9-12-17 test patch notes = more massive nerfs?!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Repthor Augur

most of the top guild had less gear then the ppl still trying to bet the event at this day cuz we wherent stuck for 18 weeks on some roadblock becoz of less preforming players and or bad strats

the nerfs should of happened alot earlyer imo not now. but even then it whouldent of effected the top guilds seeing as the top 10 guilds where all done with the exansion in feburary?
    Sindaiann and Drogba like this.
  2. Zehn Lorekeeper

You clearly dont get it....

My guild is going to beat the events no matter what our stats are at, and never hide behind some argument it was easier for us to beat the event because of x ability ... we beat events because that is what we do .. over and over again. We beat events without the defensive profs before, and we will do it with the lowered def prof .... its that simple, we dont give up, and we dont lose.
  3. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

What period of time does Daybreak have to permit for guilds to beat content before they may change something? There aren't that many events and the first one was a bit of a freebie.

Honestly, it is a no-win situation for the devs. If they make it too easy, it is hard to take pride in your creation and players that want a decent challenge get bored. If they make harder content (with a worthy reward) for the people that will rise to meet the challenge, those that can not or will not will complain there is content they cannot beat and a reward they cannot obtain. If the reward for easy mode and hard mode are the same, the replay of hard mode is not so appealing.

If you want to save 15% or more on car insurance, you switch to GEICO.

Seriously, these guilds will beat anything that is beatable, they do not need any advantage to do it. They adjust to changes and utilize whatever tools the game provides.
  4. Lily Augur

What about Scintillating Beam being merged with Beam of Slumber? They were totally different AAs. And I wonder if it's going to have a 10 second recast like SC or a 90 second one like BoS.
  5. Brohg Augur

Yeah no, not on board. I don't think a negative reaction to randomly chopping the shm dicho's power by 75% after 2 years of play, for instance, is "baby crying". Going from 2 beam mez abilities to 1, or losing 1 of 2 directed-root AAs, plus the blur? Totally random attack on ranger weapon augments? It's weird stuff, worthy of comment
    Kinadorm, Drogba and Drusi like this.
  6. p2aa Augur

Taking 18 % more dmg every hit has more detrimental impact on a tank than going from TBM raid gear to EoK raid and the + 25 k HP you won in the process.
    AC gain is irrelevant against modern raid content mobs. Been a while now since AC made a real impact on mob dmg output.
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Yep as i said: i don't get it.
    This game is about more than selfish brats.
    It would do YOU some good to try and look beyond your horizon.
    Which by the looks of it is a circle with the radius of zero and that you call your point of view.
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I don't see it quite that way.
    Of course, they can't possibly make it "right" for anyone.
    But re-tuning events UP after release has been "the norm" since i came back.
    The result has been that the supposedly SAME event became harder to beat initially the longer you need to beat it.
    Does that make any sense?
    Not to me.

A published event should retain it's difficulty.
    The tuning... that's what beta is for, really.

The complaints are really only there (and justified even) when the events in question are REQUIRED.
    And of course more in EoK probably than any previous expansion simply because of that dreadful decision to obsolete last year's gear.
    So guilds/alliances either raid EoK or fold, it's that simple.

And yes, if the force is insufficient then the problem is with the guilds/alliances.
    If however events are progressively made harder as the expansion is released longer, then the problem is the devs, plain and simple.
    What good is a guild-progression site if the playfield changes over time?

Reaper especially - the event gives immunities, which make the stupidly designed event progressively easier to beat.
    Ok, bad enough.
    But over time, AEs have been increased for example.
    Now, they nerf the tanking and the healing.
    I don't know about you, but we needed "every trick" to beat Reaper the first few times, simply because the non-crit effect is so crippling in itself.
    But WE had our full mitigation (so healers had to heal less) AND QM and other tricks, so a dead healer was quickly back in action or DPS sustained etc...
    Guilds still at this stage have neither, so they're screwed twice.

Not fair, not good design, not good - period.
  9. smash Augur

Gotta say that prev post got something right in regard to Reaper.

People who has not yet beaten get it a lot harder than those that has beaten it and got immunity.

Those guilds will imo get more respect for beating it than the others.
  10. kizant Augur

I never used scintillating beam because of the level limit. The way I see it the good beam got a bunch of upgrades! It even got the increased AE range so you can more easily hit more than you intended. Which is the main goal of all beams.
    Sindaiann and Reht like this.
  11. astroguy66 New Member

Removing paralytic spores and paralytic spray for shamans is absurd. These have been tools for shamans for FOUR years. I don't even have spiritual rebuke hotkeyed, yet this is the AA that gets revamped.
  12. YellowBelly Augur

Happy nerfpocalypse tomorrow. It looks like they are going to actually roll these terrible changes out.
  13. manofjc New Member

Ok I am just going to say it. WTF Day break, your going to kill pally's with this. We already do NOT have enough threat, its a joke. WE are a tank/hybrid class but the Shadow knight counter parts can hold threat 10 times better and now you want to nerf what we do have.... Stop already, the class is weak enough as it is.
  14. Sindaiann Augur

It has a 90sec last I checked on Test. Recast never changed which would be nice if they would consider

*EDIT* - recast issue wasn't the right wording
  15. Sindaiann Augur

That and somnolence lands on the Beam of Slumber cast. That is very nice.

And I agree I never used scintillating that much due that either however it was a nice utility when practical.
    kizant likes this.
  16. Slayinsin New Member

Paladin agro is more often than not slammed as terrible, however it's not that bad if you use everything you have access to. I raid on a paladin and have more trouble with too much agro than too little in most scenarios. Them changing the Harmonious numbers for paladins does seem pretty pointless, however this will do next to nothing in the grand scope of things. On raids my Harmonious gets triggered maybe 6 times per every time I cast it on myself which is 4 minutes and some change. Even though I'm tanking adds or the boss constantly, so if this just destroys your agro perhaps you should find some knowledgeable paladins and ask them how to agro.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Maybe you should play with dps that don't play so poorly.

Seriously, I'm in the top eq guild. Paladin aggro is trash. Chaining the top aggro producing abilities on a mob = rangers, zerkers, etc are taking your aggro.

It is simple math. It is easier to keep aggro tanking a big mob when you have people chaining heals on you than it is on anything else, and if you're telling me you're getting "maybe 6" procs of harmonious every 4 minutes, then 1) you aren't tanking hardly at all, and 2) your dps is pretty terrible.

But aggro in raids is a million times better than it is in groups with the same people, when you're blowing mobs up so fast and you can't keep aggro on even 1 mob at a time when you have 3 in camp all the time pretty much.

But hey, at least we can heal a ton so we are always welcome on raids.
  18. Zunnoab Augur

Joy, we're close to getting the Queen down again (after farming her for months prior to the "lol" nonsense) and wiped several times to lag as well as the lame powerup timer. We're getting so, so close to getting her back on farm and working on Vault again and all I can do is ask people to put up with this ridiculousness to push forward again.

Game performance was abysmal today with many lag spikes. At least one of the wipes was likely specifically due to that.

So here we have events with stupidly large regen combined with nerf after nerf after nerf after nerf. Hopefully them kicking us in the teeth AGAIN tomorrow won't push the rest of EoK further from our reach again.

If those nerfs go live, I have no respect for the development direction of this game anymore. Completely unthinkable how heavy handed the nerfs are, and while pushing people backwards in progression with event changes. Inexcusable. "lol" ...so unprofessional.

Seriously, their only feedback I'm aware of was to edit "lol" into mob names after destroying the ability for some to get the event down. It is disgusting. They are so, so lucky people stick around, because I can tell you if those nerfs go live tomorrow I'm certainly not paying for this game to give Daybreak any favors; it's to support my guild and my alliance. They are the only shining highlight that has me happy in game right now. Now they work to take it away from us, again. Ridiculous and disgusting. I wouldn't have such a disrespectful tone if not for the "lol" thing. I'd be disgusted, but not downright bitterly upset.

I'm grateful people are putting up with this nonsense trying to get an event down we farmed for months. Daybreak is lucky to have customers put up with this nonsense.

Seriously though, I'm grateful for the people sticking it out despite this junk.
  19. Brohg Augur

Paladin Harmonious is barely being sneezed at. It's retaining like 45% of its hate power and 70% heal power. By comparison, SK & Warrior versions aren't just getting chopped, they're getting shot and bombed and ... lasers to the ... knees. There's many lamentable nerfs happening in this patch, but Pal harmonious nerf is among the most minor.
  20. Lianeb Augur

Warriors are getting nerfs to 3 aggro abilities. One of which was supposed to be our version of the alliances....Don't see those getting beat up here

Wish we would have gotten an alliance now