55 minute queue time is unacceptable

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AndreEQ, May 24, 2017.

1. Shurman Lorekeeper

My partner tried posting about this earlier and got a warning.

lolz

Had 16 minute timer, after 45 minutes, disconnected. Happening over and over and over since 2 PM.. they say it's fixed, but.. we're still here and not in game.

Unsubs inc.
  2. EasyAsPie New Member

Easy decision to make folks. If you are upset enough, cancel your subs, it's the only thing they will care about, not posts on a forum. If you have patience to wait hours with no progress, good luck to you too.
    lockjaws and Shenanigans like this.
  3. blake New Member

Yeah this is really sad. I just re subbed for this thinking id be able to play. But wow was I wrong, Ill just head back to Project 1999.
    lockjaws and Shenanigans like this.
  4. Hialmar New Member

I started to log in after waiting about70 minutes then got the 1017 error "You may need to repatch", so it screwed me just as I was logging in.
  5. Shenanigans Journeyman

My wallet is in a queue, I cannnot open it.
    itzagame_m8s likes this.
  6. DirtyGurtie Lorekeeper

Nice to see that some things don't change, lol. Look, i get that issues arise, but couldn't this had been planned better? If one of the goals of this server is to get older players to come back, or even newer players to come sign up, then having an hour long queue time on an 18 year old game is probably not the best way to do it. I play EQ2 mainly, so its not like they're going to lose my sub over this-honestly i only wanted to check out the new server for nostalgic reasons...I remember when i first started playing this in 99, it seemed every other day there was downtime/couldn't log in for one reason or another...so in a way, its just like the good 'ol days, lol:) Hope everyone gets in soon, back to EQ2 I go, happy hunting all:)-on the bright side, at least you folks have netflix to fall back on, these days, lol
  7. lockjaws Augur

My favorite part is how they let this keep happening.
    itzagame_m8s likes this.
  8. itzagame_m8s Journeyman

My favorite part is how ruthlessly efficient they are at merge and purge of threads, with an inversely proportional efficiency displayed in producing the actual game.
    lockjaws likes this.
  9. tyrith New Member

The real issue is that there are vastly, vastly more people trying to play tonight than will ever be on the server at once after this. Unfortunately, financial reality is probably such that they can't afford to dedicate the server architecture required to solve what will likely only be a 24 hour problem. We just have to deal with it as the cost of doing business, and I'm sure they realize they will lose some number of subs because of it.
  10. Tim_vz New Member

Financial reality is not a good excuse, they are getting at least $15 from each of those customers even though they may never log in to play. Many of us work in software development and host or pay for hosting for webapps that get significant traffic.
    lockjaws likes this.
  11. Rolento23 Journeyman

They fixed the newbie yards. Nice to see you read the Dev posts.
    lockjaws likes this.