A fair way to limit botting without punishing boxers.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Baulkin, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baulkin Augur

Below are some steps that could be implemented to cut down on "Botting". Please note this is not designed to target Boxers.

1. Implement a command similar to /report in which a player can highlight another and report them for suspected Botting.
    2. The command would then check and see if multiple accounts are logged into the targeted accounts IP. If that is the case it would move forward.
    3. A captcha would then appear on the targeted players screen for 5 minutes. An audible alarm would play on the players machine as well. If the captcha is filled out, the players account is flagged for 24 hours. Further reports in that time would be ignored. If the player does not respond, the account is Suspended for 1 day.
    4. A cooldown of 60 seconds for the command would prevent spamming an entire group at once.

The above process would have the below benefits.

1. Would limit botters without punishing boxers
    2. Would provide an automated community enforcement option that limits the amount of petitions DBG has to process.
    3. Allows players who are legitimately boxing to go about their business without the fear of a random ban.

Thoughts? I'm trying to offer a suggestion that is fair to all parties..instead of posting a rant/flame.
    O_Castitatis_Lilium likes this.
  2. O_Castitatis_Lilium Lorekeeper

I would agree. I mean, I don't like boxing, when it's done on some stupidly massive scale, like six or more. If you want one or two, that's fine, but to have more than that is just cheating in my opinion. I think this would be a good idea really.
  3. jordune Augur

4. Valkerine Augur

I struggle with captchas. Them are illegible sometimes.
  5. jordune Augur

what if your soloing and your afk and somebody does this to you.
    your suspended for a day
  6. Baphamet Elder

1. kiss my

2. mind your own business

3. realize what the rules are of this server.

4. go play on p99 if you don't like said rules.

5. profit
  7. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

What happened with that guy that claimed he was banned for using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] (he was suspended, and not for that) is how it should play out. Investigating GM would send tells to his obvious boxes. If the guy can't be bothered to set up audio triggers for tells, then he deserves to get suspended. More than one suspension for the same in a reasonable amount of time gets all accounts on that IP banned.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.