3 days down??????

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Febb Augur

Might want to stock up on toilet paper.
  2. dreamweaver Community Manager

There are not, but thanks for the advice.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

A cool bonus (not sure it's easy to apply) would be a kill count bonus. There are some ach's that require killing insane numbers of Halflings. While this was easily accomplished due to my seeking revenge once I was big enough against the mean halfling guards it might be useful for other kill counts we have not completed.
  4. Herf Augur

Soo, 2 days minimum down with no appreciable improvement for playability, lag, bugs, etc. One can then start to wonder, will the added bonus after this backend impact playability in a negative way, i.e. are they switching to even worse/cheaper servers/networks?

I was really happy, genuinely appreciative, for the extra Stomples XP. Now I just wonder if we were being pre-lubed.
  5. Herf Augur

6. Warpeace Augur

Wrong answer :(
    Coagagin and Fenthen like this.
  7. Marton Augur

This crossed my mind :).
  8. Captain Video Augur

Backend migration = their server provider is doing something, and in all likelihood it's out of DBG's control. They're not going to say anything ahead of time to get people's hopes up. Still, I have a few toons crossing their fingers.
  9. Zamiam Augur

hmm I'm working 9 days straight and my next 2 days off will be the 21st and 22nd and your saying the servers wont be back up till prolly midday on the 21st , if at all by then .. I have 3 accounts active on a krono sub and 1 just went silver few days ago was gonna chew a krono but now me thinks i will wait till after the 21st to see what is up .. and my other 3 accounts expire within this next week or 2 ..

with all this downtime I feel another dbl xp weekend is in order and while your doing the monthly patch might want to think about extending the anniversary events another few weeks ..

what DB does during and after this 36 hour back-end maintenance will def determine whether I continue to sub or take 6 months off and wait till next expansion comes out ..

DB ya need to step it up ..

I will say , i give them credit for giving us advance notice ..
  10. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Cice, check our FB page, I posted the announcement there yesterday.
  11. Trogodor New Member

Strange, I've never experienced a scheduled downtime like this in any MMO or online game that I've played in the last 2 decades.. DPG is completely out to lunch
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

ok new member with 2 decades experience
    Deux likes this.
  13. Zinth Augur

maybe some +50% exp and +rare spawns... since the rare spawns we got was so short... and there are so many annoying namers to get *sigh*
  14. feeltheburn Augur

lol all that time down for whatever and they wont address the internal issues.....DBG at it's best loll
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You're on the right track, keep going....

Breakfast, lunch, dinner, then breakfast, and probably lunch. :)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Herf like this.
  16. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I can't stress enough how much bonus exp makes any possible inconvenience seem trivial. If you can't avoid the pain, at least enjoy the soothing remedy.
  17. Hamshire Augur

Could also merg LDoN into PoP/LoY launch for TLP so we aren't stuck in PoP for another five months
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As long as they remember the downtime is during the week, those who lose out on week day downtime don't necessarily play at the weekend.
  19. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

True, maybe bonus exp for 48 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday of the following week. Not sure how bonus exp turns on and off and whether it needs a patch/downtime to flip the switch.
  20. kalei New Member

Honest question then if you are not going to provide bonus exp or anything of the nature to alleviate a 36 hr downtime are you going to atleast refund 1.5 days of our subscription?
    Fenthen likes this.