2box?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by sultanen, Feb 21, 2023.

1. sultanen New Member

Hi guys,

I want to play sk/shm 2box bc I love the classes.
    Can i box them with mercs to 120?
    Iam not gonna add a 3box, just wanna know if a sk/shm 2box would get me all the way?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I did it with a ranger and enchanter. Both were paid accounts so mercs were top level.

Also got the mercs armor and AA to help them. Your armor and heroic stats need to be kept up with too.

But they are struggling in NOS yard trash now but I am really bad at setting up hot keys for the enchanter so I could do better if I put my mind to it.
  3. Alnitak Augur

Yes, they can. Now, would they?
    SK/SHM duo has awesome tanking plus healing performance. What they are lagging at - dps. Specifically - current era dps. Trash mobs nova days easily average 70 million HPs. Decently geared SK optimistically dishes out 300-400K sustained dps, depending on gear/development. And that is from top-level SKs. Average "also-level-120" mid-tier shadowknight does 200-250K sustained. Shaman (who heals the tank) and melee dps mercs may add 150K'ish dps each. If all things go right.
    That produces maybe 600-700K dps for the group. about 2 minute fight per common trash mob.
    Doable, but annoyingly slow, considering that you would get 0.05-0.06 % of level experience per kill.

I have multiple group and raid logs to be confident - those numbers are cheerful and optimistic. "Average" characters (i.e. commonly available group gear and middle-of-the-pack AA's and advancements) do measurably worse.

Starting from RoS (that is lvl 110) some missions have various dps-tresholds to clear to succeed. And those start from 1 mil dps and quickly escalate to beyond 2+ million dps. Yes, those are burn numbers, but with 200mil+ boss HP even awesome and wonderful HarmTouch is not making a big dent.

To be clear - raid geared SK backed by a well-developed shaman can pull a miracle or two and do some amazing things. But it is very very hard to get to that level. Majority of group-level SK's are not even as good of tanks as pets are. You'll be facing a hard uphill battle with that duo.
    Strongly consider adding a bard, even a silver-level bard will significantly increase the group dps and will provide extra merc to increase it even more. And bards are very hands-off boxes.
    Quatr likes this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Since both accounts will be all-access, I assume:

XP should never be set to leveling. Just have it 100% to AAs, and use Overseer to level, as well as whatever ToV+ progression you can get done. Way less frustrating, and way faster to catch up with the rest of the crowd.

Obviously, this is once you hit 110. Prior to that you will get auto-grant, so you can have XP set to leveling, AND do Overseer.
  5. Barbwarrior Augur

why wouldnt you add a bard for songs track fade mez? and extra merc
    Tatanka likes this.
  6. uberkingkong Augur

Necro Necro I believe synergy can go off of 2 necros?
    If you want to be well rounded, go with Necro Paladin, use necro pet for tanking and paladin as backup and primary duty is cleansing cures and healing.

Good insight video to get an idea of what you can do as a necro
  7. Vlahkmaak Augur

I'd consider adding a free to play melody box bard for buffs and added dps on a 3rd account.