A new Ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Constellation, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Vaclav Augur

60%-66% of current RF/LJ frankly makes absolute sense because of one primary thing....

RF/LJ are getting an XP adjustment that wasn't asked for. But yet Phin was advertised (after they un-stealthed it) as "substantially slower XP than RF/LJ) - which being 33-40% behind really wouldn't be.

The team doesn't do things at random - there was an intent behind why they decided RF/LJ needed an XP adjustment as well - and with the lack of complaints, it seems likely the difference of the "slow server" getting too close to the 'faster ones' is likely the cause.
  2. Frottage Journeyman

Need help on ragefire

I finally got my 4 shards on ragefire and would like help finishing my cleric epic I not ready to come back just yet to raid but I Would love to finish my epic. please pm me and lets make a deal. Need finial fight only you can have the loot what i don't need.
  3. Marthisdil Augur

Your "offer to share" at best in the past was approaching Tempus and CE "hey, if we let you guys have Trak, could you kill him during the day instead of RG?" and "If you guys stop working with RG, we'll be happy to change things. We will try and kill things as close to spawn time as we have a raid force able to and not let mobs like Trak move into late mornings US time to keep him from ever spawning in US primetime"

DW "breaking the permanent EU-cycle" wasn't a show of good will - it was because DW was pissed at RG for killing Trak on a Saturday morning US time with Tempus.

Thanks tho :)
  4. Marthisdil Augur

Oh, quick addendum:

"We're not TL, we've never claimed to be TL, but you had to expect there'd be some response from 250 vs 70 contests"

1) We've never had 250 present at a joint Trak raid. That one saturday morning we had 100ish. DW with boxes was at about 80 or so at the same time. FP showed up with 50ish as well.

2) Madlez says otherwise about DW:

[Fri Jan 22 12:14:49 2016] Madlez -> Marthisdil: im looking to make DW a bit more of a all around the clock killing machine. i have a very solid euro team and lately i got a good influx of american people
    [Fri Jan 22 12:15:16 2016] Madlez -> Marthisdil: im pretty sure you see already where im going with this

That was the day before the big Saturday morning Trak sock between everyone that you referred to.

Thanks for the response tho!
  5. Batbener Augur

No halfling paladins= junk server.

On a serious note, it will be interesting to see just how long Phinny makes it without easy boxing. Some of those post pop xpacs could be brutal without a box team. That being said, it's got a good chance to catch live with the guaranteed unlock timers, something I hope they add to ragefire. I also hope they add instancing. With both of those, I am confident Rage could catch live, too.
  6. Rhiyannon Augur

couldn't pay me to go back to ragefire and the bot haven it is. I'd rather take slow xp than deal with obvious bots and mega-bot armies. I left in july and haven't been back, went on to have fun in other games until phinny. enjoy rage if you're having fun, all the more power to you since the whole point is to have fun, mocking others because we got tired of the BS... actually reflects more on you than us.
    oldkracow likes this.
  7. Korillo Augur

Ragefire might still be fine now but it's hard to imagine it still being a healthy server when Phinny hits PoP in November while Ragefire won't even be half way through Velious.
  8. Moranis Augur

RF will be part of the way thru Luclin, not Velious, by then.
  9. Constellation Augur

Most of the people that are on Ragefire now don't want to be in PoP in November.
  10. Korillo Augur

Ah yes I mispoke you are right, it will be Luclin. The 6 months vs 12 weeks is such a large discrepancy though it will just keep growing. Perhaps if they merged lockjaw and ragefire eventually it might still have a decent population, I suppose time will tell.
  11. Semah Augur

The Phinny info page doesn't say that the 12-week timer will be reduced for later expansions, though. This means that when Ragefire and Lockjaw move into 3-month mode, the gap will stop growing so rapidly.
  12. Fiyero Augur

Who said RF/LJ are moving into 3 month mode? If anything, Classic and Kunark should have been 3 months and then start going 6 months.
  13. Greyowl Augur

Never heard anyone from DW say so. And i doubt RF wont see some kind of TL reincarnation once Velious launches. So i contradict both your points.

TL is perfect at sprinting. No one catches them on short and middle distances. But because of their speed, they need refreshing drinks (aka xpac unlocks) or burn out at some point. DW appears to be the long distance runner. So Phinny looks perfect for TL (or Shadow Asylum or whatever) and RF seems perfect for DW.

And apart from all that: back in the days, officers and leaders argued in privat (guild leaders forums and whatnot). Shame that changed.
    Zatrassis, Belit and Drexll like this.
  14. Belit Lorekeeper

The metaphor with the sprinter vs the long distance runner was a good choice. And ... why should the remains of TL come back to RF if they are busy doing epics in their just arrived kunark? Dancing on 2+ weddings is not really what is called fun.
  15. Belit Lorekeeper

I don't post often but I watch the forums regularly. Every time someone is joyfull or only lets a fart, you crawl out of your cave and try to change our good mood. You can even feel the bitterness, that sourrounds you. Probably you have nothing else ... no need to answer. Some names speak for themselves.
  16. Semah Augur

Tudadar likes this.
  17. Belit Lorekeeper

No cry babies, bro. My friends and comrades. We are global now. Euro-american. Everything is exactly at its place. The only old friend I am truly missing, that is not, where I think he belongs, is you :(
    Hope you are fine and LJ gets an early vote.
  18. vardune Augur

Phinigel is by far the best TLP server. Ragefire is all but dead and Lockjaw isnt much better. Phinigel is the evolution of those poorly implemented TLP server and DBGs nailed it with Phinigel. Just look at the main page and the population totals.
  19. jordune Augur

i box 7 toons, all will vote yes to velious.
  20. Destroying Angel Lorekeeper

We're having a blast noobing it up. We're glad people with your mindset are not here.