24th Anniversary Mission Rewards

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MagicMysteryTour, Mar 17, 2023.

1. MagicMysteryTour Journeyman

Is there any plan to have this mission stick around permanently or to have the augments player crafted from the NoS 18 drop in addition to dropping from this mission?

I can't be the only one who is very busy IRL atm and don't get much play in this time of year. So I am hoping these augments are not only around for this limited time considering how many drop and the RNG. I have already had duplicates twice and gotten melee or tank augments when I only have casters.
  2. Riou EQResource

The anniversary event lasts for like 2 months
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Not to mention it only takes 20minutes to run the mission. This complaint seems out of place IMO. Anniversary's only been live for like two days LOL.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

I'm just glad I'm filling my bags with the worst possible augs and not getting the ones that I actually want.
    Any chance to sell them for anniversary currency, or having options as to which aug we receive, or anything else to do with stupid caster augs as a melee?
  5. Alnitak Augur

Suggestion - build a crew of alts and boxes of various classes and you'll have nothing left to rot. All those hungry mouthes will need feeding.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

which of course doesn't fix the problem
    Cadira likes this.
  7. Alnitak Augur

Nope, it does not. It replaces some miniscule problem with a pletora of hard problems.
  8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

You have to /dance, remember when waiting for a namer to spawn.. you do the namer dance!
    Aiona likes this.
  9. Cicelee Augur

We can only hope that after two months, recipes are added for type 18s to make the augs that drop in mission. In the past, these augs were available all year round. Would be a shame to limit them to just two months.

And WRU type 19 recipes for the same augs that drop in mission?
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

When an aug has been introduced in anniversary, its always BIS at the time, and its always around for only 2 months. The 18s focus are just 1% better than the Whispering Midnight ones and the stats are just marginally better, I don't think that will be make or break for the rest of the year.

What type 19 in missions? Theres recipes for NoS type 19 from the drop from raid zone trash.
  11. Cicelee Augur

The mission augs don't replace Whispering Midnight, unless I am mistaken. As a caster, you want as many proc augs to max DPS. This is a new precedent for having these special type 18 augs available for only two months- in the past, they were available year round.

My comment about the type 19 is that, to my knowledge, there is no type 19 recipes for procs, defense, soothing, etc in this expansion. I have read rumors but have not heard they were officially in game. The anniversary type 18 augs are procs, defense, soothing, etc. Hence why I asked where those recipes are for the raid versions
  12. Brickhaus Augur

You are mistaken.

Acolyte's Casting Magic of the Selenelion is the same lore group as Whispering Midnight Casting Fire. Cannot equip both.
    Sancus and Fenthen like this.
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

Anniversary is lore equipped group with Whispering Midnight of the same groupings, so they are replacements. You can loot both, you cannot equip both. Its a 1% focus increase and a 10 AC, 90HP, and 2 heroic upgrade.
  14. Alena Elder

Highly disappointing...
    You can loot them....
    you can insert the aug (despite Lore Group)...
    after zoning the "lore group item" is in your inventory and it complains about lore group....

I would have known that earlier.. nothing in the patch notes... a wasted run... another 6h lock out...
    gosh that game sometimes is really nerving...

So DGB changed all old TBL tags to Selenelion (NoS) and nowhere intel about that - I call that a hidden nerf... they know how they steal our time with such things... gratz... they learned from Facebook and Co...
    Metanis and Kaenneth like this.
  15. Cicelee Augur

You are correct. I was mistaken. Learned this morning, got the casting aug, got a warning about the lore group.

It is fine, it is an upgrade from the TBL group casting proc. Plus it works on all spells, not just fire. I notice lucky crits are 9.5k higher in damage than prior after focus effects and such, so I will live with it.
  16. Cicelee Augur

Are you complaining that you upgraded your TBL aug? You may not be able to use both, but I wouldn't call upgrading an old aug a waste...
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. Alena Elder

nope, I complained about no warning...
    did a bug report
    normally there should be a warning and inserting the aug shouldnt be possible

But I could loot it, I could insert it, after zoning the equipped item was in the inventory.
    So its a warning for everybody - check the new lore group changes which are nowhere mentioned in the patch notes.

oh.. btw.. I would call this "upgrade" nearly unrelevant... 4 xpac difference and 1% focus change...this is disappointing. Having it additionally would be worth thinking about it. But that makes these evolving items from the past the more unattractive.
  18. Warpeace Augur

The lore equipped groups are clearly listed on both the old and new augs.

The only part of your bug report that has merit is the new aug was allowed to be inserted while the old lore group equipped aug was still inserted. That should not have happened.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  19. Alena Elder

I had a really nice Enhancement of the Selenelion drop which is a real upgrade.
    Because I read some posts that people got the warning I assume this is only a thing with this Lore Group "Whispering Selenelion Acolyte's Casting".

#

Clearly is obviously a different thing.
    Changes in old stuff should be noted in the patch notes, fullstop.
    Else most will expect that the old does not change to "Selenelion" because this word is introduced in NoS.
    Kaenneth and Svann2 like this.
  20. Riou EQResource

The 19s don't exist yet and they haven't updated the old TBL lore groups to the new ones