A 3 Box triple-mage Question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by nebu, Jan 12, 2020.

1. nebu New Member

Hey all,

I've been weighing a 3 box that is built a bit more on firepower than durability by trying out a triple mage setup (using air/water for trash and earth/air/water for named). Apart from a few named and PoWar, how do 3 mages hold up compared to something like an sk/dru/wiz 3 box? I figured the dps is pretty hefty and that with three pets I can probably run double or triple healer merc on named as needed (as long as pets don't get one-shotted).

It also seems like it would be fun, if not a bit cheesy.

Any comments?

Thanks!
    Neb
  2. nebu New Member

Also, most of my main gameplay for now will be the group game, hunting named, getting gear etc.

There is also bst/mag/mag if I want to give up alliance.

Cheers,
    Neb
  3. Tucoh Augur

tldr: plate tanks are so good it's hard to make a boxed group that beats them.
  4. nebu New Member

Thanks tucoh! Do you have a favorite 3 box for each plate tank?
  5. Tucoh Augur

Not really, no. But every 3box I'd suggest includes a bard. You can match a tank + bard + sha/ber/rog/mag/bst/dru/wiz and do pretty well.

The bard provides enough ADPS and utility to any class to get a lot of out them while contributing quite a bit to the group on their own. Their personal damage got a huge boost in ToV so even if they're not amplifying an entire group they're doing just fine.

If you're playing an SK you've got less reason to include a shaman/druid because you don't need the healing as much. Same for paladin.