A new Ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Constellation, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Tudadar Augur

If they said eq would have lost jobs with them / others cancelling subs they would have been right?
  2. Constellation Augur

haha, now that is ignorant.
  3. Pictarous Augur

If every crybaby who said they would cancel their sub actually did, then sure. Clearly that hasn't happened.

Also, what am I ignorant of. This is a post asking people to come to Ragefire is it not? Then shouting down anyone who rightfully says that server is deader than a doornail. Server ok an healthy? No posts begging for others and 3 pages spent convincing us other rats to get back on the sinking ship. Or I guess sunk. Is there rat diving gear?
  4. Marthisdil Augur

Except TL isn't coming back here. And DW wants to be TL. But since you've been absent (both in physical presence and mind), I wouldn't expect you to understand the current political stuff here.

And you may be right - most of my posts may be pessimistic. But, at least they aren't psychotic.
  5. Batbener Augur

Why, do you plan on playing on all the servers? Do you get a commission selling cheap computers at Walmart? I personally box 4 toons, and I would never buy more computers just to box. I played on phinny. It doesn't work for me. Sitting LFG for even 5 minutes is a waste of my playtime, which I have very little of. PUGs suck. I don't mean suck a little. I mean they REALLY REALLY REALLY suck. Sure most of the time they work out. When they don't, it's a complete waste of my game day.

The people that want to perma noob it up and grind out levels with strangers all flocked to Phinny. They can have their little classic instanced raids and pretend they are sweeeeet, and that's fine. I want a server where can I box with one computer. So do a lot of other people. Ragefire's population is fine. It's not too far off being exactly where I would want it to be. If there is a population problem, boxing has very little to do with it. 1st major problem was the 6 months of kunark. Second, a lot of hard cores left RF to take advantage of the losers on Phinny that are still paying way too many kronos for gear that gets replaced in a month. Hard cores also like the fact there are no votes for idiots to manipulate because they are first class losers. 3rd, there have been 2 TLPs released since RF launched and ragefire isn't even a year old.

Personally, I would like to see raid instances on ragefire, and possibly a merger with LJ or at least keep them synced up so a merger is possible later on.
  6. Constellation Augur

If I want to be Gisele Bunchen, it doesn't mean it's ever going to happen (Reference to DW wanting to be TL). You're crying about another guild, and what they are doing.... What's new, and what is there to understand?
  7. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

The main problem with Ragefire is the 6 month unlocks. I'd actually like to play in the expansions past PoP with a healthy guild on a healthy server, and I just don't think you can do that on such slow unlocks. Even Vulak died and it has Phinny-esque unlocks.

The raid expeditions really round that out, allowing more players/guilds to do content in-era than on Ragefire.

RF had a lot of potential, and for people wanting to play very casually (as in, take multiple months to hit max level and not complete raid content in-era) I can see how it would be a good choice. I'm not sure exactly where casual and hardcore meet, I'm sure it's defined differently by everyone, but I think Phinny is the closest approximation of catering to that crowd.

Hope you have fun over there, Breeze.
    ElaidaTL, Vaclav and Constellation like this.
  8. -wycca Augur

I actually liked most of the RF community - especially once the LJ xfer period was over. The entire server seemed to be alot less toxic after those people left.

The problem was the 6 month unlock, as Jain says just before me - it seems very problematic for long-term survival. Yes, at some point people will quit no matter what, so it's really just a matter of balancing the 3 main quitter categories. Those categories would be 1) people who quit because they're behind, 2) people who quit because they're bored, and 3) people who quit because they've done what they want to do. The problem with 6 month unlocks, is that the largest category of quitters overall probably isnt #1, and it's the only option that 6 month unlocks seem to help with (at the significant risk they immediately turn into #2!). Faster unlocks seem to be better overall at prolonging server health in that manner.

Phinnie, while having less interactions on a guild level in raid content (which is disappointing - there is something missing in EQ when you don't bump into other guilds on raid content IMO - maybe that will be better in Velious), is a much better server than Ragefire though for tons of players simply because of instancing. It really is one of the best things they've ever done to a TLP server - for everyone, top to bottom. There's a ton of guilds and people who were on Ragefire that would still be around and enjoying EQ if instancing had been in there. On Phinnie we're up to 10 guilds who have killed most of the major raid mobs....which is exactly the same as Ragefire during it's rotation heyday...and it's happening without bot guilds or bot armies or bot groups. Instancing also guarantees they'll have something to do multiple times a week, from now...till forever.

Plus um, no votes. You can actually plan time-off from work if you want to. Your gameplay isn't dictated by others on Phinnie. That's pretty awesome.
    Rhiyannon, Vaclav and Tudadar like this.
  9. Zantosa New Member

While I don't mind the free commercial you give Darkwind, you should know well that we've offered to share, but this has been declined - we even showed our willingness by killing Trak asap to try to break the permanent EU-cycle.
    In return for that, you decided to join an alliance to get Trak killed (look what good that did you, we've on the other hand faced exactly that adversity since we started raiding and have adjusted ever since), and then refuse to meet us halfway to match something out. While I enjoy the demonization as much as the next guy, but at some point now it starts to get ridiculous. We're not TL, we've never claimed to be TL, but you had to expect there'd be some response from 250 vs 70 contests.
    Constellation likes this.
  10. Eilad Lorekeeper

The response is the army of M*Q monks right? :D
    Drexll likes this.
  11. Zantosa New Member

You must have us confused with WDB.
    When we could field ~10 monks, two were alts, rest were mains. A simple guildstatus would have revealed that.
  12. Stradi New Member

I am seriously considering moving from Phinigel to Ragefire.

I was gone from EQ for a very long time until early 2015 through mid 2015. I reactivated my accounts (which were originall on Povar, then Xev, then Druzzil Ro I think and now, Xegony). I was 3 boxing actually. I box because I like to be able to put together a group and get started in a few minutes. I do not have hours and hours like I did back in 1999. Other than boxing I am pretty casual. I still like to group though.

I took a break from EQ again in about June and came back in Dec. to try phinigel. I do not regret it. I like that classic experience and stuff.

On the other hand I still do not like having to search for groups or even when I find/start a group I have to find a camp etc. So I want to box a little here and there. I cannot do that on Phinny.

Also, although I like classic EQ, you can run through that pretty quick and having Kunark available would be helpful. I would still be making my way through classic and kunark before velious launched.

I think I have talked myself into dipping my toes into the ragefire water.
    Constellation likes this.
  13. Constellation Augur

Heya, Jain! I made it to level 11 on Phinigel, and was like this is taking forever!!! The experience drag is a major turn off for me. Even if they adjust it by 5% in the long run, I think Ragefire will out last Phinigel. Players want to box within reason, and they don't want hell levels. Also, I just started thinking that future alts would be a major pain to level up. Plus, I am really attached to my characters on Ragefire. You should come and group with me on Ragefire sometime, you are probably still ahead of me on Jain, lol.
  14. Constellation Augur

Send me a tell if you need anything. I have a lot of tradeskill gear I can give you if you need it.
  15. Semah Augur

Same goes here. I'm not wealthy but I have some decent gear muled. Happy to help new or returning RF players. A month pre-Velious is pretty much an ideal amount of time to level up and hit the ground (snow?) running.
  16. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

While I am not in the loop on the exact numbers of the XP increase, I do remember the post referencing a "noticeable" difference in experience gain. My guess is that it will be along the lines of what we had during double XP weekends. About 60% of current XP rates of Ragefire/Lockjaw.

That being said, I am not sure where you got your 5% number from, as that kind of increase would surely not be noticeable. Even if that were the case though, I still don't see Ragefire outlasting Phinigel, for the reason that Jain has stated, among others. Also, I dont know where you got hell levels from, as those have not existed on any server (except p99) for years and years.

I really hope that things go well for everyone invested in Ragefire and Lockjaw, but the very nature of those servers (6 month unlocks, a voting system prone to griefing, no raid instancing, a flawed economy due to box armies) is a direct detriment to their continued survival.
  17. Constellation Augur

I have a level 100 Priest on WOW - and that whole game is one big instance, and you really have to go out of your way to interact with other players. EQ is such a different game, and that is a big draw for me. From my understanding EQ started fading off in population when they started adding instancing in Gates of Discord.I think the instancing/3 month idea is nice until you get to PoP and then it is really over in my mind. My goal has always been to enjoy classic through Luclin and maybe PoP. Either way it is speculation on both ends.:p

Happy Trails
  18. Constellation Augur

The EXP on Phinigel is hell, not sure how to correlate that differently for you. Your 60% is a guess, just like my 5%. On WOW everyone is the same, on Phinigel everyone is the same. I have always enjoyed competition, as in I am a very competitive person. A PUG has access to the same content as the so called "number one guild", that's boring to me.
  19. Semah Augur

A lot of us are tied to Ragefire for various reasons, and are either willing to wait out the early expansions or just take breaks between them. The downsides of the moment---inter-guild politics, the occasional box army, scarcity of targets, etc.--- aren't enough to chase us away. We'd like instancing, sure, but we don't need it. We're trusting what we already know: that around Luclin it becomes possible for multiple tiers of raid guild to be successful. Add AAs to incentivize more grouping, and you have a richer game.

Also, expansion unlocks accelerate after PoP. That's great for those of us who are in for the long haul, and came back specifically to see later content we missed rather than wanting to wallow in pre-instance nostalgia. Bring on the GoD era. Bring on DoN. We're waiting.
  20. Hotix Lorekeeper

Returning player here Trainz the monk coming back. LF friends to play with. My monk is low 40s and would love to have some people to exp with. In downloading the game now while I gym and grocery shop. Shoot me a tell in game if you wanna kill things.