3rd party programs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zarakii, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zarakii Augur

wish there was an dislike button ^
  2. Battleaxe Augur

Progression raid guilds don't beat their heads against Arx Mentis for a year. They don't beat event #1 three times in a year. They progress.

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/index.php?expansion=TDS

87 with some kind of progression event under their belt some time in recent memory
    47 beating event #1. The 40 that didn't - not current content progression raid guilds
    90% of those beating event #1 beat event #2. The 10 % that didn't - they get a 'D' on the Bell curve.
    27 beating the expansion before the next is released.

I claim those who don't make the chart or barely make it are barely current content raiders. IMO calling them raid guilds, lower tier or mid tier raid guilds is an exaggeration. The mid-tier is at Event #3.

Basically I'm saying family/casual guilds don't emulate raid gjuilds. Since they know what it takes and members don't want to do that they choose their outcome and most apparently are satisfied with that..
  3. Voxynn Elder

TDS raids
    Valhalla
    TDS 1 (2015-01-13)
    TDS 2 (2015-02-10)
    TDS 3 (2015-02-24)
    TDS 4 (2015-03-24)
    TDS 5 (2015-06-02)

Realm of Insanity
    TDS 1 (2014-10-29)
    TDS 2 (2014-11-12)
    TDS 3 (2014-11-12)
    TDS 4 (2014-11-26)

Date of RoI's Arx clearing videos being put out there .. 2015-01-04..

I'm 100% completely sure, that your guild is not on RoI's level. Curiously enough your FIRST TDS downed event (according to Elite gamers lounge) is AFTER .. RoI's first Twitch video's on how to Beat the Expansion.

So .. come again ?
  4. Iila Augur

TDS 2, 3 and 4 were all beaten on the 12th. #5 was on the 26th. IL and Triton are the only guilds to beat #4 before we beat #5.
    Vetplayer likes this.
  5. Zarakii Augur

we had some hiccups doesnt mean we cant compete what about all those guilds who find elitegamers lounge to be silly and dont bother with it? my point is one guild who gets all the hype doesnt really mean the best guild there is i dont speak for everyone in valhallah but having been here for 4 months now i can assure you our core raid force can do it too so long as people dont get so damn bored of content and stop logging in

also im not gonna keep arguing in this thread this has become so redundant at this point
  6. Laronk Augur

Well to be fair there was a lot of guild drama re FNF where all of the players from FNF are now either gone, in vahallah or in prosperitas so at the start of the expansion Vahallah which is a fairly new guild is much different than it is now likewise with prosperitas. I don't think they're going to steal the number 1 slot but they're going to be pretty high up there this time around.
  7. Laronk Augur

I think Vahallah and Prosperitas will both be pretty high in the rankings this time around Minato
  8. Stubar Augur

Just to chime in on the beta raid "helping" guilds. RoI did not beta raid PoWar and was the ONLY guild to beat it and have it on farm before the nerf and IIRC another "top end guild" beta'd it.

RoI did not beta the Triune God event and was the only guild to farm that godforsaken event week after week before the "save" spots.

It's about a team coming together and working with each other. Plain and simple, they just figured out the formula for that, as well as group synergy and such.
    Bahdah likes this.
  9. segap Augur

Leadership and cohesion > individual skill. Keeping your members showing up and focused is part of the leadership part.

Having been in the top guild of its era and now in a "top 10", I can say there's a big gap between "best" and one of the better. If I had to guess, I'd bet that there are probably only about 3 really good guilds in the game today and then a handful of good guilds. The content is not all that difficult. I'd say that an average (mid tier) raid guild should be done with TDS. Those that are not are below average (or emerging).
  10. Motherlee Augur

Just FYI. "Those" people have been helping code for Everquest for years. Like Rune00 says, many improvements came from that community. Another one is more ways to gate. When they take all need for hack programs away, hack programs will have no reason to exist.
  11. Motherlee Augur

Yeah, you all go start your own thread arguing about who has the biggest .
    rune00, Maurasi and Elricvonclief like this.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I must be reading this wrong. Sounds to me you are saying players don't have enough ways to gate so that is one reason to use cheating programs?

These http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Teleportation_items aren't enough?
  13. Koryu Professional Roadkill

No. Their argument is that there are multiple ways to Gate in the game right now as a result of third party programs figuring it out for the devs. There is a host of convenient current game features that exist now because third party programs were able to code it when the EQ devs thought it was impossible with the game's code but then were proven wrong. If enough of those convenience features are incorporated into the game, there will be fewer people using the third party programs.
  14. frankie78227 Augur

There is no way to rid EQ of 3rd party programs without a stance change on I-box-r. Find it, ban for it, and likely kill off EQ.
  15. Ghubuk Augur

Well, they need to code the convenience of being able to play the game without actually being there........................Oh wait, never mind, they already did. Guess its time to just wait for DBG to add it as well.
  16. Battleaxe Augur

I seriously doubt that 3rd party programs used to cheat made possible changes to EverQuest that otherwise would have been impossible. That smacks of bank robbers made it possible for alarm system manufacturers to make better alarm systems to me.

The facts are many changes are intuitively obvious and don't initially take place because they are deemed contrary to the spirit of the game, aren't a priority, or etc.

We owe 3rd party programs for autofire? No we do not.
    1. It's no more obscure/mysterious than auto-attack. If you can do one you can do the other.
    2. Like melody the case is made by the playing the UI/carpal tunnel syndrome argument.

We owe the cheating program developers for ghost killing, botting, and a host of other maladys that have plagued EQ. Auto-fire, make all tradeskilling, gating (there was more than one method early on - see Druid/Wizard ports, fire pots, portals, BP clicks, procs, etc.), mercs, etc. not so much.

I'll hack or use hacks on a single player game all day long if I want to.
    I will not hack or use hacks in a multi-player game - that's flat out wrong to do.
    moogs likes this.
  17. Motherlee Augur

Oh lord. Not this crap again! Once and for all ISB is NOT related to the program we are talking about. Get it through your head that ISB IS LEGAL. LEGAL LEGAL LEGAL. Can you hear me now?
  18. mackal Augur

That isn't true. The rest of the statement is fine though.
  19. Motherlee Augur

That too. I'm saying the number of people using illegal gate methods pointed out a need for more gate methods. Gate potions were expensive and could fail. The Stein Anniversary mission fulfilled that need for people who did not have Throne of Heroes. Now there's no excuse for anyone not to be able to gate at least once an hour.

Autocombines, (I don't know if they came from the autofire program) came about because there was a need for it. The management looks at what hacks are popular to know what unmet needs there are in the game. Like compasses and maps!
  20. frankie78227 Augur

You are missing the point. ISB is only legal because DBG says it is. It is still a 3rd party program and the point is that eliminating it would only hurt EQs bottom line and might even kill the game. A change in DBG policy on the matter, might gravely impact the ability to maintain a paying populace.

No need to get your undies all twisted and become obnoxious for no reason.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.