5+ minute Zoning without LD.. and MASSIVE game lag

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elyssanda, May 25, 2020.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

on Cazic... I zoned from POK to GD and started at the screen saying entering Great Divide for 5 minutes..
    Everyone in guild and in Gen chat is commenting on how slow everything is, it is BAAAAAAAAD
    Jury Vicious, Tibb, Zamiam and 5 others like this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Please "Like" the first post in this thread in Bug Reports - More lag Daybreak. - in order to move it up on the Darkpaw priority list.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I did honey
  4. Elyee Lorekeeper

5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Forums are lagging, account management is lagging, game is lagging. Weds is gonna be wild.
    Nniki and Skuz like this.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

^^ person is NOT me!
    Elyee likes this.
  7. Nadisia Augur

Meanwhile, in Vegas ...

I'm confused, it SHOULD work ...

[IMG]

... but it doesn't :D

Joke aside, is AB lagging too?
    Because it's not in the same location (in Europe).
  8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Please reboot servers.
  9. Tappin Augur

We don’t know what is causing the issue - the patch or increased volume of players. I’m sure it will be sorted after holiday.
  10. Zamiam Augur

lol your funny ..

during the whole lockdown time which started in early march or about there and while anniversary was going on was prolly the most volume of players this game has seen besides the launch of the new expansion
    this holiday weekend is nothing compared to that in terms of volume of players ..
    but lets not say what it really is cause no one wants to hear that ..
  11. Tappin Augur

Excuse me? I’m sure a double experience weekend on Holiday draws in huge crowd compared to a random day of the week. I’m sure DP knows what the issue is, but players shouldn’t call for something that’s going to disrupt game for many based on a hunch.
  12. Zamiam Augur

I didnt say it didnt draw in a crowd .. I said that im sure the crowd during the lockdown and anniversary is more than on this holiday weekend .. thats just my opinion as I have no actual facts on it only DPG has that info ..
    also like i said during the lockdown and anniversary there wasnt nearly as much lag if any during that whole time (crashes, scheduled and unscheduled downtime excluded) but low and behold after this patch all laggy hell broke loose.. just saying 2+2 = 4 ..
    Jury Vicious likes this.
  13. Tappin Augur

There have been several crashes/reboot prior to the patch (mostly later in the evening). I just don’t see what a reboot will do besides kick off some AFK people. If the patch is the primary source of the problem (IDK), I doubt a server reboot without a fix will do much. Only DP knows this, but not worth doing unless they have data to back it up.
  14. Grummy_NB Augur

I was playing yesterday, in ToFS and everything was going fine. Then the lag switch happened and horrible lag everywhere. It lit up guild channel and regular channels and the lag didn't go away; stayed with the server the rest of the evening. (raiding was interesting)
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Totally agree surprised servers didn't come down the other day took forever to zone get missions ect ect ect.

Andarriel
  16. Save The Queen New Member

What happen the hamster stop running?
  17. Nadisia Augur

I don't want to spoil the UI thread, but I guess I have the best UI ever :

[IMG]

Simple, sober, elegant, and ultra functional :D
    Elyssanda, Jury Vicious and Deux like this.
  18. Tappin Augur

This game is filled with selfish people. I generally had a decent experience over the weekend, one major lag spike resulted in a death, everything else was minor and could have been my connection. I bet there are others who had similar experiences. There’s no reason the request the disruption of service for many others (a server reset may not have worked) because you a few others had a bad connection.
  19. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Pithy
  20. Xyphen Maximum Augur

It's clearly outdated. Modern text dialog has moved towards more "layman" speak: mostly lowercase, no periods. We've also moved away from high-contrast combinations (pure white on pure black).

This is what I think a more modern rendition would look like:

[IMG]

I spent hours perfecting this gem in MS Paint.
    Nadisia likes this.