24th Anniversary Mission Rewards

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MagicMysteryTour, Mar 17, 2023.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Complaint Department has received your feedback. Please know we value your opinion. The augmentation reward drop rate will be reduced by 90% to ease the burden of storing augs in your bags and clicking the destroy button. We hope this change finds all our players happier! Thanks for playing EverQuest!
    Metanis likes this.
  2. Alena Elder

Fear and Angst.... the permanent burden of more than 80% of the population on this planet.... but what would we be if we wouldn't had that sweet spot of panic... we would have missed the last 3 years so much... :p
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yes. Ok. Moving on.
  4. Warpeace Augur

What's the minimum level a toon can get into the mission?
  5. Beltirabelkira Elder

The acolyte's casting magic has lore group "Whispering Selenelion acolyte's casting.
    The TBL one is Whispering midnight casting.

Completely different lore groups.
  6. Brickhaus Augur

Okay, go ahead and try to equip both. I'll wait...

...still waiting...

While we're waiting, let me guess ... you looked at an old screenshot on a website to determine the lore group ... or worse ... you did it from memory without actually checking the older item. Because if you did, you would have realized that they updated the TBL augs with the new lore groups.

The trick is looking at the lore group names - Whispering (from TBL) Selenelion (from anniversary/NoS) xxxxx.

And yes, this was meant to be a little pissy.
  7. Beltirabelkira Elder

Oh my apologies, I was using the old one from lucy's listing. Did not realize they updated the old ones to be the same lore group.
  8. Stephen51 Augur

Would I be right in thinking that the NoS crafted 18/19's are no trade? Meaning unlike all of the other tradeskills a tradeable container is created using tradeskills, and then combined with a dropped part to make the final item? So without tradeskills (Jewelcraft?) you cannot make yourself type 18 or 19 augs?
  9. Tegila Augur

No. And yes.

They're no trade, but no container. The Crafted NOS 18/19 just uses a normal ts container. The mission rewards aren't crafted
  10. Lilfella Elder

I've been doing this mission on lockout and seem to get the same two augs, with the melee proc being the last 3. My necromancer guildmate also gets the same two.

Is there something determining what drops? Normally I don't get into the conspiracies - but something seems odd with these.
  11. Brickhaus Augur

Complaining helps. It helped me. I got 4 attacking augs in the first 10 and complained in some thread on the forums. I got zero attacking and 4 enhancements in the next 12.

So now that you have complained on the forums, you should get what you want soon.

In all seriousness, I've noticed some clustered non-randomness ... at least that's what it feels like. But I think I've gotten all augs at least once except for the warding one. Small sample sizes suck.

It would have been better if you could choose the aug, or at least have 3 possible drops that let you choose between a certain number ... like a casting option, a protection option and an attacking option.
    Knifen, Sprooce and Lilfella like this.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

[IMG]

OK, now what?
    Svann2 and Tucoh like this.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I hate to break it to you but the Anniversary items have rarely been best in slot. Occasionally, an Aug was one of the better augs, but the the top end raid items of the expansion in question were usually still bis, but for people wanting an alternative build.
  14. Soulbanshee Augur

I said augs, not items.
  15. Brickhaus Augur

Great! You've shown that lore groups break when something is changed initially.

I hope nothing happens to your items once the game finally decides to not allow that anymore.
  16. Flatchy Court Jester

Does that mean you are done waiting? ;)
  17. Tucoh Augur

this will be a somber upgrade to make :D Probably worth keeping it at its current level.
  18. Brickhaus Augur

I play Everquest. I'm never done waiting.
    Nennius, adetia and Flatchy like this.