35-50 second delay in raids

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

ToL T3 raiding I am experiencing delay on anything I do. Turn on attack, clicking a disc, clicking a spell.
    Running away I see myself run away but I am still fighting when the target should be to far. It is acting as if I'm standing at the npc fighting it but I am halfway cross the zone.

Unplayable.
    (I did put in a support ticket)
    Takacat, Verily Tjark, Swiss and 2 others like this.
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Just curious... do you use ANY in-game audio triggers? (not GINA, the actual EQ style ones)
  3. Dropfast Augur

There are many things that can cause this but the biggest culprit is now log interval 0. It does not play well with some SSD hard drives. Including mine. Try /loginterval 1. The difference is night and day for me. Goes from completely un-playable to smooth as butter.

Also make sure Journal logging is off. Causes huge lag as it tries to log every little thing said in the game.
    As Veteran said above, in game audio triggers can also cause huge lag as it is scanning every little thing done in raids to search for those lines.

My guess it's one of those 3 or a combination of them.
    MasterMagnus and Axxius like this.
  4. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

No, not that are current. I think I have a; tells you,
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

What on earth is /loginterval 1 :)? EDIT I'm reading about it now.
    How do I turn off Journal log? :)

I'm figuring you are on the right track because my normal grouping is fine.

This bug I am experiencing ( stopping me from raiding ) is about 2 weeks old. My hardware has not changed. I'm using M.2 nvme drives.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The tells EQ to cache writes to the logfile and only write them every 1 second vs writing every line immediately.

It helps with performance and prolongs the life of your SSD, but it does mean things like audio triggers can be delayed by an additional second, so instead of 10 seconds from emote to being hit by spell, you have 9 seconds.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Hit ALT-J, and make sure "Enable Journal" is EMPTY not filled in.

Also I'd highly recommend if you do use GINA that you enable log maintenance features, archiving your log on at least a weekly basis, or perhaps even daily to see if it helps you any.
  8. niente Developer

Some of us have also been having issues - if applicable to you, our issues seem specific to Cox in San Diego. In-game it seems to only affect certain raid situations (lots of incoming packets).
    Proximoe, RPoo, minimind and 4 others like this.
  9. talayen New Member

I also experienced this on Sunday night in Umbral raids. Every action was delayed by 30+ seconds making it completely unplayable.

I am also a Cox San Diego customer.. is there some sort of workaround?
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  10. Waive New Member

Same thing here.. but in FL. Also have done all Dropfast said and its a beefy computer/wifi setup.
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Cox San Diego... yep that's my location.
    Thank you Niente
    niente likes this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have Cox in San Diego and my zoning times are running 3-4 times normal tonight. Even this website is taking a very long time to load. Hope it goes away soon.

The lag-o-meter shows 130ms instead of my usual reading in the 60's too.

Cox's internet speed test shows 59.4 download and 3.0 upload.

Now 172 ms Highest number ever for me with cable. Reminds me of dial-up days a bit.
    minimind likes this.
  13. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Have you guys contacted COX and reported the issue?
    COX wants to come to my residence and check my line stating they see my modem restart ever 10 mins.. I think if it is an entire area it will have nothing to do with my residence specifically. I also don't see my modem lights going down once every 10 minutes. (he lied) . So have you folks reported the issue to COX and what was done or outcome of that please ?

Thanks !
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Lag has been worse lately, I'm in the UK so its not COX.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Lag on AB has always been worse than normal, whenever there is an xp-bonus. I expect the lag to improve again now that the bonus is gone.
  16. Moak The Most High

I am in south carolina. Zoning on sunday was more in the 6-10 minute range. Many people in raid were stuck zoning so long they got kicked and had to log back in. Lag when you are actually in zone is horrible as well. I was watching my melee and pets attacks swinging like every 15 or so seconds instead of teh constant spam that it normally is until the past few weeks. In group situations other than long zoning times its not that bad- but in raid? it makes me wonder why we are bothering. The lag needs to be fixed, not blamed on a california internet company.
  17. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

5 minute delay on my spell cast window refreshing from clicking a spell during a raid just now.

I once again have to leave the raid .

I want answers!

It's been friggn two weeks!
    Have any idea how many DKP I'm behind right now??

I am purchasing hundreds of dollars of DB store items and such, and paying to play.. I deserve an update.
  18. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

About three fiddy!

First time, I had this happen, I had to find a special uninstaller to purge some EQ registry entries.

Second time, I was trying to help someone with GINA triggers and accidentally dumped them into audio triggers.

The difference was, the first time, whatever account was in the background when the raid engaged got "frozen" and slowly lagged out until it was beyond absurdity. The second time, it only affected the character with the AT_TriggerGroupName_CharName_Server.ini but happened much much quicker and in relation to the number of actions/events happening.
    (note: turning off logging does not stop the AT file from parsing incoming events)
  19. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I don't understand what DBG is supposed to do about Cox's problem. Have you tried contacted Cox and asked what they are doing to rectify your connectivity issue..?
  20. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

As you see below, it is not to rectify MY connectivity issue... it is also said in answers/replies here on this thread that even others around the world are having issues. YES I have contacted COX.. have gone through troubleshooting , t1, t2 tech support. Modem swap out (cost me $180!!). Cox is comming next week. What has Daybreak done? Have they called COX?
    "Some of us have been having issues .." Who? staff or players or both, so if staff what has the company resolved with COX?

Understand now Sirene_Fippy :)? (Respectively speaking).