3 Box Combo Advice

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Shaydoe_Nyte, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Shaydoe_Nyte New Member

My first 3 box was an SK,SHM,Bard, which I still play and enjoy a lot. I am starting another 3 box (because I am an alt-aholic).

Last night I made a Enchanter, Mage, Cleric with 2 rouges and a cleric merc. I noticed after finishing the merc upgrade quest, that I never switched over to my cleric at all that night, the merc did a great job healing. Granted pulls never got out of hand, it went as smooth as could be.

Would I be better playing something else in place of the cleric? Maybe a Druid for ports, speed, buffs or a Wiz for more dps and ports? Also, should I just run 2 caster mercs instead of rouge?
  2. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

This is one of the most common questions asked here :) I'd consider doing a search for "box group", and check the "Search titles only" checkbox.

But if you aren't playing your cleric, I would drop him. I personally run with a druid when I box, but I also use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. For clarity, that is I S Boxer :)
  3. Treiln Augur

Quick answer: yes go with something other than a cleric for that set up.

My advice: Druid, Mage, Wizard

Druid: Ports, good damage, back up healing, good synergy in a caster group
    Mage: surprising what can be done when you start stacking mages
    Wizard: Ports and lots of dead mobs

Merc: dps wise = caster mercs have been my preferred choice. Seem to do more damage in the long run.
  4. Tucoh Augur

At level 105 at least, going from a sk/shm/brd to a group without a tank is a pretty huge downgrade.

You'll improve your 3box setup by replacing anyone, cleric or no, in your group with your SK (or a warrior).

If you're not interested in repeating your previous setup, I'd recommend replacing the cleric with a druid like you're thinking. The druid can provide healing/debuffing on difficult fights, and can support with DPS most of the time. Ports aren't that important, but track is.

With a druid healing/debuffing, your enchanter debuffing and your mage cycling their pet cooldowns appropriately I think you'll do OK against EoK (and the next expansion's) named mobs and will be able to sustain OK dps against everything else, but you'll never even approach how strong a sk/shm/bard group is.
  5. Lheo Augur

there is no group mob an good earthpet cant handle ;)