3 months is too fast...6 months is too slow...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Riptide666, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Riptide666 Elder

Make a 4 or 4.5 month server. A good compromise leaves everyone angry.

IMO a 4 month, static expansion release (except if bosses aren't dead), everything instanced with a minimum of 3 instances up at all times would be ideal.

The pace is slow enough for casual, fast enough to rush, and multiple instances means people don't unsub sitting on their thumbs because every spawn in PoH A and F is dead. (well, everything except what has to be pet walled)

Scrap that ridiculous no-bot server idea and make this one so.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

LJ should have been 4.5, much more tolerable yet gives the slowtakers an extra month and a half.
  3. Tudadar Augur

I wanted 4.5 months but they got rid of it before the vote happened
    Bandok likes this.
  4. Elkay Augur

I said for a long time that locked 4 months is the sweet spot. 3 expansions a year is a good pace.
  5. AlmarsGuides Augur

6. Greymere Augur

I'm fine with 6 months, it does a lot to discourage the rushing crowd and RMT in era, lets ya really find out who is gonna stick around long term anyhow
    Xanadas likes this.
  7. Finley Augur

Honestly 6 months is probably long enough once there is a ton of content. I just am so done with classic, and I fear Kunark also lacks enough to make 6 months bearable (Epics help if you're able to complete them). I think Velious is going to have so many "tiers" of raiding content that pretty much anyone will be able to participate in some fashion, and by Luclin you have AAs.
  8. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

It does absolutely nothing to discourage RMT in era. The RMT crews will be on any new server regardless of how long or short the unlock duration is, a server that has more casual players will attract more RMT crews, because casual players are the RMT crews best customers. As long as there are people stupid enough to buy items from them, or sell kronos to them, then they will be there.
    Olmstedder likes this.
  9. Tris Augur

We will never get to velious or luclin. Everytime we get close they eill release a new server with a slightly different ruleset.

4 month from the second the expansion is beat snd avoid votes like the plague. There a way to. Manyvoting experts constantly discissing the votes in all chats, but tbh those discusions do nothing hood for the game. So just make a plan and stick to it
  10. Skipper Augur

Yea, I like four months also. Not so much now, we need Kunark, Velious and Luclin. But thereafter 4 months would be ideal.
  11. Finwen Augur

I'm sure Ragefire will continue with the faster unlocks. When Ragefire has Dragons of Norrath by next summer and everyone that couldn't keep up with the bleeding edge playstyle has long since quit, the server will be hella dead as well.
    Elkay likes this.
  12. Vlerg Augur

because there's absolutly no difference between 1 expansion a month when stuff got tons of content in it , and one expansion per 6 month when most of the game revolve around doing nothing for extended period of time....
  13. Finwen Augur

That might be what some people are looking for, but not everyone. Some people probably voted for six month unlocks because they don't have time to play this game non-stop.
  14. Vlerg Augur

this argument is getting old.

the most dedicated player reached lvl 50 in what... 40 hours?

your regular hardcore guy maybe did it in 60, 70?

1 month after release, OoT goblin island / lower guk regulary had 8+ instance up at once, filled with lvl 40+ people...

if after 3 month you can't make it to 50, sorry, we can't tune the game around people who play 1 hour every other week.
    shik likes this.
  15. Finwen Augur

I've been level 50 for a month. I'm not bored yet. Sorry if you have nothing better to do than play EQ and complain that you're bored.
  16. Raelsmar Lorekeeper

While Vlerg is mostly correct in his statement that it doesn't take that long to hit 50, I agree with you Finwen. I don't consider myself hardcore at all and I was able to hit 50 in about two weeks on my first character and that the result of only playing a few hours each weeknight and some on the weekend as well. I now have 4 characters that are 50 or almost 50 and I'm not bored yet. Because each class is different and fun in it's own way and just because I leveled in Upper guk in my 10's, 20's on my first character doesn't mean I have to go there on my 2nd character, when I can go somewhere totally different like Unrest and have a completely different experience from my first character in my march to level 50.

Again I am not disagreeing with Vlerg when he says it doesn't take that much time to hit 50, but there is still stuff to do once you hit 50. Camp gear, hang out with friends/guildmates, do quests (for fun or loot), work on faction, barter with people in Commonlands to buy/sell goods, make another character, help some newbies/lower levels out, etc., etc.

Not everyone knew about these servers and started on them from day 1 either. A lot of people didn't hear about them until word of mouth spread, so they got a later start than some others. Again I've been 50 for a while now, but I have still yet not been able to acquire an SMR for my main because the AM is a bastard and have not even had the chance to camp the Efreeti for GEB's and a Djarn's ring yet because until they instanced Sol B the efreeti was on lockdown 24/7 and even with the instancing of Sol B it's still almost impossible to find Efreeti not camped by a mage box crew or some guild that rotates members in and out of the group as needed so they don't have to give the camp up.

I have friends/family who didn't start in the first week like me who I've had a lot of fun rerolling another character with and leveling with. So you shouldn't expect everyone to be "ready" for Kunark after 3 months or think that everyone is bored of classic already.
  17. Naelbis Elder

I spent 40+ hours over 2-3 weeks of playtime camping Grimrot for the Aegis of Life. I've barely touched the planes so far and I hit 50 3 weeks after servers opened. There is plenty to do in a 6 month unlock, as long as you aren't obsessed with getting to "the end".
    Raelsmar likes this.
  18. Saphfyre Elder

I have been playing on Lockjaw for a little over 1 month and still level 39.

I have been doing Lambent armor quests and working on my lockpicking skills. Still got plenty of time to hit 50 before Kunark.
  19. Pikallo Augur

I've been playing since the servers came up back in May and consider myself hardcore mentality with a casual playtime. I box 3 toons (alt-tab only style) and my dru/mag/enc combo is all level 50. I generally try to level as fast and efficient as possible, but I don't consider myself "obsessed with getting to the end". I started as just mage/dru and leveled to 50, then leveled the enchanter afterward to be able to do more stuff. I also started a monk to mess around with(now lvl 42). I'm currently spending most time trying to push the limits of my 3-man group. I've farmed trash in fear for druid gear(stingy gorgons won't give me a bp), farmed fire giants for masks/crystals and looking to play around in hate at some point too. Although I probably won't get them anytime soon, I'm working on any epic drops I can do at this point (I've killed all the corrupted druid mobs except the seahorse). When I want a more casual session(or want to re-max exp cap from fear/solb deaths) - I'll farm lord/king in guk or PL the monk or just chill in CL and buy/sell stuff.

My point is that everyone has their own story, their own agenda, their own playstyle. People want different things, and thats fine. For me, I have plenty of stuff to do to keep me busy currently, but at the same time - I'm really looking forward to the release of Kunark because ultimately it just means even more stuff to do.
    Elkay likes this.
  20. shik Elder

I agree with vuuil
    Even the most casual of my friends has maxed out at 50 a month ago or so and their interest has been waning as they wait for Kunark. EQ vanilla goes by REAL quick.