A live server expansion FOR EVERYONE?? Wishful thinking...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hein, Jul 18, 2019.

1. hein Augur

This will never happen, but I wish it would. Release a new expansion, that includes content for all levels. Give people a reason to return to live and the game in general who don't want to mess with the same old rinsed and repeated TLP servers. I haven't purchased an expansion in years, but if there was one that I could start fresh in or that started around level 20, I would purchases it for both my characters and return to FV.

surely, I'm not the only one.
  2. AcemoneyFV Augur

Request denied.
  3. hein Augur

One more fantasy, you release EQ classic, and then create a new expansion for it instead of re-releasing old expansions. Call it EQ Classic Plus. A completely new level 50-60 experience. This would make so much money. Again tho, requires, work, development, thought... Things companies don't want to put into games anymore. They prefer the cookie cutter, copy and paste route. Ok, end of thoughts. Maybe I'm the only one after all.... /shrug
    Duder and Coas like this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

You are not the only one. There is probably 8 others just like you with the same thoughts and request.

Thankfully the developers are going to use their time to appeal to the thousands and thousands and thousands of the other players and create content for level 110 and higher...
  5. eqgamer Augur

Thousands and thousands and thousands? :)
  6. Sathayorn Augur

Thousands is the pluralized form of thousand, meaning more than one full thousand, by thousands and thousands and thousands, (s)he, at the very least believes no fewer than six thousand players are at endgame content and need more of it. This is accurate.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

The only way I see them doing this is if the zone is a different universe and all chars start at level 1. problem solved
  8. Axxius Augur

They don't have the resources for it anymore. I'm still amazed how they managed to do it back in 2006 (TSS), and in a 6-month expansion no less. But don't expect it to happen again.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Agreed. And it was still a point in the game where 1 to max level expansion had a lot of draw. I have to say it was one of my favorite expansions.
  10. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Any expansion like "The Serpents Spine" today would cost to much time, money and manpower. You are asking them to make 2-3 expansions worth of content in one release. The reward for doing that will be so low for Daybreak that it would never be able to justify the time, expense and hiring the extra manpower. Also adding a 1-120 fully loaded expansion would do nothing to increase the Subscription base or the over all player base past the first 1-2 months it was out.

p.s. The only way this idea would be feasible is if the content was only available to paid subscriptions, which wont happen.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Here's what I would like:

Rebuild EQ's engine from the ground up using the best of each EQ game (EQ1, EQ1, EQN). Release it as a new game called War for Norrath, or Norrath's Hope, or something.

Sunset EQ and EQ2, but make it an EVENT. Create a zone called The Final Battle, containing the most epic encounter ever seen (Sleeper 2.0?). Everyone online gets ported to that zone for level appropriate content (lower levels battle Protectors in a segmented room or something). The server has a week to beat every raid mob in the game. Whomever participates gets the option to have their character re-created in Norrath with bonus loot, XP, their character's name, etc in the new game, commensurate with their level and achievement scores.

We leave EverQuest behind and start anew.

All gold accounts get early access. Lifetime subscriptions are honored (still have to buy the game). Those who participated in the final event from EQ1 and 2 are granted special treatment (faction) in the new world. Those who actually help beat the final event are legends in the new game. Special armor and weapon quests only available to them. They are heralded across Norrath. When they enter a room with royalty, royalty bows or kneels to THEM. They are granted special plots in any city they choose. They are the Heroes of Norrath.

Okay, so my imagination got away from me. But think about it. Would you rather EQ wane into insignificance? Or go out in a blaze of glory, setting up for Norrath's next run?
  12. northstar Augur

They did this with Serpents spine probably one of the best expansions since luclin, loved that expansion! in all honesty I love the idea. make more zones for everyone one and not just max level elites I might even gain interest in playing something past lvl 60...

EDIT: What people and gaming company's need to realize is that as a gamer we have changed from "consumers" to "Investors" we invest our precious "time" and money into games for long expanses of our lives I mean look at this one that is now over 20 years old.... that is a hell of an achievement but if it wants to keep on ticking it cant stay in the same old retail box it came in. it needs to grow, if it doesn't grow and think outside its retail box, this game sad to say is as a good as dead.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not only this but there is a lot of existing content for lower levels that still can be used.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would be willing to bet a lot of people move on to other games/retire from online gaming if EQ goes down as I am guessing there are a lot of raiders who are in it for the friends they have met along the way that don't want to start from scratch again.
    Gundolin and tyrantula like this.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I know. I am among them. But I know we can't ride this gravy train forever.
  16. northstar Augur

it wouldn't surprise me within the next five years we could with current technology and the claims of living forever are within grasp..

As for the game itself it would be nice if we seen a gaming company actually put its players in the same equivalent bracket as the investors in this games bottom line. after all we do invest a "Lifetime" of time and money towards a game that earns them a living. In the return case of our "investment" of services received the pure entertainment Value is enough, however QoL changes happen in every game they have to stay relevant to the times. In the case of wanting a expansion for Everyone is in essence a return in the gamers investment. In other words it should be welcomed to have new content for everyone as well still have older viable content that we can all enjoy at some point we decide too.

I see it as a win for not only the company but also its players.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

I think the closes thing we could hope for would be via instancing like HA's. Have them scale starting at level 1 not 75 and add several of them. Place the quest NPC in safe places so low levels can zone in and do them without getting one rounded. Just add defiant gear for the early levels or even some of the old world raid loot which is already created so nothing new to make.

In terms of actual zones that is not really ideal and honestly there are hundreds of low-mid level zones to already choose from. Realistically even if they did a scaling HA system starting with level one the number of players who are low level and buy it for this reason would probably be marginal at best. I just don't see there being high returns on the time invested at this stage in lower level content.
  18. northstar Augur

So let me see if I get this right...

you are saying more zones for a handful of higher levels is more profitable for them. then say more zones for any level? that is what you are saying correct??

I would hands down buy a high end I.E collectors edition $139 USD expansion for this game if it meant I could level from 1-120 or what ever cap would be than waist my cash on some expansion I will never play...

Edit: here is the facts and it is simple. people who try this game for the first time and yes their are many once leaving the tutorial feel lost, and when "Most" ask for help in what ever chat Chanel is available are either met with silence, or ridicule. seen it time and time again... it is a sad state. and frankly it needs to change.
  19. Warpeace Augur

Premium edition is already $139.99 and we get a hand full of zones/content. Why would they bother with limited staff to do what your asking? For the amount of content we currently receive per expansion your probably asking for 3x the work for the same cost. If they up the cost to match the volume of content the question becomes how many would turn their back on the franchise and either skip the purchase or take their money elsewhere?

They can just roll out another TLP with little to no effort and profit.
  20. northstar Augur

and why are you paying $139 for a premium expansion then when you can get full premium expansions in other games for $29USD no lie go to origin that is the cost of their SWTOR premium expansion, includes 1050 coins 500 a month no clicking the dang thing. a mount a pet. also you get TWO months of subscription time.

why am I talking about this on these forums? because currently my companions (Mercs) are Crafting for me...

So maybe this is not solely directed at the community ok? it is the only place the Dev's can see that other choices better choices do EXIST. that is why people are not paying for this game and you are seeing ghost town servers....