A new Ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Constellation, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Constellation Augur

Around 100+ people in my guild quit in August of 2015, and we all really had the same complaints. The massive bot guilds fighting to get onto the rotation, the massive bot groups trying to take over the Planes of hate and fear. The point of this post is not about the past BS we had to put up with on Ragefire. But to point out that Ragefire is basically a new server now. If you quit before the release of Kunark now would be a good time to come back and try out the new Ragefire. The vote for the release of Velious is due at the beginning of March, and the release is toward the end of March. That leaves you with plenty of time to catch up, and maybe level some alts too. The server is really causal now.

*Notes of why it is different:

1.Twisted Legacy is gone
    2.Major botters are gone
    3.The server isn’t over crowded now.
  2. Drexll Augur

This is true. It seems that all the.. problem children moved to LJ.
  3. Darkkist New Member

This is very true

Twisted Legacy has gone and now been replaced by another guild ...

Botters have declined which I would probably take although this is one reason the market has died down a bit..

The server isn't overcrowded - in fact good luck getting a group.

The above is a tad harsh on point one multiple guilds are getting kills and Velious should help spread the raid guilds out a bit more.
  4. Moranis Augur

I like ragefire presently, myself. If you can't consistently find a group, join a guild. There's plenty of group / light raiding guilds that are grouping all the time. Most groups are 40+ however.

As far as botters, I've noticed 2-3 really prevalent ones that just hang out in BW, suspiciously close to where the named wurms tend to spawn...
  5. Varisath Elder

<Darkwind> takes the lion's share of the raid bosses now. It really is no different than when TL had a stranglehold. The actual difference is, the crybabies all left Ragefire so the server is very peaceful. Notice there is no Ragefire drama on the forums over Trakanon/VP even though DW kills Trak and VP about 99% of the time?
  6. Moranis Augur

Well, they must not need the loot much anymore because there's always Trak BPs for sale on RF for the low-low price of 10-20 krono!
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ahh the joys of watching a sinking ship on it's way to the bottom....
  8. Varisath Elder

It must eat away inside you every day knowing that Ragefire is healthy and thriving.
    Constellation likes this.
  9. TLPZor New Member

You also play on phinny, a corrupted EQ server that isn't anywhere close to the classic EQ experience of random spawns. Lol. Ragefire is the best server out there by far, doesn't hold your hand.

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. (AKA, Ragefire, Go to phinny!)

Phinny will be dead far sooner than RF :) Mark my words.
    Constellation and Varisath like this.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Pretty much this. Pickup grouping there is really really on the decline from what I've experienced. Ton of bad apples left for LJ and then Phini when they could, but a lot of others players did too,so finding PUGs is often like pulling teeth.
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Don't worry I trust you.... it's a great server.

I also trust another "new member" coming to the "save the titanic party"
    Let's hope that next vote on RJ passes for the sake of all those bots an boxers.
    Kcooler likes this.
  12. Varisath Elder

Good ol' oldkracow in denial. You're so mad that Ragefire is still rockin' and rollin' that you waste krono to try to block a vote and it's comical. Rumor is going around that there is going to be a massive influx of players transferring over from Lockjaw. That's gonna be a lot of extra "Yes" votes :D
  13. Batbener Augur

Actually, all the problem children moved to Phinny and are making kronos hand over fist. All these new "raiders" need to gear up their "raid" toons somehow, and it sure as hell isn't by putting effort into the game. Ragefire is actually quite fun. Legit races to raid targets, and as far as I can tell, there are at least 5 or 6 raid guilds, maybe more. There is still an active economy, though the population is a little bit lower than maybe I would like. Hopefully more people realize just how strong the server is, or more likely, we will get a bump when Velious hits. With the way they do AAs now, there really is never a time that you can't catch up.
    Drexll and Varisath like this.
  14. TarewMarrForever Augur

Somebody clearly fails to account for just how many former RF players on Phinny will log into RF and vote "No"... ;-)
  15. Amor Augur

The people that do this for revenge or the sole purpose of being negative are truly the saddest players playing this game. If you fall into that category you want to reevaluate yourself. You actually lower yourself to whoever you deemed wronged you.

Edit - I am not referring to you. I'm referring to that thought process and by no means suggest you are in that category.
    Zuleyin likes this.
  16. DaedorAlive Elder

This is pure comedy gold considering RF recently acquired a whole guild of (former) LJ cry babies.
  17. Varisath Elder

The funny part to me is most of the people that want Ragefire to die are mad at Twisted Legacy for conquering the server, but those same people are playing on Phinigel now with most of those TL people - yet they still want to try to screw Ragefire over lol.

Like, you're blaming an entire server of people for your shortcomings because you're mad at one group of people who are no longer there.

Doesn't matter anyway. DBG is working on TLP Velious right now because I think even they know it's inevitable - Velious is right around the corner for RF and not even oldkracow's krono-funded anger vote is going to stop it :D
  18. Storytimebros Elder

The faster RF and LJ die out the faster we can all get back on the same server again instead of 3 at once doing the same content. You wanted a voting server with longer unlocks, now you can suffer those consequences of the no votes. Nowhere does it say that anyone has to be actively playing on the server to vote. The krono machine on top must be fed nom nom nom.
  19. Constellation Augur

The population of Ragefire is great and this is coming from a returning player. I easily made 50-55 with real players, non-bots, non-boxes. Also, went to KC last night to camp my piece for my epic and ended up in a full group and got the piece I needed in a reasonable time. After that I was kiting around in Skyshrine trying to find the PH for another piece of my epic and a druid/cleric stopped and healed, and buffed me. The server is a lot more relaxed now and is night and day in comparison to what it was before.

I kind of know the top guilds on Ragefire now. Darkwind is getting a lot of kills, but to compare them to Twisted Legacy is far from reality. Nothing against Darkwind at all but TL is/was probably one of the most organized guilds that a rival guild could ever face. We did get into it a lot over the rotation, but for the most part they just had great players. ex: Jain, First, Skyp, Frenzic. Love them or hate them, but you're not going to beat them.
  20. Constellation Augur

You seem really disgruntled about something. :p:rolleyes:

Since returning last weekend (and the majority of the people I played with quit), I have had no trouble getting a group.

I believe it's the fact that 10 guilds are no longer trying to kill the same four targets.

Disgruntled :p:rolleyes:

I am sure you will get this over on DBG's, but face it winter is coming! aka Velious (See what I did there?) :)