A bard's inner feelings toward the changes in the last patch

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Brexa, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Brexa New Member

Usually I play the game for fun , and am content with the content, some of the times there may be a limerick or poem as an endearing entertainment- for all of you. Nope, not this time. No more free rhymes. I'm upset at the last patch, here everybody- Look at these changes in this batch... no...(reads more) NO!!!

This is how I'm feeling: Angry. SUPER ANGRY. I hate it. I hate whoever decided to make the actual change, I hate whoever complained it was overpowered, now here comes the rage. Stop listening to that guy whoever it is. Its probably a person in need of an eq quiz. Hating whoever makes this game now, even though I'm trying my best not to have a cow. I don't want want to fund this project anymore, my monies are better off towards a store. This game sucks when this crap goes down, now every bard in town has a frown...
    Bard is truly the only real skill class (SKs are super overpowered) that can mass slay, if they can't- it makes EVERYBODY sad by the end of the day. Now they can't, so here's the rant!. Even if they tried their best, the next days are nowhere as good as the rest. Thanks Daybreak games...for making me grit my teeth, a dumb change just to make the strong weak. WEAK! Just put the same cookie cutter gear on a different class, that has been bolstered and pampered to behave like an - to maintain their slay rate, but not other classes like bard, no, no, no. Can't you see when favoritism shows? A class that not many people can play or want to play, nor understand that it is a game at the end of the day. Being put into a state like this....What about other tank classes that mass slay? again? Maybe I should make them my friend.

-Change vainglorious shout back to unlimited targets. Repeat over and over until you understand.

You're interfering with my class' survival, and I do not appreciate any of it.

Who's idea was this? ?!

Take away twincast & melee damage from bards. Have the bard player base fall down like a house of cards!! Make dichotomic psalm suck eggs, and spit out the yoke. Don't forget to make fade a complete joke!! Don't refund power for having to quest 6 ranks of it. LIMIT THE TARGET OF MOBS THE VAINGLORIOUS SHOUT HAS TO SIX NOW ITS COMPLETE S#$%@#$. WHAT THE #!#$%@#$^. I thought- MORE BANG for my buck... Is it because I have run out of luck????? And its stun component doesn't even work, who did the change? Who IS THE JERK!? For monsters that take stun bane, this will not, cannot, and simply won't work. How embarrassing- for too long. Allow those bards to slowly get that crap back... yeah! That will hook em. We got em' in our sack.

/slow sarcastic clapping.

I ONLY play bard. Every other class I play is to support that main. Because it is hard, just more for me to gain.

Enough fun.

I can, and AM picking the next nerfs/buffs for every class. Enjoy it or not, here it comes. Every time a cleric heals, they get a 3 second stun, unless they turn around 180 degrees or more or run. Then their casts instant refreshes now the healer class can have fun!
    Warrior -has an ability that forces a crit, but now they always take a direct hit, do you think that'd ever force them quit?! YEAH THAT SOUNDS SO COOL.
    How about when Necromancers- cast a dot, it drains all of their mana they've got, and then they get a free tap brings back their mana! now they'll have a banana - YEAH YEAH KEEP GOING!!! OOOR ...
    how about when a Magician- sends in their pet? with low aggro the mage gets summoned in, maybe that will get under their 'skin'! GENIUS! ITS LIKE BLINK BUT ADDS A DS THAT FORCES THE MOB TO HIT THE MAGE.
    Or if a Ranger- gets a headshot, they turn into a wolf with 0 mana, but they go to melee they proc a bite that restores their form and mana, all from headshot (its all they've got) ! OMG HOW IS THIS GUY SO CREATIVE.
    Or how about when Berserkers- fight they get a counter for every 100k damage, if they exceed 2m damage in 1 second, they instantly die from too much damage! I still think they'll manage. YEAH YEAH OMG HES DOING ALL THE CLASSES!!!
    Shadowknights- get a new FD, there is no F, they actually just die! (no exp loss no corpse) NOW THEY'RE super USEFUL! NO NEED TO CRY!!!
    Enchanters - single target mez? 50% chance of death touching the enchanter or mob being dire charmed! That's what I want, the enchanter says. OMG YES.
    Wizards - damage is dependent on smarts, some spells do so much damage that it smarts, for fire they get a counter with burnt hands, it gets quelled off if a cold spell lands- to cool down to neutral, and reverse same goes, too cold? Gotta warm up- YEAH YEAH YEAH! Druids- Can forage an item that is a spell component that heals the entire zone when used. Like rain. If they eat the item, they get a hp/attack buff so they can go in and melee for good deepus. But its as rare as a morel mushroom. YOU KNOW DRUIDS AND THEIR FLUIDS!!! Monks- have to meditate for a random time between 30 seconds to 2 minutes to get an enlightened buff or they can't do melee stuff, if they meditate with enlightened buff they get transcendent buff after 3 to 5 minutes, then get a boost to melee dmg, now they can do stuff. This is how it feels folks. This is how it feels. Debunk the monk...
    Shamans create voodoo dolls, (so they can stop and look through walls) that take 50% hp and 50k mana, they have cure counters on them, and once cured, it DIs and full heals and cures the target the voodoo doll was for.
    Beastlords- can summon a gendered pet, this is the part I want you to REALLY get- the male is high hp and attack, the female is pretty much the same but procs mini swarm pets of itself that aren't lame. One takes more mana to cast, but I'm not deciding which, that debate will last. Don't make me decide, because I still can't pick. Most of the time gender arguments are about a @#Q$^. (Make this change so that the current pet is completely overhauled in a way beasts dislike.)
    Paladins- Give paladins a fire dot that does good damage, randomly hitting supercritical strikes on undead. Nothing negative happens when you use it either. Its also instant cast and doesn't cost mana. (Paladin buff, no nerf, they really really need it even though I know I don't play it.)
    Rogue - Backstabs while out of combat do significantly more points of damage, getting rid of frontal backstab, going quick while ripping off this nerfy scab. Did I forget anybody? Oh yeah!
    BARDS- Bard class gets a self target run speed, faster than all, giving them a reason to throw a ball (dance) all songs are affected by instruments types for extending the time, that way people will flip us bards a dime (give me a tip). Bard songs get a significant bonus if the bard is standing still while singing/playing. Their vainglorious shout not only has unlimited targets, but also works for stun banes, it cost the same endurance as boastful bellow. They also do the most DPS by only auto attacking and never die even if death touched.

How can I destroy the one thing you love about your class? Please, tell me.

Well, this was cathartic for me, as I know they will never revert or think something is wrong with gameplay when clearly there's so many overlooked imbalances they focus on the popular outrage or something. How about my unpopular outrage? I'm sure many can relate to my distress. Did anybody else go to the field and have a test? This game takes too much time, and too many fingerstrokes to play. Now killing stuff takes too much time, so, please, give me peace by the end of the day.
  2. Qulo New Member

We should start a new thread so everyone who is like me and quitting the game now can post in protest of the changes.
  3. kizant Augur

So, would my DPS go up while I'm 'smarting' from casting too many fire spells? If so would it be just for fire spells or for all spells? If I could find the right ratio of fire to cold to kind of balance the smarting at a level that I can survive while maximizing my DPS. I kinda like this idea.
  4. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

These must be October's patch notes released early! You're in our world now.
  5. Brohg Augur

[IMG]
    Sheex likes this.
  6. Chorus Augur

doesn't this pretty much mean the mudflation for gear this coming expansion is going to be obscene? They'll also introduce aa to reduce the costs again, because they couldn't think of anything actually useful to create and instead nerf an ability, so you can buy it back next expansion. They do this almost every other year with bards. Nothing new here.

However, I am going to be playing a new class when winter comes around anyway. I've played bard since release and I'm just done with it for a while :) I've always been horrible as a tank, so time to play one. muahahaha
    Qulo likes this.
  7. Moege Augur

Bards as a sub-community should not have made a concerted effort to withhold data it only results in changes such as these. Change your habits and in the future it may be addressed.

PS: Thin ice and dancing on it, I no longer care.
  8. Brexa New Member

/embellishes the emotional side and blows it out of proportion and way off context

When you say 'your' you mustn't be talking to me. This comment is mean, a bit obscene- so what you're telling me is vainglorious absolutely needed a ween? Withholding data? Changing habit? Perhaps the rest of the jest is pulled out of my hat like a rabbit. Clearly, obviously, as stark as it be- for some reason, I get a hint of criticism from thee.

*snaps fingers* Nobody tells me how to play my bard, and NO I don't just play by the trend. If you'd know who's who, you'd be kissing my eh es es in the end. I am unaware of which orchestrated event took place where all the bards knew- of a certain way of playing that wasn't exactly fair- Do you? I didn't. And my gameplay is no different for current content for exp, I don't even know what 'they' were doing with it the most. Been a bit better since they nerfed riposte. And my kicks still do the kick. But don't mind me -while I'll be better than quick & you don't even have to see. #@$%^.
    Bards 4 lyfe, we 'neva die', anybody posts negative past this, please try? Moreso than a mock, with the view of a rock, this post is half satire, half true and full shock. Do not to mimic those with the grief, for me to see this coming from years ago when it was gave, now is a relief. Underestimated, like most, sooooo good for me, that is my advantage- now here's a toast, and you know... you'll see! To you, who put their own definition to the words, have some respect for those who practices all the scales in thirds. Everybody jumps on the bard wagon when the ability is hot- dicho bots! melody bots? three bards garaged in the parking lot! Bot, bot... BOT! a gang of bards stacked in a corner, but thanks for the passing comment, thanks for being a warner. Don't have fun? while you play a game? People have lost sight? Have you all gone insane?! Pleh, no change too, too drastic can make any real change, I'll figure it out- on the wide, wild range. Check my history, and outrage, you'll see I wrote a dichotomic rant that made up a whole page. Can you see truth through the wordy cage??? Its a communal problem brought center stage.

-B

post- Stay entertained.
    ptah and kizant like this.
  9. code-zero Augur

Just hang on, soon some new ability will be introduced that is ridiculously overpowered and we bards can enjoy that for a few years just like we've done from PBAE kiting on up
  10. flash000 Augur

bahh in my day bards could tank kite multiple mobs dps..... oh wait im senile with dementia .... that never happened....
  11. neworldoz Arawn the Bard

daybreak are u guys freaking kidding me..... u make dirge only hit 5 targets?!?!?!? WHY!!!!! it takes us like an hour to gain back 100% mana and we only get like 7 casts of it before we are oom... the 1 song we could have fun with and you go and ruin it for what reason?!??!?!?! bards already cant do any type of dps, we have become nothing but a support class so you go and make us even weaker, thanks!!!!
  12. Repthor Augur

The war one is kinda how it is to tank raid bosses currently we dont dodge parry ripo boss swings so if we can force crits this whould be a buff in raids . I like it

Or maybe we can combind the warr wiz one i can force the wizzy to allways crit wile his smarting.if i accept the dmg.
  13. Bobokin Augur

This patch was an all around failure.

My daughter's main is a Bard, and she will no longer play the character, and neither will I.
  14. Chorus Augur

meh...I wasn't using it except on raids anyway. For farming, using a wizard merc or 2 on AE does a good enough job. Frankly, I don't think anyone should be able to mass kill an entire zone anyway. All abilities need to be reduced to 6-10 mobs somewhere. It's stupid it isn't already like that. Now, the endurance increase...that right there is a different story. I won't be using the ability at all due to that.

Yes I know, someone will use the old content argument, but frankly, so what? on greens/grays you can still clear an entire zone without using ae's faster than they respawn. I can do it myself with the crappy bard dps and NOT using AE's.
  15. shiftie Augur

Bard ae songs changed to not work when moving
    Shaker page
    Headshot on ae spells
    Ward of tunare
    Riposte
    Beam spells
    Mortal coil
    Armor of (paladin)

I could go on. The facts remain the devs do not intend for us to kill in this fashion. We as players continue to find new and undercover ingenious ways to do so and each time it gets nerfed.

Why do we act surprised every time? Furthermore why do we get upset. Rest assured you are not alone and this won’t be the last time this happens. Best to just enjoy it while it lasts or join the necro fight club and hope no one notices.
    Jyve and code-zero like this.
  16. Zunnoab Augur

I do not see the words lag or server in this topic. Yes I am bumping this, but that is why:
    I still feel the max targets should have been more like 10, and they shouldn't have touched the cost, however something was necessary. Extreme server load was happening on some progression servers due to people kiting pretty much entire zones, I was told. I don't play on progression servers, but once I learned that I at least understood why they had to do something.
    Jyve likes this.