A few simple QoL changes EQ housing desperately needs to be modernized

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vizier, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Vizier Augur

-Let us bind in guild halls, all housing and housing areas.
    -Add doorways or portal clickies players can place in the GH that will port friends or whoever we allow to that players personal home
    -Add the GH npcs to the home, or at very least the teleportation assistant
    -Let us name and fully customize our npcs and our pets and familiars we place in GH and housing

Doing the above would make it very easy for players to share their homes with guildies. Letting us teleport to modern content directly out of our homes via the teleportation assistant would give players a reason to put an anchor in their homes and use their homes as a base of sorts. Lettings players bind themselves in our GH is LONNNNNG overdue as well.

Current implementation of player housing is empty and pointless. The above simple changes would give it meaning without adding any assets to the game. Thoguhts?

EDIT: I realllllly wanted to add boxes we can place in homes to store items, but I feel like DBG would see a move like that as a threat to their bags they sell in market place. Simple solution: DBG sells the boxes from the marketplace :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

3. Buri Augur

Honestly, the only use I've found for housing is a place to hang my old weapons and mod rods which I don't need. Other than that, it's pretty useless.
  4. Frostpaw New Member

the reason the gh's are unbindable is because they're instanced. Your char would bind to a non-existing zone

Everything else I can agree with.
    Yinla and Pirlo like this.
  5. Phancy Elder

Just getting familiar tags off placed critters would be a good start.

I love housing and really miss having contests to see what people are doing on other servers.

We have a guild tradeskill area. Being able to buy actual tailoring vendors, etc. to place at various locations would be a huge plus.

The ability to purchase expansion houses from previous expansions is something a lot of players would appreciate since you do not need to be concerned about escrow. This could easily be done through Marketplace. As someone who tries to oversee 4 villages, it would be nice if officers or guild leaders could send homes intact to a retirement village when people no longer play.

Phency and Phanciful have 6 decorated homes.
  6. smash Augur

You cannot bind yourself in any instances.

About doors from 1 person to another person, that Means they gotta develop something new that dont exist.

Your idea about simple, is not simple, but complex.

Then for Phancy and putting TS vendors there, I guess it is rather ressource demanding having the vendors loaded with all their goods on, just think about the vendors in PoK, which are loaded when zone loads, that would need to be done whenever your house is loaded, and ben kept in memory until the house is dested as an object.
  7. Vizier Augur

It's 2018 - figure out a way to let us bind in guild halls. IDC how hard it is.
  8. Frostpaw New Member

LOL gl with 1998 code
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Wow. That's really real, isn't it?
  10. Phancy Elder

There are already vendors in all housing zones. I would just like to be able to buy the correct vendors to put in the yards.