
  2. Sinestra Augur

If it's too much lag or congestion, just look down and walk around it or upgrade your system <snicker>
  3. Corlen-Xeg Elder

I create free accounts so I can make toons to AFK in the guild lobby and POK all day. If this is taken away my fun in EverQuest will be ruined.
    Elenwyyi, Ratbo Peep, Stubar and 3 others like this.
  4. Pather Journeyman

It's funny, people complain about paying 15$/month, but I would love to see the real numbers of those people who kept their computers on for thousands of hours a year just for a simple buffs multiplied by the electricity consumption costs, I bet many people are paying a secondary game fee on electricity, and it's also not exactly eco friendly.
  5. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

Are there really still people out there that shut down their computer nightly? What are you saving, like $10 a year with how high the efficiency is on processors and graphics cards now?

Not saying anything negative, I just don't know anyone personally who shuts it down at night when it's far easier and less hassle to just let it go to sleep mode or something.
  6. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

They should get rid of guild lobby, and just make gh and ggh off of shadowrest, the nature of zone alone would freak people out. Add the corpse summoners to this zone and have the shade banish every one afk for 45 minutes to a deep dark pit
  7. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I turn mine off every single night. When I get home from work I turn on the pc, hop in the shower. When I get out of the shower it's on. No hassle here /shrug
  8. Pather Journeyman

If you are leaving your character online for buffs, the computer is not on sleep mode. Depending on your country, billing will be diferrent. A permanent active computer, every night, just for buffs, it's definately more than 10$ a year.

On the other hand, is good to give the computer a full reset, memory garbage, configuration overlaps, temporal logs, partial updates and many other things. It's good to give the computer a full rest and restart cycle, not daily, but at least once a week.