A HUGE mistake

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Danille, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Ruhtra Lorekeeper

So the named was designed for two groups. The trash around the place holders can be handled by 1 group. So do you have group 2 come in when the named spawns? or just have them sit idle or alternate kills?

I'm not against the whole idea of these types of named.
  2. Stickietoes Augur

Don't need 2 groups. I guess it was just the difficulty that needs 2.
  3. Gnomeland Augur

Yet another slap in the face for pet users... EM 14 earring on a two group mob.

Besides that, I don't see why devs think +60 hp/mana is enough to entice people to bring two groups to camp these mobs. What happened to risk vs. reward? The gear upgrades in T3 are atrocious...
    Sinestra likes this.
  4. CaptAmazing Augur

With two groups, how does Hunter Achievement work? Does it count for both if you form a raid? Or do you need kill it twice and make sure the other group doesn't KS?
  5. Nenton Augur

Ear Pendant of the Pauper
    MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE PRESTIGE
    Slot: EAR
    Charges: Unlimited
    AC: 91
    STR: +24+8 DEX: +23+8 STA: +26+8 CHA: +23+7 WIS: +20+9 INT: +23+9 AGI: +26+8 HP: +2181 MANA: +2225 ENDUR: +2170
    Focus: Enhanced Minion XIII

Glorig's Gold Earring
    MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE PRESTIGE
    Slot: EAR
    Charges: Unlimited
    AC: 93
    STR: +24+8 DEX: +23+8 STA: +26+9 CHA: +23+8 WIS: +20+9 INT: +23+9 AGI: +26+9 HP: +2237 MANA: +2281 ENDUR: +2225
    Focus: Enhanced Minion XIV

56 hp/mana. I think they meant to say unusually challenging and usually unrewarding. From the reports, this guy doesn't seem overly challenging though. Just a lot of hit points. It's the ridiculous adds/AE ones which multiple groups of raid geared players are wiping to.

I think when everyone read "unusually rewarding" they expected better than that tier's gear due to the risk. Not 2 garbage RoF T3 drops.
  6. Falos Augur

Yet the only people that can kill the undefeated blade are people that don't need his gear because they are in raid gear.

He could drop 1 million pieces of group gear but unless he starts dropping gear equal to the stats of evolving group gear he isnt worth the trouble since only raiders can realistically kill him. Honestly there are 3 mobs in this zone that should be re-evaluated. 2 of which are doable by groupers but are very rough and one (the undefeated blade) whom most likely is not doable by groupers.

The adds from these encounters need to be CCable and the spells cast by some of these mobs need to not be so brutal as to one shot or nearly one shot mercs and group geared players.
    Sinestra and silku like this.
  7. Falos Augur

Then they need to be removed from hunter achievements or code needs to be changed to allow a people in a"raid"... or everyone on a mobs hate list to recieve hunter credit.
  8. Chandrok Augur

This is a valid point. We'll see what we can do about making sure participating players get hunter credit.
  9. krozman Augur

Have you also considered the Undefeated Blade event? I have trouble solo camping that PH in hopes of getting the named to spawn because it's just horribly boring. If it's a ring event that spawns randomly on the death of a PH, theres no way i'm going to "camp" this with 12 people where theres 3 mobs within pulling range every 14 min.
  10. Conjurous_AB Elder

Your kinda lucky, the pet focus one can be done by a grp, pull him, slow him, dps till he goes immune to spells, spam him with pets and melee then back to spells once he allows u, long fight though i found.

Other 2, look very tough and the caster shield and caster 2hb are on them only as well. Can probably forget about getting them at all for any of my toons.

At least make the items on them drop somewhere doable for a regular grp that would want them.
  11. WDWolf Journeyman

When he goes immune, he becomes a belly caster, can still nuke him just move in. Then move back out.
  12. Braveheart Augur

A lot of players did ask for mini-raid or events. Well there we go. Personally I like the idea.
  13. Ronak Augur

How about putting the augs from the missions on these mobs? At least on these mobs you can give away the rot gear to actual, real players, where as in the locking missions you are forced to just rot it. The best solution would be group currency, for the same exact reasons that raid currency was added. That's a lot more work though. This solution would be much more simple.
    Elricvonclief, silku and Braveheart like this.
  14. Falos Augur

I'd like it too if I had raid gear and didn't have to deal with swarms of mobs that ignore my pet and charge my group geared mage destroying me in seconds, or having to deal with mercs getting nearly obliterated in 1-2 shots because the mob turned and changed directions during the chaos briefly.

I think there are better ways for these mobs to be made 2 group encounters for actual groupers without putting in anti merc ae's that happen to hit a merc that is running around in one their unpredictable fashions, or putting in adds that don't allow for any *traditional/ basic* forms of CC. The bosses 25 million hp + his 20 melee/spell blocker proc's are enough as is to put group geared players mana bars through quite a workout.
    silku likes this.
  15. Sinestra Augur

Mini-raids and events should probably be instanced and should be rewarding. Why do them unless the gear is worth the effort?
    Daedly and silku like this.
  16. Xequecal Journeyman

Glorig the Underdog is easily one-groupable. If he didn't go belly caster at 80% HP, I could solo him. BST/Ranger can easily duo him, Ranger DPSes and BST heals pet. It will take 15 minutes to work through his HP but he dies all the same.

For a standard group, the only hard part is finding a good real tank, as most of them have abandoned the group game. Mercs can't handle him and belly caster means you can't use a pet tank, nobody would be able to DPS.

Also, if breaking his camp seems hard to you, it actually isn't. His placeholders (a defeated gladiator) are both fully-slowable and not social with any other mobs in the zone. You can just send a pet in there to pull the PHs out singly.
  17. Falos Augur

Yeah I think they mixed up glorig with the successful mistwielder cause the mistwielder named is much harder. I'd say the successful mistwielder is a tossup for being 2nd hardest or third hardest named mob in the expansion. I'm glad the mistwielder dropped the range aug the first time we killed it cause I can't imagine wanting to farm him for more than one kill.
  18. Gnomeland Augur

Still doesn't answer why these mobs are so difficult while dropping the same +60 hp/mana upgrades. Yesterday I watched two groups wipe repeatedly to A HUGE Mistake. Today the mob is still up and I don't think he's going to get killed.

But yea, sad that they put the EM 14 earring on a belly caster. After the pet nerfs this is just an extra kick.
    Marton, Sinestra and silku like this.
  19. Marton Augur

Missions in HoT gave currency (not to mention nice exp :) - before 'adjustment') . Perhaps it would be good idea to revisit this concept and add currency to RoF missions.
  20. silku Augur

eh, at the moment when we spawn one of them we just pull around it and don't bother. It's not worth the effort for the gear. It's hard enough sometimes to fill one group, let alone two. I'm sure raiding guilds have no problem getting 12 people together to down a mob, but then again they don't need the gear.. just their alts.
    Sinestra likes this.