2nd Tower of Rot group mission.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fnyanea, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Narknon Augur

Interrupts because of movement
  2. Brohg Augur

no it doesn't, NPCs have infinite Channeling ability. Movement doesn't affect their casting at all. Not one little bit, never has.
  3. Tual Augur

I've still yet to see anyone who legitimately wants help (hey guys, this is the group I've been going with and this is where we die...any advice?)

Get a group of good players and you'll win. An optimal group of mediocre players wont get the job done where a less than optimal group of good to hardcore players will burn it. You need to learn stuff from each wipe or you're just wasting time.
  4. Daislet Augur

This is what I thought also.
    The only way to interrupt would be a Bash or a Stun, and the beguilers are not Stunnable.

Hence why I asked for a log showing me that the Slumber is infact interruptable. I'll try Grappling Strike next few runs and see if that works.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

Its the movement effect that does it.
  6. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

There's no message when beguilers are interrupted, I did find this though:

[Thu Jul 24 00:59:04 2014] a beguiler begins to cast a spell. <Slumber>
    [Thu Jul 24 00:59:06 2014] a beguiler regains concentration and continues casting.

It's definitely interruptable, at least by melee or pushing the mob etc.

If anyone having trouble with this mission uses GINA, this might be useful to you -

When each miniboss spawns, Bayle shouts. This is the beginning of the 90s add timer (I use a repeating timer) for each mini. Repeating timer should end upon <boss> has been slain, zoning message, and kyle shouting the next spawn. You can set the timer to warn you 5, 10s ahead of time that an add is spawning.

Lord Kyle Bayle shouts 'You fight well, but I am not surprised that it has come to this. Harron, your presence is required!'
    Lord Kyle Bayle's voice echoes through the hall, 'Very well, Whitson, perhaps you can succeed in Harron's stead.'
    Lord Kyle Bayle's voice rings with concern, 'Belyea, it's up to you now.'

If a group cant handle 2 adds at once, you really need to control your DPS so that you aren't getting HP based adds and timed adds at the same time.
  7. Brohg Augur

no it doesn't, NPCs have infinite Channeling ability. Movement doesn't affect their casting at all. Not one little bit, never has.
  8. Brohg Augur

nope, still not this.
  9. Langya Augur

Clearly you have upset the balance...

Now everything's ruined.
  10. darvio New Member

gotta love some Faith No More=)
  11. Ravengloome Augur

^^^^^ That is exactly what i Do as well.
  12. Agrippa Augur

After seven wipes, finally beat this one. Had me tanking bosses, as a paladin, a beastlord tanking the trash, magician, cleric, shaman, and wizard. Pets also tanked trash if we got more than one at a time, but that was rare. Shaman was timing event and we controlled health of bosses so we didn't have multiple adds popping. I tanked most of the time with no weapon equipped.

Paladin was sitting around 150k hp and 12k ac buffed (we were all overgeared for the content). I got mezzed once, but was cured quickly. Beastlord died at that point, but recovered quickly (no staunch). Cleric used at least four quiet miracles on paladin and he seemed to be the main one struggling with mana (aside of beastlord dying). It was a *long* event, but we were playing it very carefully. Paladin joined the purple club two or three times when nothing defensive was going.

I'm looking forward to doing it again, but I think the tuning is off. In ways, it was similar to King Xorbb's mission, but much harder. I think if they lowered the difficulty to such that it would be similar to King Xorbb's mission, it'd be tuned about right. I have no idea what to recommend to developers to make it so, other than, perhaps, having the mez curable by a priest's group casting and, maybe, get rid of the health based adds. I wouldn't want it nerfed to the point that any three players and their mercs can steamroll it, but a well rounded group of average skilled players in cotf t1 group gear should have a chance at it.
  13. Makavien Augur

The tuning is a bit off .

Toning down the rate the adds cast their abilities would make a world of difference and allowing the beguilers to be interrupted would also help.

You can not interrupt them with grappling strike. Throat jab doesn't even help.

You can chain cure the tank when they spawn though.

You can use pets to counter the slumber.

Missions requiring 2 tanks plus 2 healers is pretty out of balance from the get go.

1 warrior in full raid gear I ran out of endurance 3 times to where I had to fade and let a pet tank while I hit rest no biggy for me but for a group geared warrior this mission would be totally ridiculous. Especially when hit by Time to Bleed.

We survived but we had all raid geared 2 clerics 1 shaman 1 mage 1 warrior and 1 beastlord.

We were waiting on paragon , horn clicks , and even using chaotic jesters in order to have mana and endurance.

The other bad part of this mission is it's highly optimal to bring melee dps over caster dps just how the event works. Other then mages that is. Necros dots would require way too many recasts.

I am not sure how to fix that problem but there has to be a way.

Completing the achievements the way this mission is right now requires a very perfect set up group and some luck.

And one point to add that's only semi related you have NOT been able to interrupt spells since planes of power by pushing an npc. Once they realized we could do this they quickly raised the channeling so high you could pull the npc 500 feet in any direction from where they started casting and they would still channel through it. The most memorable encounter where you could see how true this is, Mad Mary in Por where the tank could walk tank her back and fourth on the bridge.
  14. Makavien Augur

The add timer in the group mission was never nerfed so you are missing 1 add every 45 secs if your using a 90 second timer.
  15. Vlerg Augur

I'm glad you think that way.

I've done this mission a dozen of time as a wizard and everytime I brought a melee guy with me, it felt like a major handicap, a dead weight we had to carry( enchanter-tank-mage-healer-wiz+ dead weight). the lack of support means crap DPS from them... added to the general squishiness of melee... I felt bad for them, hence why I'm glad someone actually found a way to make it work with melees =)
  16. Kreacher Augur

I agree with you :)

I'm guessing for the 2nd/3rd mini's they are ploughing through and then AE melee DPSing the adds.
    However, if someone of Makavien's caliber has to "Rest" 3 times throughout the event for endurance, then Berserkers would be seriously handicapped as they use endurance heavily and can only fade out occasionally. (maybe they "leave" and med outside - actually that prolly do do that - i can't see them being able to sustain it otherwise for the duration of this event :) )

Hindsight tho - he listed a Bst as the melee DPS. They are pretty self sufficient and can also cast via range if need be as well as pet contributing to chunk to their DPS.
  17. Vlerg Augur

that's one of the point people usually bring up... they are scared of running out of mana / endurance with only 1 tank or only 1 healer...they have a hard time believing that 4 DPS can burn trough this event soo quick, they won't run out of anything.
  18. Iila Augur

Having dps that doesn't pour their mana directly on the ground helps. We did battle royal with a ranger and I for dps. Both of us burned every mana recovery we had plus a bunch of Lon mana potions. Having more group mana recovery from classes like mage, necro, or beast is a huge boon.
  19. Ravengloome Augur

^ 5 DPS if you use a pet class to offtank

Turn and Burn method works, it can get ugly fast if mistakes or miscalculations are made, but it works.
  20. Arwyn-RoV Augur

I support tuning this down some. Its hard to imagine a group in group level gear beating this unless they have flawless execution and the perfect group makeup. That plus it quite long. Mobs there hit as hard as their raid version counterparts.

While I enjoy a diversity in skill being required to do various things in EQ, it seems odd that this is the hardest mission in the game. The other CotF missions pale in comparison.
    Elricvonclief likes this.