50% Bonus XP: October 16 - 18

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Warpeace is right except I definitely would not categorize it as sucking money out of you on TLP. I think it is simply a sound and reasonable business decision. Maxing levels on the TLP servers with bonus exp is 1) Not a classic EQ experience and 2) loses Daybreak income from the exp pots etc.

On the regular servers we have a lot of Free to Play people. Bonus exp causes them to max aa quickly and to need to either buy more aa room or go All Access if even temporarily. This makes Daybreak money. And since on the regular servers we need to BUY new expansions to get get more aa room once we max this also makes Daybreak money.

The Life servers also deal with much larger level and aa gaps between players. Since most of the game play is only at the high end part of the game exp bonuses help concentrate the players where the active game is and also helps expansion sales.

As already stated by Stewwy Everquest is a business. Businesses need to turn a profit to stay in business. Daybreak is not screwing anyone over on the TLP servers.... far from it they give TLP a LOT of attention. If the TLP peeps have not seen that they are blind.

Overall I think Daybreak policies are reasonable ones to encourage sales and increase profits that will let them keep Everquest going. Still not sure on whether TLP servers are good for the regular servers or not but I don't have all the facts. And with the current info I have I don't think the scaling raids in the new expansion are great either. But I do think Daybreak is being reasonable in their strats to make profits overall. Just my opinion.
  2. Casidia Augur

On the other hand, i can think about a million things that are not a classic EQ experience on TLP.

Let's face it, there should be more creative things instead of bonus xp.
    The whole concept is boring, in games like Eq much of the motivation came from gaining xp and the sooner you are done, the sooner most of us get bored.
    lockjaws likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

True but EQ doesn't have that large of a customer base so other then occasional features like illusion/mount keyrings I don't see them getting that innovative in events other then the standard ones they do now.

My rule of thumb is when I want them to add something is to think about how much it might cost and to keep in mind what I THINK it might cost might be way out of line too. I can think of many wonderful things that could be done with Everquest but for those things to be reasonable business decisions by Daybreak they need enough of a profit margin AND because they are a business and not a non profit for gamers there has to be a profit driven reason unless it is something that can be done at basically no cost.

P.S. Not saying you were asking for expensive alternatives. Just saying we all have to keep in mind Daybreak is a business there to make a profit which is totally fair.