A Message from Holly “Windstalker” Longdale

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Mar 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirthe Journeyman

Best wishes on your new adventure Holly, and thank you for everything you've done for the game!
    PCSS likes this.
  2. Bronk Elder

Sooo.... what new opportunity did EQ open up for her?
    Links to articles ....?
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

Good luck and may your new opportunity treat you well.
  4. Captain Video Augur

Waiting to see a new NPC in PoK named Windstalker who will explain how Overseers work.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. FL!P Augur

Life takes you unexpected places, but love always brings you home. I wish you luck Holly in anything you do, and look forward to seeing you in game.

I know I have griped about many a thing here, but this world is where I grew up. It has always been my sanctuary. From researching everquest via softback guides in school, instead of actually doing class work, and just counting the minutes till I could get home log in and pray the phone doesn't ring and knock me off. To surviving the invasion and the multiple deployments that followed. This game has always been my refuge, and oddly enough, the old intro music was one of the few things that would bring me peace during a storm of PTSD.
    I know you will probably never see this, but you helped create the lighthouse I needed in my darkest hour. You will never know how many lives you have changed, inspired, or saved, but I assure you at least one.

Skál.

FL!P
    Brilhasti, Ovidius and PCSS like this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Good luck Holly!!!

P.S. Can I have your stuff?
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

I already went through it. Cool stuff there. :)
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Zandez Lorekeeper

Few recent changes taking place in a short amount of time, one could only think EQ future is?
  9. Lilura Augur

So I guess we won't be getting that promised new advanced looting interface?
  10. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Sorry to see you go Holly but everyone understands bigger and better opportunities should never be passed up. Thank you for all that you have done for the Everquest franchise and I wish you all the best in wherever you are going.
  11. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

It means she has been offered a job someplace that is a big step for her and would not have happened if not for EQ, the players who supported her and the Devs to help her learn her job.
    dreamweaver and code-zero like this.
  12. IblisTheMage Augur

Hi Holly,

You are leaving EQ and EQ2 extremely well positioned for the future, an obvious huge success and merit for you, especially given the very challenging conditions for the franchise over the years.

Bravo! :)

As a player since feb 2000, thank you for everything, and best of luck in the future.

I look forward to follow your career.
  13. Tucoh Augur

Thanks for all the hard work. Good luck in your future.
  14. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

15. lancelove Augur

Woman! Love you! If I could squeeze you right now I would! Good luck! :)
  16. Iven the Lunatic

GL at Visionary Realms, Holly ! ;)
    Engage !
  17. Dexxeaa00 Elder

Thank you for everything ! Hope your journey is filled with joy ! Have fun and good luck !

This year is pact crammed with change everywhere.

Hope Chan the best of luck and wishes also.
    Hope to see EverQuest thrive the rest of my lifetime and beyond.
  18. Catmandew New Member

we will miss you Love
  19. rayann562 New Member

first of all congrats! 2nd ive just heard they are nerfing monks? can anyone elaborate? Maybe the new person could?
  20. Supafro New Member

Shes moving to the dark side, Blizzard. Good luck Holly!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.