4-503 error when trying play.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Wredd Wrydder, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Wredd Wrydder New Member

[IMG]
    Original text

Contribute a better translation

Getting 4-503 error when trying to play. I clicked on the link provided and followed the instructions, which were:
    If you are getting this error, you will need to remove the cookies from your launchpad.

They are located in one of these locations:

LaunchPad.libs/Cache directory
    LaunchPad.libs\LaunchPad.Cache\Cookies:

Delete these 2 files:
    • Cookies
    • Cookies-journal

Still getting a 4-503 error
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

3. Wredd Wrydder New Member

4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

First of all the oldest IT help tip in the book: Power-cycle your modem and router
    (switch off for 60 seconds then back on)

Install all of your most recent Windows Updates. The most recent launchpad version requires assets from the most recently available Windows updates package and will likely not run unless your operating system is fully updated.

Run a file check from the EQ Launcher
    (HOW? - https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...73-How-do-I-validate-game-files-in-EverQuest-)

Add launchpad.exe & eqgame.exe to the exceptions or white-list for your anti-virus & firewall - especially if you are using Windows Defender as this is known to often block connections to EQ.

Reset your Internet Options:
    Even if you use Firefox, Google Chrome or another web browser to surf the internet, the LaunchPad runs off of Internet Explorer settings. Follow these steps to reset your Internet Options which may improve LaunchPad performance.

Go to Start, then your Control Panel.
    Click on Internet Options.
    Click on the Advanced Tab.
    Click on Reset.
    Check the box Delete Personal Settings, and then OK.
    Go back to Internet Options to the Advanced Tab, scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certification Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk".
    Click OK.

Clear the LaunchPad Cache
    Navigate to the directory of the game you are trying to play and open the launchpad.libs folder. Delete the launchpad.cache folder and relaunch the LaunchPad again.

Flush DNS (reset internet connection)

Navigate to the desktop. (From Home, tap or click the Desktop tile).
    Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left).
    Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes.

Note: If you are asked for an administrative login, you will need to contact your system administrator.
    Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.
    Type "ipconfig /registerdns" and press Enter.
    Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter.
    Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter.
    Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter.
    Restart the computer.
    Stymie likes this.
  5. Wredd Wrydder New Member

Thanks Skuz. Fiddling with the Internet Options did the trick. I appreciate the assist.
    Skuz and Stymie like this.