40 Slot bag on new server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vicus, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Vicus Augur

I am interested in buying a satchel for my account but do not wish to play on the current TLP servers. If I purchase the bag now will it be allowed to be used on the new server when it opens. I know I would buy a couple (two accounts) if this was true. Anyone have an answer or if the devs could clarify please. Might make a few dollars more this way if it was confirmed.

Thanks
  2. Agrippa Augur

The bag and potion(s) go to your claims. If you buy the bundle, you can claim the bag and potion(s) with any character on any server. Unless they specifically prohibit them on the new server, you'll be able to claim them there, too. It should be noted that the bag is heirloom and transferable between characters on the server you'd claim it on. The potion(s) are no trade and you have to claim all three as one.
  3. Porygon Augur

The answer is no.
  4. Vicus Augur

I think the real answer is no one knows....so since this deal doesn't seem to have an expiration I will just hold onto my monet until a device answers my question. Thxs Agrippa for the detail answer.
  5. Porygon Augur

Im wrong, my apologies!
  6. Simone Augur

I bought a 40 slot bag for both on my characters on Lockjaw...... You must have missed the special promotion.

His question is if this promotion will still be available when the new server rolls out and the answer to that is that nobody knows at this point.
    Protocol likes this.
  7. Porygon Augur

You have a 40 slot bag that is use able on Lockjaw?
  8. Simone Augur

9. Porygon Augur

Protocol likes this.
  10. Vaclav Augur

11. Porygon Augur

I like how this company will do everything to make money, except just F-in instance RF and LJ... i cant even take this seriously anymore
  12. Vicus Augur

Your answer has no proof so I can't just take your word for it. Just because I do not believe your answer to be correct doesn't mean I am telling you its wrong. I've been playing EQ as long or longer then you (or equal if you were in beta) but that doesn't qualify me anymore then you to give an answer that you have NO concrete evidence to provide. Currently on the three TLP's that are available you CAN use that bag, so why would it not be allowed for the one that is upcoming? DBG states on their main page that "Purchasable once per account on Time-Locked Progression servers (or any other server)!"

So since the new server falls into BOTH those categories via it's time-locked..or if they call it something else (like no box server) then it would fall into the ANY other server category, so with this I lean toward that there is more chance then not it will be allowed on the server. Since you claim the item's from your account and the items aren't sold to a specific server then it should be pending when the server launches (if you don't claim it until then). Those are the "known" facts. From here we can all make many hypothesis on what the answer is but until someone who works for DBG gives us an answer, all we have is what we have been given.

As for why I posted the question, I was looking for someone who might of seen a dev post that gave an answer OR maybe someone who watched the live-stream where they answered this question. I wasn't looking for someones "best guess". I am all about your 100% certainty if you post a source or at least explain how you came to 100%. When it comes to my money, I just don't take someones word for it. It's worked for me so far.
    Simone likes this.
  13. Vicus Augur

All good man, and honestly you have a 50% chance of being right still:) I can totally see how you came to your conclusion because I know for the first two days everyone saw the pre-order that said can't be used on the progression server and never scrolled down to see the special deal about that bag for the progression server (horrible web design btw). The special promotion also doesn't seem to have an end date so no one knows if has the same timeline as the pre-order or if it's going to be a permanent thing (also bad website/promotion design).
    Simone likes this.
  14. Machen New Member

Given their history with the RaF accounts on the new TLP's, I wouldn't take any offer they make now as applying to a future server.
  15. Vicus Augur

Yeah Machen that's what I am afraid of as well. I have three accounts I want to purchase these for but just not going to risk it just yet. I am thinking of making a monk thou...so it could make a big difference....bah DBG...you really should be more vocal.
    Simone likes this.
  16. jeskola pheerie

Why do you assume it is so easy to create instanced versions of all the old world stuff? Also, maybe DBG likes seeing the 60-page threads....
  17. Tudadar Augur

Lol a 40 slot bag at start of tlp vs 3 months into TLP is nothing compared to the insane RAF bonuses. There really is no reason for them to not allow it on the new server.
    Simone likes this.
  18. Tulgin Augur

Don't think he said it was easy. But they are going to make it, so when that happens just pop it onto RF and LJ and stop all the drama and quitting.
  19. squidgod Augur

$

$

$
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

At least Mr. Colbert's game was honest about it:

[IMG]
    Agrippa and GuadoX like this.