A New Zone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fendy, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Fendy Augur

I would like to suggest making a new zone connected to the guild lobby. Four rooms shaped like a cloverleaf. Move Franklin Teek into one of the rooms and modify him to to give tasks for levels 80, 85, 90 and the 90 alternate. Put his brother Frederick in another room offering tasks for levels 60, 65, 70 and 75. Put his other brother Theodore in a room offering tasks for levels 40, 4, 50 and 55. And the last room gets his cousin Alvin offering tasks for levels 20, 25, 30 and 35. This would effectively break up the current lag pile in PoK into 4 smaller ones. And also give buff campers a better chance at getting buffs befitting their levels.
  2. Corlen-Xeg Elder

These forums are the best.
    Edrick and Stubar like this.
  3. Stubar Augur

How about we just make timers tick down everywhere except the guild hall.

I think of all those poor wasted keystrokes being typed out about how bad lag is in leech zones. /cry
    Sinestra and Genoane like this.
  4. Iila Augur

People are standing around doing NOTHING! The mere concept of such a thing is WRONG and deeply offends me. As we all know, EverQuest is an excellent representation of my idealized fantasy world in which no one ever stands still, except for when they're stationary for the important reasons I've listed in subsection 2a. Standing still for any other reasons is simply not realist and ruins my roleplaying experience.

In order to alleviate this problem, I have come up with a simple and intuitive solution to disperse those would fail to be active and allow everyone a chance to explore the wonderful world of Norrath. Each day, the level of the hot zone quests will be added to the number of days since the last solar eclipse visible from Minneapolis, then Pi will searched for each of those resulting numbers sequences. An NPC for each of the hotzone quests represented by of those number sequences that start at a position in Pi that is a prime number of digits from the start of Pi will be placed into a random position on this curve, which is then overlayed on top of the Ocean of Tears zone. Then the NPCs for all number sequences that start on a non-prime even position in Pi will be placed onto a position on this curve which will overlayed on the Timorous Deep zone. Finally, the NPCs for all non-prime, non-even number sequences will be positioned on this curve which will overlayed on the Iceclad Ocean zone.

There, a simple and intuitive solution to the problem of all those easy mode WoW playing f2p kids that are killing EverQuest by standing in the Guild Lobby/Plane of Knowledge/Bazaar/Guild Hall/Sunrise Hills and having the audacity to NOT MOVE.
    Potawatomi, Edrick, TheQxx and 3 others like this.
  5. FVFTW New Member

Iila, you are a genius :D
  6. Stubar Augur

I think my point may have been missed. What I was trying to say was.....if it wasn't for the leech zones, we wouldn't have to continously post about the excessive lag in a high traffic zone. Each launch of a new event I still hope for a viral death debuff so I can port to the current popular leech zone and spread the joy.
    Potawatomi likes this.
  7. TheQxx Augur

• Make the floor in the Guild Lobby lava.
    • Death Touch anyone caught standing still for longer than 12 seconds.
    • Install some Rancor pits that will randomly drop players into a fight for their life, like Jedi Luke Skywalker; perma-death may apply.
    • Have buffs deal damage over time in the Guild Lobby; something like 10k per tick, per buff should do it.

Just brainstorming.
    Apathy and Stubar like this.
  8. Phrett Augur

This idea is awesome

Don't touch the floor (insert your little brother or sister's name here), the floor is lava!

[IMG]
    TheQxx likes this.
  9. Sostenes Augur

I have wondered myself, why do people clog up the guild hall? Specially all around the Magus? Also, the other place I find clogged up is the small bank area, where there are a bunch of really good merchants and other useful items, oven, etc...

Could there be a "long term parking lot" at PoK or Guild Hall for people who 100% are just in both mentioned zones for the pure intention to suspend the timer from ticking or buff camping? Say for example that somebody is stationary for 15 minutes and gets gated to the parking lot, there could be a pop up stating "Due to lack of movement, you will be transferred to long term parking lot in 10 seconds, unless you move".

That way, players that literally leave their toons overnight sitting in front of the small bank and guild hall will be relocated to a place (parking lot) where nobody who is actually playing the game would care they are there. And when players get ready to leave the parking lot will have whatever timers they wanted to preserve intact :)

Sostenes
  10. TheQxx Augur

The honest solution is any buff MGB'd in the Lobby or PoK should hit everyone in the zone, regardless of location. That will keep everyone from clustering up, reduce lag and mitigate 'the situation' better. But in reality, it's not a big deal but peoples go bananas over it like wut.
    Obiziana likes this.
  11. Reprisal Augur

I don't understand, shouldn't Frederick be named Simon?
    Aeonblade likes this.
  12. Feradach Augur

While it's not a perfect solution, Franklin Teek should at the very least be moved over by the big bank in PoK.
  13. Sinestra Augur

Franklin should be left right where he is until they are willing to do something about the Guild Lobby problems. Until then, everyone can deal with it like those that have issues in the Lobby are told.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Why he has been there for years? The complaints about his whereabouts has only arisen since they changed buffs to not count down in PoK, all they need to do is reverse the change and things will go back to how they were.

In the Lobby just put silence in the area between the Magus and the throne. I was amazed when I logged onto test, the only part of the lobby which was clogged up was the port in side from Throne of Heroes, the Magus side was clear apart from a handful of players.
    Sinestra likes this.
  15. Fendy Augur

A parking lot. I just realized we already have a zone that no longer serves a purpose and nobody goes to. And it's connected to PoK. Shadowrest! That's where Teek should be moved to. And it's small enough that mgb's will affect anyone there.
  16. Axxius Augur

That's too complicated. Let's try this: I would like to suggest making a new zone. You know, in addition to the 2 playable zones in CotF.
  17. Rorce Augur

Take this however you wish, but this little snippet came from the recent Developer chat. Full logs can be found Here on EQResource

18. Sostenes Augur

A hide afk players would work, if people were to be placed afk by the game after no keystroke activity is detected, otherwise all you have to do is not put your toon in afk mode and you'll still be there haha
  19. Edrick Augur

Look at this WoW solution for little babies with no brains. Wow, talk about catering to the lowest common denominator. Honestly Illa, I thought you were better than this. Couldn't your so called "solution" to the problem include some advanced calculus at the VERY least? We're Everquest players for crying out loud. I am not resubbing my 14 gold accounts if this change isn't made tomorrow.
  20. Obiziana Augur

How about making an NPC POK, GL, etc. that will give you all the buffs that you ask for. That way, you don't have people AFK'ing for 12+ hours hoping that they'll come back to a fully buffed toon. They can simply go and hail the NPC, ask for the buffs they want and go about their game play. When they're done playing for that session, they can either rebuff and camp, camp and rebuff next time they log in, or AFK in an out of the way place where they won't disturb anyone.

Will some buff classes cry foul? Maybe, but honestly, what's the harm when these buffs are being MGBd at regular intervals anyway? It's just a little less headache for all involved and nobody is making buff classes obsolete, they just won't have be bugged to MGB anytime they're in GL, POK, etc.