85 paladin spell lineup

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by smills428, Jan 12, 2019.

1. smills428 New Member

I've been doing some looking into my spell book. I'm a returning player who upgraded my pally to heroic. I've been mostly grinding in the hot zone and Feerott. I don't seem to have many useful direct damage spells or attacks. I have crush of compunction, glorious vindication and crush of the crying sea mem'd to my spell bar, along with several of the buffs I think are useful after reading the description.

Are there any other damage spells I should have mem'd while I'm moloing?

Thanks
  2. Brohg Augur

Eulogy-Benediction-Burial Rites! they don't share timer, you can load em all. at 86, you can add Elegy to the top of that list (there's one every 5 levels)

you can add Annihilate the Undead to your linup, but since it's 1.5s cast time it'll be harder to channel without a stun already on the mob
  3. Wulfhere Augur

Paladin class was originally designed to do nearly all of it's damage via melee. You''ll do your best damage wielding a 2hand weapon (use a healer merc to help you tank in this stance). Make sure to cast your melee imbue buff (Devout Fury). Get as much haste and damage shielding as you can via potions or clickies (back items). To kill mobs you have to be efficient at being hit by them. Paladin has reverse damage shield spells (that are very situational) that you cast on the mob that add minor damage (and healing): see Mark of the Pious and Mark of the Crusader as they may help you until you can replace them with better spells.

At level 85 you get Disruptive Persecution AA which nukes all target types. Keep that on cool down.

Against undead you do have slay undead and a line up of nukes (see prev post) and you should always look for undead to hunt (e.g. rivers in Ferrott). Starting with level 86 you can add Elegy (line) to your all purpose spells as they begin to also damage live mobs. You can keep stacking new ranks

At level 87 add Denouncement spell line to your nuke lineup and it reflects a heal on your target's target which would be you since you're tanking it.
  4. smills428 New Member

Great info. Thanks guys!