62 Monk Two Boxing - Bard... or Other Box and Mercs?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Xinetoan, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Xinetoan Star Seeker

I would like to naturally level my 62 Monk.

He currently has J Mercs for Heal, Tank and Melee ready to go.

I have a 2nd account that is old enough to have got a free 85 token, and I did a Bard on it back in 2014 or w/e that was , so I have a 2nd box 85 Heroic Bard ready to go out the gate.

My monk is from April 2001, so playing him is not up for debate in this, its kinda the whole spiel, so given that:

1) Does the Bard make sense as 2nd box? If so, what should be the merc pattern, two healers? If I did the Bard, I would leave him on the best haste/utility songs, etc.

2) If something else makes SUPER GERAT sense as a 2nd box for the Monk? What would that be, and what would the two mercs be?

Thanks for any insight!
  2. code-zero Augur

Bards match up well with monks, if you're going to try Monk tanking they two healer mercs will be the ticket.
  3. Xinetoan Star Seeker

Well, that's certainly convenient given what I find myself with lol.

if the Monk is the main char, since the Bard is 85 and the Monk 62, would it make mathematical sense for the Bard to go tank some say 70's mobs which would be red to the Monk until the levels of the two chars narrow?
    code-zero likes this.
  4. code-zero Augur

Take your heroic bard and get all the HoT augs from doing Feerrott the Dream progression, that will really help.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I would suggest a Shaman, because they give great buffs, can slow the mobs you would be fighting, can DoT mobs, and can help heal when needed which would give you the option to have merc tank up at times, and still have two healers. But Bard is a great pairing with a Monk as well, give you about all the same benefits minus the healing, but instead gives you some solid crowd control options if needed.