50% Off The Darkened Sea for a Limited Time!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Get 50% off The Darkened Sea expansion now through Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 11:59PM PDT*.

[IMG]

In addition, this content is also available for Daybreak Cash during this promotion! Note that the 50% off promotion does not apply to the Daybreak Cash payment method. The Daybreak Cash payment method will be visible to you at the end of the check-out process (on the same page where you can choose to pay with credit card or PayPal).

If you’re an All-Access member, note that you get an ADDITIONAL 10% off these purchases. If you’re not current an All-Access member (or want to see what else members get), you can sign up for membership here.

The Darkened Sea Collector’s Edition will sail off into the sunset when this promotion ends. Don’t miss your last chance to pick up this collector’s edition, and get the special items included with this purchase! You can get to the expansion purchase page here.

*Convert to your local time
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Was it intentional to not be able to buy the gift one with station cash?
  3. Lynnia Augur

I really wish I'd known this was coming when I got the upgrade to collector's edition not that long ago.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Kravitz Augur

Well, I can't tell you how to spend your money. But too me it seems like you have buyers remorse. Its not smart buying an expansion this late in the product cycle period. Even at $20 when the next expansion is 2 months away, it just doesn't make sense unless you live in the business world of DGC where they think $20 is a reasonable amount for an end of product cycle.

Unfortunately, most of us don't live in that world of the DGC business model, and have come to expect content to drop in price significantly thanks to companies like Valve, Green Man Gaming, GoG, who always offer content at reasonable prices 3 to 6 months after the game comes out. DGC thinks it business model is working when they make this last minute cash grab, but in reality if they had dropped the price 6 months after launch they would have sold more volume over the long haul instead of making this last minute ditch effort to grab as many sales.

There was a time when DGC was selling expansions for $10 on Steam when the content was 6 months along in the cycle, guess there was actually someone who understood how to run a business for a short period of time at this company, but I guess those days are gone. Unfortunately, the concept of volume sales doesn't equate to higher profit for them in their mind.
  5. shadowgod Augur

If they did this people would wait 6 months to buy the expansion. It's not as simple as you make it out. For the sales they gain they lose cash from the people who waited because they knew it would be discounted at a given date.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Kravitz Augur

That is not true at all, people will buy the expansion because people do enjoy shiny new content when it comes out. Your logic only makes sense for a certain amount of people (which are a minority I would say), and equivalent to people will only see a movie during the matinee hours because they have it discounted.

You'll find majority of people don't wait to get their hands on new content, and when your sales are down 6 months after release you don't sell your product at the same retail price, well because your volume of sales continues to drop, so you counter it buy offering it a cheaper rate and sell more volume to compensate for the drop in price.

There's a reason why the rest of the gaming industry (Valve, Blizzard, GoG, GMG, etc) do this, cause it works better for the amount of revenue generated as well as offering the product for a reasonable price cuts down on piracy (which is another discussion of its own).

I guess I'll buy that video card I want 3 years from now, cause the price will be 70% less then the current price, and it will be well past its product cycle!
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

EQ from most points does not have much in common with those games. About the only thing this game (and it's player base) have in common with those newer, shinier games is that all them require a computer and a internet connection.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Lynnia Augur

Well, I figured with the stated model of "campaigns not expansions," if I wanted the collectors' edition /claim items I'd better go ahead and get it when it was available at a time I had the money. I wasn't sure how long the ability to upgrade would be there, and didn't figure they'd do much of a discount on it if they were going away from new expansions. So, I upgraded my 2 accounts when I could.
  9. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Thank you for this. I was able to buy the expansion on my 2nd account, with Daybreak Cash. ^_^
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

this content is also available for Daybreak Cash during this promotion!

I too am looking at getting one of my accts - tracker/forger box - TDS access - thanks.
  11. Lilkillerr New Member

Does this also include Call of the Forsaken expansion?
  12. Sethros New Member

I would also like to know this, I have all but the last 2 expansions.
  13. Schadenfreude Augur

It seems so. A shame as neither of the accounts I have that still need TDS have enough currency but I do have than enough on others but you say no option.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

To those wondering if this includes COTF yes it does. When ever you buy the last expansion released you are granted all the previous expansions. When they switch to a campaign model that might change.
  15. just_some_bard Lorekeeper

i wish there was a way to get previous expansion's collector's editions rewards. i didn't play during VoA/RoF really, but i want the VoA Kangon and the RoF house!
  16. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

It'll include the previous expansions.
  17. tvremote New Member

Anyone else buy the collectors edition and not get the free heroic character? I put in a support ticket a few days ago but I haven't heard anything back.
  18. mystic37 Journeyman

This always kills me..... long term players pay the biggest price....

I did get the expansion... and every single expansion since 1999...

Yet.... TDS is the first time I did not get the collectors edition....well.... because the money they wanted for it seemed a bit excessive....

But seeing as it is now 50% off to upgrade to the collectors edition?

No way....25.00 to add on to the original I bought.

Means total it would cost me 39.99 plus 25.00 = 64.99

Then I look down and see if I am new or returning I could just pay 45.00 and have it all...

Maybe I am going about this all wrong....this new expansion coming out... should I just wait a year until I can get it as cheap as dirt as well?

/rant off
  19. Kravitz Augur

That's totally dependent on you how you wish to spend your money. But, why shouldn't old content be cheaper, its old content. Its the equivalence of paying for a new Samsung Galaxy phone, but in 6 months they will discount it down $100-150 from the initial price. Should you wait, its up to you.

I personally think its dumb to pay even $20 for TDS when you can get the new expansion + TDS (and all older expansions) in 2 months when the new expansion rolls out for $40, seems like a better bargain for older + new shiny content. Now if it was 8 months before the launch, I'd consider paying $20, but with 2 months shy of the latest expansion, I question the value i would get of that $20 spent on EQ vs buying another video game if you want an apple to apples comparison.

The only time I would consider buying and old expansion at this point in the product cycle is if its for an alt account I don't play much on and would never use the new content coming out for the next year.
  20. mystic37 Journeyman

My point was.... old school player that never left the game... ever since 1999. And between my husband and myself 6 gold accounts.

What would have happened if players like us... just waited until the newest expansion was half price?

Well I guess it is time to do just that.... instead of spending 240 bucks for an expansion we will just wait....

The other point is... then charge newer players something... not just give it out for free....

The cell phone "point"?

I do not see the newest phone from last year... being free.... discounted? Sure. But not even half priced... more like just 25-35%

But what they should do with this new expansion is not give the expansion before it for free with the expansion....

Since we do not raid anymore I guess we could just wait until it is 50% off for the newest shiny....

I was just voicing my displeasure with it....my solution?

Hey just offer the expansion items to gold account members at a price per item in Daybreak cash.....