9-12-17 test patch notes = more massive nerfs?!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Maedhros High King

These nerfs are going to screw the lower tier guilds much worse than anyone. If you havent beaten KarZok yet, forget it now. Maybe if there is a level increase in the next expansion you can get it then.
    Metanis and adetia like this.
  2. Maedhros High King

A fix is good if there was an exploit but it looks like bards wont get hardly anything back when they use it on themself now? The double refresh rate is pretty bad though.
  3. wingz-83 Augur

Pally:
    HA...wow. so don't use those undead nukes or anything useful like crushes, use demand to get a slow on an undead mob....wow. Because undead are usually mixed in with live mobs and there's only so many spell slots. Something at least kinda fun is now pointless.

Also that QM change gonna suck for clerics. Good thing this game has tons of clerics around to weather the storm.
    Imrahil and adetia like this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

5. Maedhros High King

That change to helix is a really stupid one. I dont ever want to load ridiculous Impose for Honor. Are they going to add another spell slot for paladins?
    Imrahil and Warpeace like this.
  6. gotwar Gotcharms

7. Aldryn Another New Member

I'm not sure if this was answered in the patch notes since I've read them (or if someone else answered it already?), but from what I understand, the fades, lures, moving mountains, all of the stuff like that, are now just going to work flat-out on "Your level + X," so there's no need to have the ranks that scaled it to your level. As it pertains to these types of changes, those abilities should all still work the same way they did before.

That specific part isn't how it's supposed to be, so change it so that it's fixed. There's no need to do all this other dumb bull****. I still vividly remember the conversation that got this ability added into the game, and it was a direct response to Bards saying "Yo! Could we get some love? We literally have nothing when it comes to gaining back resources after we die!," and granted I haven't been to test since this rolled out, if it actually takes 75% of the resources to use on yourself, it's now pointless right after you die, which was the whole purpose in the first place.

It's not going to make or break me either way because you have to try pretty hard and/or be pretty stupid to die as a Bard, but that's not the point. It's a dumb change just for the sake of changing something.
    Nniki and Jumbur like this.
  8. svann Augur

Yea and its going to cost us a lot of mana to use on anyone else. Almost not worth using now.
  9. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Guys, the story here is...

- Added the Find Item Window which allows you to search your inventory:
    - - The window can be toggled with /finditem as well as through buttons found in the inventory window, bank window, and EQ menu
    - - You can search for specific item names with /finditem Itemname
    - - The window allows you to search for any item or augment in your immediate possession, in your bank, in your shared bank, in a mercenary slot, in a key ring, or in a real estate that you own with the same filtering options as the bazaar search window
    - - The window allows you to directly grab items from your inventory (hold left click) or offers the ability to highlight the location/bag where the item is located (right click)

You are going to be so busy playing with this all that other stuff won't matter!
  10. kizant Augur

Definitely. It's a small gain but still pretty nice. Even a little extra mana will help since I'm constantly out of mana during raids. Not that it offsets the change to AA nukes they made and QM though.. Ugh that's going to be tough.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

First our short DPS burn got neutered, then our already terrible agro gets nerfed by making our Harmonious even worse. I have no words. I can't find the justification for this.
    Imrahil, Warpeace, Maedhros and 2 others like this.
  12. svann Augur

Could be worse than that if the ability uses the resources at cast, which is the only way I see them coding it. We literally wont be able to use it on ourselves after we get a res because we wont have mana.
  13. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Still not over the Bard Fade mana nerf.
    Pano and Maedhros like this.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Did they mess with our AA-nukes again? I can't find it in the patch notes...:confused:
    Or are you talking about the old nerf?
  15. Aldryn Another New Member

That's literally exactly what I meant, haha, and that's how it's displaying:

[49585/49573] Rallying Call V
    Mana: 13500
    Endurance: 2250
    Target: Single (If Type 49573)
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Stacking: Rallying Call 5
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 6s (1 ticks) Song, Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Cast: Rallying Call Azia V once if Type 49574
    • [49586/49573] Rallying Call Azia V
      Target: Self
      Duration: 30s (5 ticks) Song, Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
      1: Fragile Defense (1)
      2: Mana Burn up to 0 Damage
    2: Cast: Rallying Call Beza V once if Type 49575
    • [49587/49573] Rallying Call Beza V
      Target: Self
      Duration: 30s (5 ticks) Song, Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
      1: Fragile Defense (1)
      5: Increase Current Mana v2 by 6000 per tick
  16. svann Augur

what nerf
  17. Bigfan Augur

No one saying anything about the adps loss and heal loss for roar of the lion change?

This is fairly massive.
    Ssdar and Aldren like this.
  18. Seldom Augur

Change the spells Demand for Power and Impose for Honor into aa's and the Helix change will be fine. Otherwise just keep Helix as it's own ability. Pertaining to the further stance nerfs, anyone could see that coming from a mile away. Going to have to look at the new numbers for the Harmonius abilities, but again, anyone could see that nerf coming since they came out. The Rally change and Quiet Miracle nerf should be reconsidered IMO though
  19. Razorfall Augur

wonder how it'll be with

Jumbur likes this.
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Well, If all classes get 26% more mitigation out of their armor, then it might end up being a buff across all classes. Lets wait and see before we complain too much about defensive nerfs. :)