A bit of hope (not EQ-related).

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by IblisTheMage, May 15, 2020.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

Hi all,

I just wanted to share some good local news, after so many weeks of sad Covid-19 news:

Today was the first day with no Covid-19 related deaths in Denmark.

Denmark is a tiny country, with about 5.7 million people, which must be taken into account. We where hit quite early, when many hundreds of carriers came home from vacations in southern europe at the beginning of the year, “jumpstarting” the spread.

It was a tough journey, but with everyone at their best behavior, and lots of testing and tracking, we have the contagion factor R down to 0.7, noww, even after we opened up quite a bit.

I was at the office today, and went to the hairdresser to get my hair cut. It was a bit surreal.

We are still being careful, but so far it seems as we can return to the new normal.

Must businesses are now allowed to open (not stadiums, concert halls, malls, etc).

The hit on the economy is massive, and we will be paying off the help packages for businesses for many years, not to mention the global recession. But that part is ok. It is like birthdays, it beats the alternative.

I know most of you are still in the midst of it, I just wanted to bring a bit of hope and best wishes, and say that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Stay safe

/hug eqcommunity
    Yinla and Eaiana like this.
  2. Zolav Augur

Right on man, appreciate the positive vibe :)
    IblisTheMage likes this.