A Council Divided

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stickietoes, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Stickietoes Augur

So I was doing the FoS raid(s) to farm the sokokar mount for my friends...
    We were working on "A Council Divided" where you need to bring the 4 "bad" mobs down within 1 minute, well, that's what zam says, so we did it in 30 seconds, turns out... its 5 seconds.

Seems rather impossible to do with a group of levels 100's. With riposting Finishing Blow, and unpredictable nukes to kill 4 mobs with 6 million HP in less than 5 seconds.

I figured it was all a bug, so I petitioned. Thanks for the quick response :)

I came online to try to talk to about this but you weren't online unfortunately which is why I am sending you my response and further questions through e-mail. I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to defeat the raid A Council Divided. Regrettably there are no issues with this raid event, and if you are having issues burning these NPCs down within the time limit(which may be less then one minute) you may want to bring more players into the raid.

We had no problem burning them, they died quite fast, it's just annoying when your mob is immune to root, so we can't even punt them back at 10%.

So, back to the story... anyone else try this lately?. Or are we screwed at level 100, again?.
  2. sojero One hit wonder

You would need to bring in a tank that can get agro and no damage tank them all at 5% or so, then kill them all at once. This is similar to the soltaris raid issue.
  3. Pwnography Augur

These issues are a pain with damage scaling, but sojero is right. Your tank needs to turtle up with a no-damage primary. Also, one easy method is to hsve him simply duck. It has zero impact on mitigation - there is no downside as a Warrior at least. As far as damage, do it slowly. Boot up era spells, or an easier solution is send in a melee with only their offhand or something. Pop out a low damage item.

The point is, its easily doable - it just takes a tiny bit of creativity on your part.
  4. Stickietoes Augur

Yeah, will do it that way. No idea why I didn't think about it >.>, must have been the anger, heh.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

Basically what PWNZ said, thats what I did when i soloed this.

Its alot like doing Balreth in Solteris at 100, or the one LDON raid in Everfrost with the 4 red skeletons. Non Dam primary is basically money, use older leveled spells if you need to reduce your chances of 1shot lolwastetime.
  6. Vlerg Augur

wizard + ranger auspice ( or enchanter IoG, or bard stuff... anything to get the wizard to 100% crit).

group the 4 bad mob together, bring hem down to ~30%.. or wathever you feel comfortable.

wizard pop improved twincast, prolonged destruction, the whole burn thing... 100% crit rate, 100% twincast, use AoE... beam - forceful rejuv - beam at 5% to finish hem off within ~1.5 seconds.
  7. Ravengloome Augur

Or Just hit prolonged so you dont have to drag people along.
  8. Rainbowdash Augur

I did it with a few people at 100 not too long ago but we were casters. easy to drop to low hp then rain/AE.
  9. Bamkan Augur

As you've already worked out Finishing Blow is not your friend on this event. You need to switch out to non-damage primary prior at about 15% and then get the 4 baddies to 5%. Then you can AE them down.
    If you kill 1 while the others are above 5%, then it will just respawn.

I ended up using a pet on the 4 baddies and offtanked the 4 goodies. That worked a lot better for me.
  10. Eteract Journeyman

Maybe useless info at this point but tonight I was able to finally solve this (4 L115, 1L110, 1L111).

Get the four *bad* mobs down to 10% or less each and then kill them off. My group did this and there was no 5-10 second window. By log it was 18 seconds from the first bad mob getting killed until the fourth one was killed and we won the event. We had failed numerous times prior trying to burn up the bad mobs without regard to hp balancing etc.