2017 Summer New Progression Server Ruleset?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by snailish, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Galdous Augur

Hmm. I was going to counter argue your points but your final sentence sort of derailed me. You have a point on fun and challenge if that is your mindset but I play eq for fun and to relax. Not having a 10 button rotation is ideal to me itleast per my opinion on the matter same as yours. I have solo managed to get my shaman to 55 in decent time and 52 ish of my levels as a paladin have been solo. If you are that eager to get to the end game that is fine and good but somehow stating that you cannot advance with limited playtime differs from person to person.

If I can do it in a decent speed on a paladin one of the slowest leveling classes til undead zones start to litter the landscape then so can anyone. I have alot of people who are my friend and invite me almost nightly because I network and I am able to log on get a group and make meaningful progress then leave the game when I am finished. It is a game meant to be played over time and with social interactions and using limited playtime as a means to build a team that is in essence a class with all abilities in one so you are basically soloing as a group of people over soloing as one class imo breaks the game and the essence that EQ's success derived from.

That is what I want to see happen again. A game that a character advances by interaction with people and not just a muddled down version of pay to win by using more funds to have your own team solo the game. If that is what you want to do i have nothing against it but my issue is people who think that there should not be a server dedicated to my above imprint of what EQ use to be and should be because they cannot bring their bot army to the party.. You have 99% of other servers to enjoy so why must some people become offended and combative because someone wants a different party that is in spirit what made EQ origially great and would be very attractive to bringing back people who have not looked at EQ in 10+ years.
    Grisnkh likes this.
  2. jeskola pheerie

Like times 100
    Hdizzle likes this.
  3. Dabrixmgp Augur

why not just limit it to only 3 accounts. That was people can still box but still have half the group open for other people. Clerics are one of the most boring classes to play in the History of MMOs. Hell even SoE realized this because they added Mercs so people wouldnt have to play them anymore except in raids. More people boxing Clerics means more groups going on. I mean I will box War/Cler/Enc and someone else can box triple Wiz or triple Mage and now we have a group.
  4. ZappedBoys Lorekeeper

If people hate boxing so much I wouldn't mind this as a compromise.
  5. Dabrixmgp Augur

must be a vocal minority then. I think literally everyone playing on Live has at least a second account.
  6. ZappedBoys Lorekeeper

I honestly think thats what it is. I usually don't see people caring about boxers in groups. Even on ragefire... most people just memed "LOL MAGES" over and over but that's not entirely a boxing issue.
  7. Polekn Augur

I just hope pick changes will stay so that new server will not have any significant impact on other servers.
  8. ZappedBoys Lorekeeper

That or they could just revert the changes everywhere.
  9. Polekn Augur

I'd rather have the changes stay. It will turn new server into another Ragefire, who would want to pay there? On Phinigel we have instances and LDON soon so the effect will not be as bad.
  10. ZappedBoys Lorekeeper

I'm speaking from playing on both Ragefire at release and Phinigel. If the population is similar and if the picks don't ever actually spawn/stay there like they do now then it will be hell in classic and have the exact same issues that rage had at launch.

I really don't get your reasoning as well "turn into another Ragefire". Phinigel had picks like Rage its entire life cycle.
  11. nagash101 Augur

at least one or more and a ton of free accounts. most have 4+ because they are FREE. the TLP Server also limit the amount of accounts because you have to pay for them.
  12. HoboJax New Member

I'd pay 50 dollars a month for a no krono/neckbeard server with folks who have real things to worry about. This game is supposed to be an escape FYI.
    Pantharo likes this.
  13. vanvittig New Member

I would do the same!
  14. GeeLock New Member

Great, that makes one of you.
    vanvittig likes this.
  15. Galleyan Augur

They tried this. See EverQuest Legends. It didn't work.
  16. vanvittig New Member

How about they make the expansion unlocks just like regular EQ did ?
    the big problem for me as a father is that i dont have the same amount of time to explore and group with others as ''no job joe'' the 3 months unlocks makes it imposible for me to reach endgame of an expansion before they allready unlocked 3 expansions more.
    this would prolly also be a pain for the RTM ppl ;)

bring ur hate
  17. Strawberry Augur

And most people hate boxing. I have never ever seen a thread that said:

"hey, I like multiboxing, which character should I add?"

Every thread instead goes like this:

"hey, the server is dead and I can't find a group because everyone else is boxing, so which class should I box?"

"hey, I play at odd hours and can never find people to group, which class should I box?

"hey, which class should I box to farm X,Y,Z"

"hey, I need to AFK a lot, and most groups require hours of commitment, which class should I box?"

most people don't box because they like doing it, it is much more fun to group,people do it out of need, or power

there might be a very small minority who will claim they actually enoy boxing, but if you told them that you could combine the power of your boxed characters into one, they would prefer that over multiboxing

IN FACT, developers for EQ once suggested that in the past, that you could combine the powers of your boxed characters, the idea never went through, thankfully, but many multiboxers loved the idea....multiboxers don't like the boxing itself, they just enjoy the power and flexibility it gives

multiboxing is the result of a deeper issue within the game that causes people to resort to boxing

widespread multiboxing is a sign of an unhealthy server
  18. Galleyan Augur

I enjoy multiboxing. I don't enjoy 6 boxing. 2-3 is pretty fun for me though. Additional challenge with minimal additional headache, and the bonus is that I get to do content alone that would otherwise not be possible.

EQ is not the only game I have multiboxed. I will likely multibox any game that it makes sense to do so and doesn't add "headache" -- Note that challenge is not equivalent to headache (I'm the same idiot who enjoys Souls games).

Edit: And no; I wouldn't want to combine my boxes into one char. I like the disconnect. I like that I can screw up on one and ruin my entire team. If I play all perfectly, I am rewarded. If I don't, I am likely in trouble.
  19. nagash101 Augur

more people box on phinigel then you have a clue about. eq isnt a hard game and in most cases boxing makes the game even more enjoyable.
  20. nagash101 Augur

or a game that has classes that are very simple to play. boxing adds a level of challenge that normal single toon eq doesnt offer.
    Chatoyan likes this.