86-100 spells for Heroic characters

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Quatr, May 19, 2014.

1. Quatr Augur

A quick question to make sure that I correctly understand the current situation with spell availability for Heroic characters.

1-85 - present at creation

86-88 Rank II: Nebulous Dream Fragments. No faction required.

89-90 Rank II: Nebulous Dream Fragments. Indifferent faction required. Faction can be raised to indifferent by doing solo HOT quests, which also result in Heroic-only augments as an added bonus.

91-95 Rank II: Alaran Cantrips. Some require Alaran language skill up to 25 (possibly 50, but it may have been lowered). This shouldn't matter much because there is a simple FedEx quest which boosts your Alaran language to 100.

ROF 96-100 Rank II: Dreadmotes. No faction required.

COTF 96-100 Rank II: 960 Marks of Valor per spell. No faction required.

Is this correct? If so, then it looks like the only faction that you need to raise on your way to 100 is HOT, which shouldn't take long since all you need is indifferent. I guess you could even skip Rk. II 89-90 spells since they will be superseded by Rk. II 94-95 spells.
  2. OldCa61 Augur

skip Rk. II 89-90 spells Not something a Mage would want to do :) Can't comment on other folks, but these are some major upgrades i.e. Swarm pets, bolt etc...
  3. feiddan Augur

Looks right.

I'd skip the 89-90 Rank II's. In the time it takes to raise your faction, you could be leveling. The gains you get from leveling generally exceed the small gains from a Rk. I to Rk. II spell. If any of them turn out to be essential, go back and work on them after you get to 100 with a fair bit of AA's.
  4. Quatr Augur

Thanks for the confirmation!

As far as HOT faction goes, my current thinking is that any Heroic character who needs AC is very likely to do the introductory HOT quests for the AC augments, so he will automatically end up with indifferent faction.
  5. Borek-VS Augur

Seems right. You will want to do the HoT quests for augs; by completing the Feerrott mercenary and partisan quests, you will have hit indifferent faction. The House quests aren't needed for higher faction, although you could probably skip the harder quests in both zones, and do the easier ones, if all you want is faction. I'm not sure how that would impact your augment collection, as it isn't entirely clear how they are granted.
  6. Rauven Augur

I don't remember needing faction for this on when my cleric was around that level. I didn't have a heroic character though and may have gotten faction by kills and quests.

I don't have alaran language and I'm able to get 91 and 92 rank II spells. You might not need it. Not sure about 93-95 though. [/quote]
  7. Borek-VS Augur

I can assure you that you need indifferent faction for 89/90 rank II spells in HoT; you start at apprehensive. If you only do the Feerrott mercenary and partisan tasks, you won't hit indifferent until you get the two achievements. If you have been repeating kill tasks, you'll probably get there sooner.

I'd really like to have a clearer picture on how the HC augments are awarded, as that would affect the best strategy for getting through these.
    Yther likes this.
  8. Rauven Augur

Probably.. I did a few kill quests (by a few I mean quite a bit) in the HOT courtyard and probably got good faction there.

But the achievement quests for the HC should be done. Those augs are pretty nice and make it well worth it. Not too hard either.
  9. Dandin Augur

I may be alone in this thought pattern. But it sure would be nice to get Rank II spells up to 85 when you create a Heroic Character.
    I know at the endgame it doesn't matter much for some classes, but Enchanters in particular use some older Auras at level 100.

Twincast Aura is a perfect example of this. there are a few others, but none that stand out as much.
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

take all that free plat and buy them in the /baz
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

HC are get enough freebies as it is. There is no good reason why they should get free rk2 spells. If you want to have the rk2 do the content it is from, buy it from another player, or research it yourself.
  12. Zaxamaphone Augur

As fast as levels come in Everquest now I wouldn't touch a Rk. II spell until I'm level 100 then look at my class and which Rk. II would be beneficial to have. Why waste the plat when you may only use the spell for a week or two?
    Marlon1957 likes this.
  13. Quatr Augur

I guess it depends on how much plat you have :) If the expense is trivial, then the big question is how long it takes to "faction up". In the case of HOT spells, faction comes with doing all those recently upgraded augment quests, which many Heroic characters will want to do regardless, so it's just a side effect.
  14. pk76 Augur

if you know someone who already did the faction needed and can get these spells , you could ask him ( if same class than you ) to go get the rk 2 spells for you , since the turn in spell is tradeable
  15. Quatr Augur

Huh! I never thought of that. Thanks!:)
  16. Borek-VS Augur

Well...

Right now I can buy minor nebulous fragments for under 100pp. 86 spells are probably 500-1000pp. That's enough reason for me, although of course it doesn't apply across the levels.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The HoT rk2 turn-in drops were the most common ever and all tradable making them crazy cheap even when HoT was current.

Also, the rank 2 spells from level 71-90 can be researched, but they generally cost more to make than they are worth. Level 91-95 are supposed to researchable but they put in the wrong spells as the results.