A little confused about TLP servers now.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vitali, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Vitali New Member

Hello! Like all of you I have started playing on the TLP servers for nostalgia and all in all addiction to good ole EQ. I read the articles about server transfers between Lockjaw and Ragefire posted recently, but I am confused. I am led to believe both servers have the exact same rule set and expansion release schedule. Is this not true anymore? I haven't seen any official word yet, however I may have missed something.
    Are these server transfers a reflection of recent changes to rules? Is Ragefire now releasing expansion sooner than the initially agreed upon 6mo + vote system? Is Lockjaw now sticking stricting to a 6 month schedule with no possible early release?
    Personally I would like to stick with the 6 month + vote release of each expansion. Already having Kunark looming overhead makes me feel like I am being rushed to be 50 and get ready for the expansion. I am 27 years old, have a daughter and wife, and a full time job. I am what would be considered a casual I s'pose. I have played EQ since 2000/1~ and love the classic expansion, but im not trying to rush through them.

So back to my original concern. Is Ragefire officially going to be releasing expansions faster than the 6 month schedule, and Lockjaw sticking firm to it? If anyone has some information I would certainly appreciate it. Thank you kindly

-Luccian
  2. Korillo Augur

3. Vitali New Member

Thank you for the link
  4. Weverley Augur

It should be mentioned that if you are not happy with the servers you are on that there's gonna be free transfers between the 2 from july 30th to august 10th.
    Vitali likes this.
  5. Vitali New Member

I saw the window of time for free transfers, I think I will transfer to Lockjaw honestly. Im not trying to speed through expansions.
  6. Porygon Augur

There has been no evidence to support the thought that ragefire will continue on down a 3 month progression cycle. Kunark is so far the inky accelerated expansion opening. With the option of transfers from lockjaw to ragefire in the future....there's no harm or risk in giving lockjaw a chance. When the server begins to die out, you can always jump ship.
  7. Rhodz Augur

Pick whichever one looks best for the next month and year. Anyone making plans on longer time scale are kidding themselves the way this bunch is going.