20th Anniversary 3rd TLP Non-Truebox server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Parva, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Parva Lorekeeper

DBG can you please consider making a 3rd TLP where boxers can come and sub all their 1000s of accounts to play on? A lot of us have been requesting this for years now. Make the xp hard/easy, FV loot rules yes or/no, AoC or not, I dont care. I would just like a progresion server where i can box my 6 accounts without having to buy 6 computers to do it with. I am an ultra casual player
    I do not care to raid I do love grouping but also love boxing. Please make a 3rd server (Boxers playground) where I can progress from classic as I missed the boat on Ragefire and Lockjaw.
  2. PwnQuest Augur

Nope - there are other servers you can do that on, like Live EQ. Multiboxing allows for too much abuse.
  3. Parva Lorekeeper

Umm no there
    Umm no there isnt. Tell me what TLP server is in classic that I can box on? Really Abuse? How about the 100s of Trueboxers that are still abusing the economy and griefing players still on Agnarr,Coirnav, and Phini. Please dont tell me there isnt any abuse, because you are only lieing to yourself or you are one of those krono farming boxers who has a vested interest in keeping the truebox code. For one Selos and and Mangler now will have a great community with the updated rules. People that box on live are not all abusive. 1000 accounts subbed for only boxers is big money for DBG. And for one the server wont be designed for you, it is designed for only boxers.
  4. PwnQuest Augur

Live EQ, there will likely never be another non-truebox TLP.
  5. alicard Elder

At least there are non truebox servers like lockjaw. 20 years and still no FV TLP
  6. tryieq Journeyman

You can also play solo there !
  7. Boxer003 New Member

Don't be
    ridiculous and petty, you have 5 servers now to tlp aoc truebox on, We are ONLY asking for ONE with AoC where multiboxing is allowed, why the heck would you even care if we get our own server? You don't have to play on it...

It IS a reasonable request from a large chunk of the eq players.
    Have there been this many threads from multiboxers asking for a server the last 4 years? No, we kept our heads down while the anti boxers got 5 servers. WE did NOT get anything for the 20th anni. Let us have a server too.
    Please.
    Elyani likes this.
  8. Intin Elder

Please.
  9. Ceffener Augur

Test has AoC.
  10. Kittany Augur

The snarky side of me would completely say: Sure! Lets have a server for the mass boxers. With all the bells and whistles that you could ever want. The only hook is, every account must be a paid subscription account (No krono clicked account) :p

But, then again, I'm just being snarky :p
  11. Parva Lorekeeper

That is fine by me.
    Elyani likes this.
  12. ch0rny Elder

With all the backlash from non-boxers, do you think a boxer only server would be financially successful? Like... would enough boxers fill it.. or non-boxers be willing to play as well? I can't see a box server doing well without a sizable non-box population as well. I think a lot of the boxers would also leave.

Even if all the boxers are "nice", the things non-boxers enjoy will be reduced by factors. Global chat: 1:2 at best. Groups more rare. Guild chats also severely reduced. Unless all boxers are ok with dramatically less social stuff.....

I'm all for boxers having their own server, but I'm one of the non-boxers who would never again play on a box army server after the debacle the first caused. Pickzone and AoC would not fix enough of the issue for me. I know it's not ALL boxers, but it doesn't need to be.....
  13. Maxel New Member

I have played 6 accounts and well that's just to much work. However, I Wouldn't mind being able to 2 box, it's what a lot of people like to do and still group with others.... I'm all for it.
  14. RandomStrategy Augur

A cheap laptop with a USB numpad and creative macro writing, you can duo with the best of them.
  15. Machentoo Augur

Personally, I'd be fine with that. Although they would never do it.
  16. Aneuren Tempered Steel

In fact, I would prefer that. The professional boxers that play 5+ of one class don't need to come to the forums to make this request, because they are doing what they are doing regardless of truebox. But for people like me and my friends, who enjoy playing an actual group composition, not a single one of us pay for our accounts with kronos. It isn't worth our in-game time to go through the effort to self-fund accounts like that.
  17. Quill Augur

Agreed.

And really... tbh, all you have to do is make Krono unable to be made an in-game tradeable item on that server. Buy it all you want, consume it from the gear window all you want. If you try to make it an item it'll give you a big bag of NOPE.

At that point, the only people boxing on that server would be those willing to pay real money to do so, and everything would revert to a normal plat for item economy.

But I think we know they'll never go that route. They might actually start making real money then, and we can't have that.
  18. Machentoo Augur

That defeats the entire purpose of Krono, and is effectively no different than making them not exist. Either way, they also won't do this in a million years.
  19. Steve123 Lorekeeper

How does this solve a single problem? Genuinely curious how forcing boxers to pay subs over krono does anything to combat any problem made by any group of people that plays Everquest? Please enlighten me.
    Nessirfiti likes this.
  20. Machentoo Augur

It doesn't, it just punishes them for the audacity of enjoying a different play style than the officially approved "boxing is evil" approach of the p99 crowd.
    Nessirfiti likes this.